Page 9 of 44 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: CATW - Main thread discussion

Default Re: Classical Age Total War

Quote Originally Posted by matricaria View Post
    i have same problem, i unzipped into the Rome - Total War but when i tried to open the mod i got error says: "fs_slinge is not found"
    Will a patch be released to play mod properly

cocobongoclub-DJ's Avatar Père fourmois

This error is easy to correct, going in descr_model_battle, search "fs_slinge" and add a "r". But that would not solve the major crash that occured after (without explanation found yet). As i said before, i am currently rebuilding the whole mod on a clear vanilla base to find what was wrong. No tutorial could even clear this. The mod was released "as is" with the last updates, and i was far from home, unable to test it.
    The only playable mod yet (not released) is an english translation of the former beta2a fr version with new catw units.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Under the Noble Patronage of Agisilaos
    CATW Modeller skinner since 2006, now retired - Proud grandfather of Classical-Age Total War, the ancient world in 300 bc...
    http://www.ancient-battles.com

Sorry to not give any fresh news about the mod. I decided to report it, without a good scripter, it's a mess.
    The beta2 will be the previous french version released earlier, updated with catw new units and strats. Now i'm working on the final 1.0 version.
    It will have a custom brand-new campaign map, and lot of highly detailled models with new .cas (most of them beeing made already) and new hi-def skins (massive previews soon). New stats characters, ships, cities, ports, are done. new buildings are on the way, including new walls for barbarians fortresses, derived from the chivalry's motte settlements.
    List of actual factions (sure that people are bored with roman families):
    -Romani
    -Arverni
    -Haedui
    -Belgae
    -Sweboz
    -Karthadast
    -Celtiberi
    -Makedon
    -Getai
    -Thraike
    -Skythai
    -Pontos
    -Hayasdan
    -Arche Seleukoi
    -Arche Ptolemaioi
    -Palhava
    -Epiros
    -Illyrioi
    -Bosphoros
    -Baiowarioz (boians)
    -Eleutheroi
    Last edited by cocobongoclub-DJ; January 20, 2009 at 03:16 AM.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    CATW Modeller skinner since 2006, now retired - Proud grandfather of Classical-Age Total War, the ancient world in 300 bc...

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Sounds cool, can't wait!

Another correction :
    In 300 bc., the parthians were not an autonomous kingdom, but integrated in the seleucid parthian satrapy. They will be not featured as a faction, but as powerful "slave" mini-faction (as sarmatians). So there is a free slot.

romans_julii > SPQR
    egypt > Arche Ptolemai
    seleucid > Arche seleukia
    carthage > Kart'hadast
    parthia > ??? (Syracuse, aetolian league, samniti ?...)
    gauls > Haedui
    germans > Suebi
    britons > Belgae
    greek_cities > Bosporan Cimmerian kingdom
    macedon > Arche Makedon
    pontus > Pontus (just founded ! : 302)
    armenia > Haysadan (armenian kingdom)
    dacia > Getai
    numidia > Arvernii
    scythia > Skythoi (and sarmatian late transition)
    spain > Celtiberi
    thrace > Arche Thraike
    romans_brutii > illyrioi
    romans_scipii > Epeiros
    romans_senate > Boii
    slave >>> eleutheroi (slaves)

You can post your ideas, but the map will be probably not extended east and south as MM.

waiting, the mod will be soon ?
    [URL="http://www.radikal.ru/"][/UR
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vdNXJ2E181c

Well, that's depend on what you're waiting for... The previous beta2 based on MM is still unplayable, although the fact that all files were carefully scrutined, i think that's the whole -mod -nm system is uncompatible with MM in my configuration. It's works well with the vanilla map, though, but a mod on vanilla map would be of poor interest. But a beta2a translated in english with new units is available.
    Now i'm still searching a stable platform for catw1.0. For the moment i put on the test res gestae map and the complete overhaul of former units still goes on, well advanced by now. All models and textures are highly detailled. When the first faction will be ready (with early, late, even medium and all variant units, AOR units...), you'll have complete, bold, RS2 style previews...

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    ... with such screens (an early ekdromoi variant with boeotian helmet and aspis)
    Last edited by cocobongoclub-DJ; January 29, 2009 at 12:19 PM.

i think syracuses in sicily would be a great faction to take the place of parthia. keep it up

Macedonia was,is and will always be Hellenic.
    it is nice to be important, but it is more important to be nice.

