Thread: Vista Problem With BBW Install... HELP NEEDED PLEASE

SpartanWarriorXI's Avatar Ordinarius

Default Vista Problem With BBW Install... HELP NEEDED PLEASE

Ok I'm trying to install BBW as my mod but a popup comes up during the install saying that it cannot create such and such file and it gives me three options abort the install, retry and ignore. I retry and nothing happens so I ignored it and then the install worked fine for a little bit and then another popup comes up saying it can't create another file with the same three options. When I hit ignore immediately another comes up and so on. There's a ton of them so eventually I just aborted the install. HELP???

I have Windows Vista and discussions from other threads suggests this has something to do with my problem. I'm really eager to get this mod up and running so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot!!!

The Lacedaemonians Choose To Die

Default Re: Vista Problem With BBW Install... HELP NEEDED PLEASE

Won't work with Vista. SPQR is the only mod that does as far as i know. sorry!

Actually I got it working lmao!!! Thx though Segestan!!! I just had to run the install as administrator!!!

Great.. I'll remember that.

ServiusTheGreat's Avatar Semisalis

excusse me how did you run it as administrator i have vista and the same thing that you talked about is happening and i cant get the install working

Ok when you go to click on the BBW install make sure its in the RTW main folder and then right click on it and click on run as administrator (keep in mind you have to be the administrator!!!) then go through the process to start the install and it should work perfectly!!!

How do I become an admin..I have the exact same problems as you do. If it doesn't bother you to much could you perhaps give us a step by step process? TIA

i have vista, i have Spqr, Surrectum EB and Bare bones working, Make sure you are installing in Your Rome total war root folder not data, also you dont need an admin account, you right click it and run as administrator.

Peace

"I may not like what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

- Voltaire(1694–1778)

make sure you have a clean version of RTW installed. I have played most mods for this and i have vista