Thread: Script Error

Laetus

Icon9 Script Error

Hi, so I just downloaded NTW2, clean install. I launched the game and it went to the intial load screen then crashed with this message:

Script Error in napoleonic/data/descr_settlement_plan.txt, at line 198, column 17.

Unable to find ambient id or building battle description:
    tree_A_deciduous_summer

I found the line in the file-

climate_groups
    {
    ; example
    ; group tree_A
    ; {
    ; default tree_A_deciduous_summer
    ; grassland winter winter_grassland_tree_A
    ; grassland summer summer_grassland_tree_A
    ; sandy_desert any tree_A_palm
    ; rocky_desert any tree_A_palm
    group tree_A
    {
    default tree_A_deciduous_summer
    temperate_grassland_fertile winter tree_A_deciduous_winter
    temperate_grassland_infertile winter tree_A_deciduous_winter
    temperate_forest_open winter tree_A_deciduous_winter
    temperate_forest_deep winter tree_A_deciduous_winter
    highland winter tree_A_deciduous_winter
    alpine winter tree_A_deciduous_winter
    sub_arctic winter tree_A_deciduous_winter
    sandy_desert any tree_A_palm
    rocky_desert any tree_A_palm

I'm wondering if it has to do with the "example" part. I'm not computer savvy at all, so if you guys come up with a solution please explain it in simpleton terms so I can understand Any and all responses are appreciated.

Bleh, nevermind I jsut had to reinstall rtw - problem solved, but now I have a new problem
    Last edited by Harodgarrr; March 30, 2008 at 02:20 PM.

Default Re: Script Error

Hi there, what is your new problem?

Devoirs The Empress
    The Lordz Modding Collective
    "The LMC expects every modder to do his Duty" - not by Lord Nelson
    "Blow it out your arse." - Halie Satanus
    The Eagle Standard

Laetus

Well, I put it in a new post but I can't play custom battle with more than two factions or the game crashes (I couldn't play custom battle at all before or it'd crash but now I can play any map as long as I dont have more than 2 factions in the battle) Also, as a side question is there a campaign mode for this mod? I didn't think it'd be that interesting without a campaign mode when I saw there wasn't one but since I've played a few custom battles i've noticed that it's really fun even without it.

You definitely must try multiplayer, that is where all the fun is. As for your problem, i have no idea what could be causing it. If one faction loads, then the rest must also. Maybe your machine is very old? You should try lowering the settings, with even 2 gb of ram it still lags on high settings with big battles.

Laetus

I can't play multiplayer it sais my cd key is invalid even though I know I entered it right. And my computer can handle large scale battles, I've tried to play with 6 factions and each had only two units and it crashed on game loading - but I can play a battle with 2 full stack armies.

you have to enter the cd key 3, 4, sometimes 5, times, until you get it 'right.' For some reason, they are very persnickety buggers, and the oddest things will set them off. make sure there are no capital letters, no spaces, '-' are where they need to be, so on so forth.
    Yes, I hate the fact RTW is out and I still have a Japanese title. Come on now admins- let's get with the program.

Laetus

Well, I've entered it 20 different ways, It still doesn't work Eh. Say, is there by chance a Civil War mod for rtw? I looked at ATW but that's a mod for MTW1 and I don't have that.

I don't recall hearing anything about the ACW, there might be something for the ECW if you look about in the mod forums a tad. Someone might have included a part of the war in their mod.

The CD key issue is not an uncommon one that has caused eople a ton of headaches. You may want to contact CA directly to sort this issue out. If you're not able to play MP then you're not getting what you paid for.

Devoirs The Empress
    The Lordz Modding Collective
    "The LMC expects every modder to do his Duty" - not by Lord Nelson
    "Blow it out your arse." - Halie Satanus
    The Eagle Standard

Laetus

Okay, thanks