Indefinitely Banned

thats good news

thanks for the rep, congrats for your effort
    [URL="http://www.radikal.ru/"][/UR
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=vdNXJ2E181c

Looking forward to it!

Thusnelda's Avatar Laetus

Yeah, me too! looks promising. Keep us posted!

Thx for your support.
    I think i will release sooner than catw1.0 a huge units demo version, based on the very last, fresh catw units. The very first faction to be reveal next would be the carthaginians (with up to 40 units by now...). Most of the skins are HD and it's time consuming. It will be also an example of awaited units evolutions within catw campaign. The roman army is well advanded too, as the macedonians. Some greek units are never seen before, as the so-called "neokretikoi" (neo cretans as decribed by polybius).
    Some asked also for a bi version, which is naturally modfoldered. But i doubt that the EB alin's anim package could match this version. One another advantage of catw based on bi would be emerging hordes, like sarmatians and parthians, a suevi tribe, even the sicambri or teutones.

Agisilaos's Avatar GREECE - ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

sounds very interesting and promising. waiting for it
    Macedones were, are and will always be Greeks
    Under the Noble Patronage of jimkatalanos and proud patron of Agis Tournas and cocobongoclub-DJ
    Terrae Expugnandae, Imperial Might, Mythology, Complete Byzantine Roster, Ruins of glory, Sparta 3, Hegemonia City States, Roma Surrectum 2,300 Warlords of Sparta, Sparta 3.5, Classical Age Total War
    watch this
    , this and this
    Τακτική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις αν υπάρχει κάτι που μπορείς να κάνεις.
    Στρατηγική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις όταν δεν υπάρχει τίποτα να κάνεις.

good work... this is an promising mod....
    Click on my sig and check out my modelling works! Your opinion is welcome!

Thx for your support.
    Still working on the new carthaginian faction. There are four aor available with it, africa (with several numidian and libyan auxiliaries), spain, gaul, and italy (with mini 5 units each), not including the variants and mercenaries. A brand new website is on the way for additional features.
    Still searching the ideal map, and as the whole reshape of units is really time consuming, (approx one month for each), i doubt the mod could be anything else than a massive unit roster, not a full mod, without any help. So by now, making catw a submod for terra expugnandae, RTR or dathmod, which probably bears the best AI, would be a practical short-term solution.

I announce a brand-new website devouted to catw (and ancient warfare in a whole): ancient-battles.com. The catw section is here. The complete carthaginian preview is there. Enjoy.
    Some explanations about this preview:
    This is not only carthaginian and "african" units, but also the whole african aor (although not including garamantes mercenaries, numidians, cyrene hoplites...), then african mercenaries, Iberian AOR (provincial barracks recruitements), and regular mercenaries, and the same for celt-gauls mediterranean, italic and greeks. Some units marked "#" are variants -skins/models, or both- of the same unit entry. Most of them are styslitic evolutions from 300 bc and the whole faction covers the three punic wars. It's a taste also of future previews, not always highly documented as units and facts are well-known.
    Next : The Romans (including itali socii, mercenaries, and late auxiliae...). An even much bigger faction, for sure.
    Last edited by cocobongoclub-DJ; February 22, 2009 at 12:38 PM.

Agisilaos's Avatar GREECE - ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

great job you have done there! very impressive! i am waiting for the release of it
    Macedones were, are and will always be Greeks
    Under the Noble Patronage of jimkatalanos and proud patron of Agis Tournas and cocobongoclub-DJ
    Terrae Expugnandae, Imperial Might, Mythology, Complete Byzantine Roster, Ruins of glory, Sparta 3, Hegemonia City States, Roma Surrectum 2,300 Warlords of Sparta, Sparta 3.5, Classical Age Total War
    watch this
    , this and this
    Τακτική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις αν υπάρχει κάτι που μπορείς να κάνεις.
    Στρατηγική είναι να ξέρεις τι να κάνεις όταν δεν υπάρχει τίποτα να κάνεις.

Seems very promising.

Thx, always a pleasure.
    Very soon, you'll see on frontpage the catw romans. A more detailled and complete faction from the camilian infantry to the early empire reformed armies, socii and auxiliaries. A preview called "ad triarios redisse"... well chosen while speaking about "rome" total war.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: