Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Get to know your fellow Senators!

Winter's Avatar Civitate

Default Get to know your fellow Senators!

In YATS we encourage cooprative gameplay and story-writing, so it is natural that we would try to create a closer community than you might find in other games. That said, use this thread to post some details about yourself that you want to share with others. Don't get too specific, but give us enough to know something about you we might otherwise not.

I'll start:

My first name is Nate, and I'm a highschool senior from the US state of Connecticut.

Next year I'll be going off to college at UConn, or the University of Connecticut, as a major in Classics and Ancient Medditerraean Studies. My dream is to become a professor, write a couple of books, and try to get my students interested in the Classics, perhaps even by using technology in a sort of YATS'y way. Failing that, I am sure I can find a job teaching high school.

In my downtime I like to write (I edit our school's literary magazine) and act, as I'm a part of the drama club.

So, if it doesn't make you uncomfortable, give us a few words about yourselves!
    Last edited by Winter; March 23, 2010 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Jeb View Post
    Hah, you're always so helpful to threads Winter. No wonder you got citizen!

Default Re: Get to know your fellow Senators!

My name's Matt.

I am a first year university student at Simon Fraser University, British Columbia.

I am currently taking Crimonology and Common law study as undergraduate courses (so much work involved). I intend to go into law school after that and become a lawyer, criminal preferably.

I enjoy reading, movies, video games, history, mentally manipulating fellow students and hanging out with my friends.

I love public speaking and have been debating going into a political career after graduation. Problem is Canada's politics are quite boring so...
    Alistair Yronwood - Lord of Yronwood, Warden of the Stone Way, Blood Royal

"Darkness? I was born in it...molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man. By then it was nothing to me but blinding! The shadows betray you because they belong to me!
    "But there must always be a Darth Traya, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal. Who has been betrayed in their heart, and will betray in turn."

"You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks! "

My name's Vladimir,

I'm a second year English major at Cornell University (Woo! Sweet sixteen!). Not particularly too loquacious in terms of self description but cross my path in Curia or in speeches and I will post like no other. Nate and Matt can testify

Currently working on two pieces that I hope to get published. One is rooted in realism while the other one is in fantasy. I have also done some writing about the Roman empire, particularly about the succession of Gordian III in the form of creative writing while using some of the names from YATS.

Crusades
    Historical fiction - Fifty Tales from Rome

Can YOU dance like the Cookie Man?
    Improbe amor quid non mortalia pectora cogis? - The Aeneid
    I run an Asteroid mining website. Visit it before James Cameron takes it from me.

Winter's Avatar Civitate

Really, that sounds cool, you should post it here!

My cousin goes to Cornell. Big Red is doing great while UConn is out. The world is upside down.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Jeb View Post
    Hah, you're always so helpful to threads Winter. No wonder you got citizen!

Nole4694's Avatar Procrastination Power!

My names Garrett (I know an awesome name right )

Im a Sophomore in Highschool that is in a little town you guys I know for a fact have never heard of, in the US state of South Carolina. Currently Im looking into going into engineering Im still undecided on exactly what kind

Im part of the robotic's team and in my free time I like playing video games, hanging out with friends, occasionally a good read, and browsing the twc forums

I also love history, and have for a long time, and debating even if Ive never done it as a team(though my parents like to call it argueing over the littlest thing but what do they know? )
    God Save The King
    Gosse Durrant - Baron of Huntington - 24

Former contributor to the
    Go on! Take a look at their latest issue!

Under the patronage of the Black Prince

Quote Originally Posted by chaplain118 View Post
    My name's Vladimir,

I'm a second year English major at Cornell University (Woo! Sweet sixteen!). Not particularly too loquacious in terms of self description but cross my path in Curia or in speeches and I will post like no other. Nate and Matt can testify

Currently working on two pieces that I hope to get published. One is rooted in realism while the other one is in fantasy. I have also done some writing about the Roman empire, particularly about the succession of Gordian III in the form of creative writing while using some of the names from YATS.
    You had better include Caesar or Gallus in there!
    Alistair Yronwood - Lord of Yronwood, Warden of the Stone Way, Blood Royal

"Darkness? I was born in it...molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man. By then it was nothing to me but blinding! The shadows betray you because they belong to me!
    "But there must always be a Darth Traya, one that holds the knowledge of betrayal. Who has been betrayed in their heart, and will betray in turn."

"You clearly don't know who you're talking to, so let me clue you in. I am not in danger, I AM the danger! A guy opens his door and gets shot and you think that of me? No. I am the one who knocks! "

saxdude's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

My name is Peter

Originator from florida i now live in Veracruz, Mexico. My interests are diverse and range from Arts like drawing and sax playin to Metal and Ancient european history, currently planning on possibly going abroad for my studies of ancient military and arqueology.

My name's Cameron

I live in an even smaller place than Nole, but in Louisiana. Im a Sophmore as well. After this hell hole I call High School is over, I plan to attend some sort of University and major in Law or Political Science and minor is either Political Science( if I take Law as major) or Theology.

In my spare time, I usually end up on the internet because where I live is boring. But I go out, hang out with some friends. I have a great interest in History (Medieval era) and spend some time reading up on that. I read some every now and then and have chosen that my favorite book is the Godfather.

There's really not much else to tell. Im still waiting to get a rig, but sooner or later, I will have one
    Also if you havent noticed, my favorite political figure of today's world would be the Putinator.

My name's Sean, I live in the city of Hayward, California, USA.

I'm attending community college at the moment, but I'm planning on transferring to a 4-year(didn't have the money the first time around ). I haven't gotten a major figured out yet, the classes I'm taking a quite all over the place but it will probably be something in history or mathematics.

In my free time I (of course) play video games from flight sims like Allied Force to fun games like Demon's Souls. I practice Archery on Saturday and I shoot my Brown Bess, Finnish Mosin and M1911 on Sunday at the nearby range. Twice a month I go Airsofting and paintballing instead of Archery every other week.

Oh, and I write video game reviews that never get released on really obscure games, such as Obscure.
    Last edited by dragoon47; January 03, 2012 at 05:52 PM.
    Lucius Valerius Poplicola - Patrician - 34

Um ok, I'm Yael (or Os for people who know me since I was a kid).

I'm currently studying Computer Science in Toluca City, Mexico. If everything goes as planned, later this year I will be going to the Scuola Superiore Sant'Anna in Italy, where I intent to specialize on research and human-computer interaction. I would say that aside from that my main interests are Arts in general and ancient history.

On my free time I enjoy hanging out with friends, videogames, reading and just being on the internetz.
    Last edited by Ozy; March 23, 2010 at 11:07 PM.

Chernish's Avatar Decanus

Ok, My name is Dmitry, I am a professor of the Saratov State University, Russia. I am a historian, but now is busy in administrative work. All his life fond of military history, learning the Mongol invasion and Genghis Khan.
    I not played in RTW 5 years and is now delighted with the achievements Europa Barbarorum and Roma Surrection. I am married and have two children :-).

P.S. Putinator? Hah! Excellent! Good joke :-)
    Do what must be and let be what will

Raglan's Avatar ~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Chernish View Post
    Ok, My name is Dmitry, I am a professor of the Saratov State University, Russia. I am a historian, but now is busy in administrative work. All his life fond of military history, learning the Mongol invasion and Genghis Khan.
    I not played in RTW 5 years and is now delighted with the achievements Europa Barbarorum and Roma Surrection. I am married and have two children :-).

damn, i'm glad to see this, i though you were all kids.

i'm mark, mid twenties, working a dull arse job while studying history and politics. Have a life long passion for martial arts and brought a 360 last week
    Last edited by Raglan; March 24, 2010 at 04:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chernish View Post

Does your name by any ways refer to Chernyshevsky?

Crusades

I run an Asteroid mining website. Visit it before James Cameron takes it from me.

Chernish's Avatar Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by chaplain118 View Post
    Does your name by any ways refer to Chernyshevsky?
    Yes, he is my ancestor.
    Do what must be and let be what will

My name's Tom,

Studying History, English language and literature, Religious Studies and Spanish at AS level in Kent (County not the Uni ).
    Considering tons of different futures, law, philosophy, archaeology and at to university I'm undecided.

Spare time consists of being with the girlfriend and mates, video games (when the xbox decides not to break which means I wait months before ringing up to get it sorted like currently) reading and hunting (mainly a beater).
    YATS NAME: Marcus Calpurnius Bestia - 52 [Plebeian]

Elendil of Númenor's Avatar Campidoctor

My name is also Tom.

I live in Jászberény, Hungary and I go to High School here. My plans, thoughts, dreams use to vary from none at all to a lot, so I can't really say where I'm going - definitely something to do with History, Literature and similar subjects.

During my free time I usually read, 'have fun' on the piano, write music, devise long and complicated plot-lines for YATS through which Chap can murder to his heart's content... Well, that kind of stuff.

now that my character's killed off, it's time for me to rp some serious serious psychopaths until a new character

Crusades

Have fun - oh, but please spare the main evil guy (Mr. Blackcloaked) - I have my own, ahem, plans for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Elendil of Númenor View Post
    'have fun' on the piano
    Kinky...

Umm, I mean mostly improvisations inspired by RL and sometimes YATS experience...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast