Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: NEW RELEASE: Napoleonic Total War II version 1.0

Mr.Gorby's Avatar Semisalis

Default Re: NEW RELEASE: Napoleonic Total War II version 1.0

Thank you you for your labour! Beside me question, has installed I the most last your addition, script is actuated only scenario Borodino. All three other battles, do not want be started, how I this do to actuate the play?

Only the Borodino battle is for single-player. The other 3 are for multiplayer.

corey4045's Avatar Tiro

:this is the best game ever althougth they should add the confederation of the rhine germans fighting for the french
    NEW FAMILY GUY EPISODE

The British Empire
    ''THE SUN NEVER SETS ON THE BRITISH EMPIRE''

Gen.jamesWolfe's Avatar Vicarius

I'm playing that. just had a custom battle-swedes(AI) vs. British (me). hard fought battle. lovely uniforms too

Quote Originally Posted by SeniorBatavianHorse View Post
    Thanks for the advice, Empress Meg. I am beginning to get a handle on the Courtesy rules re no firing in column, sniping at general, and other things like that - but if you bump into me online and I am not playing properly by all means advise me as I am keen to learn!
    those are the very things I do...to the rules of napoleanic warfare-SYW/ revolution in America man!!! shoot on columns, mow down generals, and hit them hard!!
    Last edited by Empress Meg; July 24, 2008 at 06:10 PM. Reason: Consec Posting.

I'm happy that I use NTW2 1.0 as base to EW.
    Thanks, second one!

KozCDVI's Avatar Domesticus

I love this game!

What would make it truly perfect is the ol' chevron system, I like to add bonuses in morale and experience and att/def to my men and the men of my enemies.

It makes it more realistic, and sometimes battles are too quick because the light guys just flee whenever I bring the Old Guard forward... And it is difficult to repulse cavlary, who win battles with flanking attacks almost everytime.. Is there no chance for square formation?

I still love it anyway!

“My mother taught me never to throw stones at cripples. My father taught me to aim for their heads.”
    - Ramsay Snow

Shingen's Avatar Civis

In my opinion, the chevron system is only good for campaign games.
    It always annoyed me in multiplayer games. Good luck the Lordz kicked it out of the game.
    There are enough troops to choose. From weak and cheap to tough and expensive.
    militia, line, grenadiers, guard for infantry
    and the same for cav and lights

Keep your lights out of fights, use them for what they are made, for shooting.

Square:
    You can form a square with four units, but normally it is better to counterattack cavalry with your infantry. Cavalry is only effective against infantry if they attack from the flank, better the rear or outnumber the infantry.
    This video shows square is NTW2.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ubWYQ9XO1BI
    Last edited by Shingen; June 26, 2008 at 07:42 AM.

KozCDVI's Avatar Domesticus

Well then when playing it should be an optional feature. I wasn't talking multiplayer, I was talking about custom battles... That's where the fun begins...If you don't want chevrons, you don't have to use them... But there are people who want the option to use chevrons when they deem it neccesary.

And when you see cavalry approacghing, it would take a LONG time to sort your units into that formation in time to recieve the attack. I form a large consecrated mass, like a square, but filled... that sometimes works.

“My mother taught me never to throw stones at cripples. My father taught me to aim for their heads.”
    - Ramsay Snow

first of all you did a great job you explain very well ottomans situation in that era but someones thinks the turkish power is meaningless or useless i ve to remember you WW I and our indepence war we won all our fights but we failed war because someones cowardness like retreat battle near 10 km of paris we fought very well and some of our "enemies" respect us in war then you ve to think when you try to talk about Turks or Ottomans and their war force my words not for mod creator he did very good job when the calculate ottoman era in that days

Quote Originally Posted by begomania View Post
    first of all you did a great job you explain very well ottomans situation in that era but someones thinks the turkish power is meaningless or useless i ve to remember you WW I and our indepence war we won all our fights but we failed war because someones cowardness like retreat battle near 10 km of paris we fought very well and some of our "enemies" respect us in war then you ve to think when you try to talk about Turks or Ottomans and their war force my words not for mod creator he did very good job when the calculate ottoman era in that days
    Hello. I'm glad you like the ottomans, wasn't easy making them. As for ww1, well, the ottomans were in a constant decline after falling back from Vienna (whenever that was. 16th century?)

p.s. I'm Greek

my dear Greek friend
    first of all i didnt feel any nonsense rivallary for your civilization yea after vienna and tecnichal advances after europe like renesans ( idont know how to write sorry) europe raise very very quickly and some of our stupid sultans big mistakes i all agree with your comments of about ottomans. i just angry with some our friends comments like "i have my men ready with their tight breeches and really high bearskins to defeat your sock wearing janisarries" because he didnt remember when they came back paris with their legs at their backs we fought of dardanells with old-age weapons i just angry with him i have full respect who read history without prejudgement and racism i congrulate you again with this mod because you search and anlyze very very objective
    Last edited by begomania; July 23, 2008 at 02:43 PM. Reason: i terrible sorry use g with your civilization name

Is the new map pack out yet?

^^^No, not yet I'm sorry to say.

Devoirs The Empress
    The Lordz Modding Collective
    "The LMC expects every modder to do his Duty" - not by Lord Nelson
    "Blow it out your arse." - Halie Satanus
    The Eagle Standard

Quote Originally Posted by Empress Meg View Post
    ^^^No, not yet I'm sorry to say.

Devoirs The Empress
    :hmmm:That's too bad.

this makes me wanna reinstall rome total war

downloaded it yesturday....

very awesome

While the site is down, please use the following links to download NTW2:

http://nwg.wikispaces.com/Napoleonic+Total+War+2
    (Scroll to the middle of the page to the Downloads section.)

http://files.filefront.com/NTW2+Full.../fileinfo.html

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=4K0ZRO0S

Devoirs The Empress
    Last edited by Empress Meg; August 04, 2008 at 08:43 PM.
    The Lordz Modding Collective
    "The LMC expects every modder to do his Duty" - not by Lord Nelson
    "Blow it out your arse." - Halie Satanus
    The Eagle Standard

I just reinstalled my game for this, and IT PWNS!

Psychonaut's Avatar Domesticus

how do u make infantry do bayonet charages?

how do u make infantry do bayonet charages?
    You can make your infantry do a bayonet charge by Alt-clicking on the enemy.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast