Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Faction Thread - Armenia (cilicia)

Senator
    In the icey lands of Norway... which aren't actually icey... more like rainy.

Default Re: Faction Thread - Armenia (cilicia)

Quote Originally Posted by Ataegina View Post
    also we've a position open for who have a good graphic card, to take screenshots with quallity
    Well I'd love to fill in for that, I can play with full high settings and huge unit scale with no problem.

Well you can apply for this job, you can pm me or follow the instructions in out recruitment thread, all the help its welcome
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Quote Originally Posted by Nakharar View Post

Description i will make faction descr for game later

The Armenian Kingdom of Cilicia was a kingdom emmerged in the 12th century. The Armenian Empire stretched to Cilicia at the time of Tigran the Great. Once Tigran took Cilicia it became his golden port, it established trade with Romans and Greeks and Carthaginians. Since then Armenian Merchants have always been most profitable around Cilicia. Although Cilicia was taken many time by the enemy it remained important to the economy of Armenia. Cilicia was reconquered from the Arabs by the Byzantine Emperor Nicephorus II Phocas around 965. He expelled the Muslims living there, and Christians from Syria and Armenia were encouraged to settle in the region. Emperor Basil II (976-1025) attempted to expand into Armenian Vaspurakan in the East and Arab-held Syria towards the south. As a result of the Byzantine military campaigns, the Armenians spread into Cappadocia and eastward from Cilicia into the mountainous areas of northern Syria and Mesopotamia.The Armenian immigration increased with the formal annexation of Greater Armenia to the Byzantine Empire in 1045 and the Seljuk conquest 19 years thereafter, giving two new waves of migration. After the fall of Bagratid Armenia, and during the following centuries, the Armenian state was unable to re-establish itself and its sovereignty. It remained under the rule of Turkic tribes. The Armenian Kings remained loyal to the Christian Kingdoms of the Levamt and some Kings tried forcing the Armenian people to become Catholic but those Kings were very unpopular. The Armenian kings and Princes such as Levon I were popular among the Crusaders, they gave supplies , food , horses , weapons , shelters and soldiers too. The Armenian armies were still like the armies of before with the legendary soldeirs of the Gentronakan Goond , Azats , Aspets , Nakharars. But however the armies were more European influenced with European style armour , European style weapons. The Armenian armies also had the advantage that the Armenians were loyal to the faith and always have been even at the time when the European nations were still worshiping a various different number of Gods. The Armenians are isolated will the Armenians look East will the Armenians look North one thing for sure Armenia must look towards the homeland

Armenian Family Tree:
    The main Armenian at the time was Levon I but thats out of the Time Frame
    Faction Leader Prince Ruben(25) married Isabella of Toron in 1187 out of the timeframe his brother is a super general called Levon I (agged 20) he is the faction heir , Levon will have high chivalry high command high loyalty and alright piety. There father is Prince Stephan of Lesser Armenia whos dead and his wife if Ritha de Barbaron.
    ##

Stephan(dead) Isabella of Toron(dead)
    IskhanRuben(25) Avag Sepuh Levon(20)(heir)

Iskahn Ruben(3 command, 5 piety, 3 authority, 2 chivalry)
    Levon ( 5 command, 4 piety, 6 Chivalry, 5 loyalty, good tax Administrator, great one, architect and loads of building stuff)

The House of Wilpuri ~ Proud Patron of: The Noble Lord & Sumskilz

Ermeni's Avatar Biarchus

Here are some stuff, I'll be back with more later.

Map showing all cities of importance to Cilicia, it should be mentioned that in 1099 the armenian rupenian family only controlled the area surrounding Vakha and Bardzerbert. Other cities and areas like Urfa/Edessa, Melitene/Malatya, Marash, the cilician gates where controlled by other armenian families.

Sis, Anazarba, Marash was incorporated early on durnig the reign of Thoros I whose reign started 1102. During the 1130:s the coastline was also esatblished under armenian reign during the leadership of Levon/Leon I.

The most important inland cities was Sis, Adana and Tarsus but Ayas was the greatest economic hub of Cilicia.

Faction Symbols:

Coat of Arms

S:t John

Great, I wont more!!!!!

Senator
    In the icey lands of Norway... which aren't actually icey... more like rainy.

Would you happen to know the name of the Armenian kingdom of Cilicia in Armenian? (Written with the Latin alphabet of course)

Ermeni's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by hekk View Post
    Would you happen to know the name of the Armenian kingdom of Cilicia in Armenian? (Written with the Latin alphabet of course)
    I think that would be - Kilikioh Haikakan Takavorootiunuh

But I'm gonna need confirmation on that to be 100% sure.

Armenian Royal titles

King = Takavor
    Prince = Avag Sepuh

Just some other titles:

Catholicos - high ranking priest title

Sparapet - commander of armenian forces

Nakharar = Noble

Some Historical Characters

Mkhitar Heratsi - Armenian Physician
    Mkhitar Gosh (1130-1213) - Armenian scholar and priest
    Nerses of Lambron (1153 - 1198) - Archbishop of Tarsus in the Armenian Kingdom of Cilicia
    Sargis Pitsak - Medieval Armenian scribe and miniaturist in Cilicia (1300-)
    Toros Roslin (c.1210 – 1270) - was the most prominent Armenian miniaturist in the Middle Ages.

See you soon
    Last edited by Ermeni; July 03, 2008 at 05:49 AM.

Ermeni, can you post more stuff for banners, please.

Ermeni's Avatar Biarchus

ok some more stuff. Hopefully I'll be back with some more.

nice info Ermeni

hey all looking good i saw you quoted some of my research from ROE thread shame it doesnt show i did it ah no worries anyway Armenian King was called Arkah i think. Also it depends if this mod starts 1080 then it has to be a Prince because Armenia Cilcian Kigndom because a Kingdom during the time of levon I

hey all looking good i saw you quoted some of my research from ROE thread shame it doesnt show i did it ah no worries anyway
    Check it again my friend(there is your nick above first picture). Thats why I quoted it and no just copy/paste. I wouldn't take credit for something i didn't do.

Armenian King was called Arkah i think. Also it depends if this mod starts 1080 then it has to be a Prince because Armenia Cilcian Kigndom because a Kingdom during the time of levon I
    Mod is starting 1098,
    If you have more info or pictures for banners please post.

Well im bysy with my own mod sorry yes that means that armenia would have a Takavor Levon I

Well im bysy with my own mod sorry yes

so have you confirmed the name "Kilikioh Haikakan Takavorootiunuh" its the real accurate name ?

Well confirm with Drtad i speciailise in Dark Age Armenia but to the top of my knowledge thats right

the name its quit long, so how only say Armenia-Cilicia ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ataegina View Post
    the name its quit long, so how only say Armenia-Cilicia ?
    I think that is quite good

When we release our mod we can make changes like that one, in second version of FA

until the next preview, here you've one of the new armenian units....enjoy !!

Gotta Love Armenia !!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast