Thread: Forts from Crusades campaign ?

Default Forts from Crusades campaign ?

it would be cool to have permanent forts in EBII from crusades campaign with a limit of 20 per faction .
    it would be awesome for me .
    i dont know about you guys .
    leave a response about what you think about these idea.
    i think is strategic .

and one more thing .

make units 20% cheaper man !
    they take all your money to recruit an army in EB1 and that is not like balanced for me

thelord's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Forts from Crusades campaign ?

well i have 500000 in the bank on my EB 1.0 save so your doing something wrong

Quote Originally Posted by thelord View Post
    well i have 500000 in the bank on my EB 1.0 save so your doing something wrong
    *cough* add_money 40000 x50 *cough*

MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar Domesticus
    Citizen

The permanent forts from Kingdoms will probably be used, though they may not be buildable. One of the current plans is to use them to make minor cities that are not included in the current map due to hardcoding limits.

Unit costs will probably be the same. Expensive/realistic armies is one of the bases of EB.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus View Post
    The permanent forts from Kingdoms will probably be used, though they may not be buildable. One of the current plans is to use them to make minor cities that are not included in the current map due to hardcoding limits.

Unit costs will probably be the same. Expensive/realistic armies is one of the bases of EB.
    Thats a cool idea
    but again it takes a fortune to get an army
    but yeah im cool with what you guys ( if youre working on EBII )
    are doing
    its interesting that idea about minor cities :hmmm:

Ermeni's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by MarcusAureliusAntoninus View Post

Fantastic Idea

Space Voyager's Avatar Campidoctor

Really, GREAT idea.

eggthief's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by GroupofSpearmen View Post
    *cough* add_money 40000 x50 *cough*
    u dont need to cheat to get that much money, it just depends on your faction and the way u build. for example I had 2 million mnai in my makedonia campaign.

Brilliance on the part of the forts thing. Just edit them to look like small towns, have them unbuildable, and place however many of them as you wish on the map and put them over a resource, so they still produce money.

Not quite sure how you plan naming them though, or how they would produce money without a merchant inside them.

Quote Originally Posted by Kennylz View Post
    Brilliance on the part of the forts thing. Just edit them to look like small towns, have them unbuildable, and place however many of them as you wish on the map and put them over a resource, so they still produce money.

Not quite sure how you plan naming them though, or how they would produce money without a merchant inside them.
    Maybe make a new agent...."Governer/Mayor/Duke/Whatever" and give him same ability as merchant but only work in the forts?

fightermedic's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost_loy View Post
    Maybe make a new agent...."Governer/Mayor/Duke/Whatever" and give him same ability as merchant but only work in the forts?
    quite good idea so an enemy could take parts of a land and not always the whole province if the capital falls, well but then you would have to find a way not to have a "governer war" for them but to take them with an army

well as it stands in Meddy 2 merchants can't enter an enemy-held fort, so you'd need to take it by force to get them to leave. Renaming merchants should work just fine, I think.

Merchants = Minor Governors? Or Governors period? Then you'd just have to give Merchants +law and +tax traits and ancillaries.

That actually would be pretty revolutionary... Maybe the computer would even impliment them properly? You'd have to see if they are smart enough to put Governors in forts to get the resources, or make sure people don't stack Governors?

fightermedic's Avatar Ordinarius

Quote Originally Posted by Rob2984 View Post
    well as it stands in Meddy 2 merchants can't enter an enemy-held fort, so you'd need to take it by force to get them to leave. Renaming merchants should work just fine, I think.

then i think this is really an option thats worth thinking about it