Thread: Destroying aor buildings of other factions.

Default Destroying aor buildings of other factions.

Here is a script that will destroy all non-byzantine aor buildings in their settlements. If you copy it and change the faction you can use it for all factions, with a "not factionislocal' command it should make it only ai.

Also you can include a monitary reimbursement to the faction in the command aswell. I BELIEVE it goes after the building chain and before true and is just a number.

Default Re: Destroying aor buildings of other factions.

ACK! I had a typo in the script. This is fixed.

Socal_infidel's Avatar PDER Piper

Pretty nifty. I'm thinking it would definitely help the AI deal with AOR buildings if coupled with the monetary reimbursement. Since currently they won't destroy any buildings let alone the AOR ones which they should since they a) get money if they would do so and b) it suppresses the military capabalities of a region should they lose that province again.

The one thing I haven't been able to figure out yet is how to create AOR buildings from the start for certain factions to spur their development. I think the problem is if you use create_building London royal barracks, it creates a generic barracks that can't be used. The solution would be to probably make not only the tree faction-specific but the buildings within the tree the same as well (e.g. royal_barracks_england, etc.).

That way I could script the building of these structures instead of pouring scripted cash the AI's way in the hope they build-up their infrastructure...

xeryx's Avatar Follow the White Rabbit

Check with Naimad, he is scripting some AI building.
    Proudly patronized by B. Ward Click Sig Logo for Downloads, Click forums here and here
    "Do not try and bend the spoon, that is impossible, instead only try and realize the truth.
    There is no spoon, and you will see, it is not the spoon that bends, only yourself."-The Matrix