Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Scariest travel stories

Paul d's Avatar Praepositus

Default Re: Scariest travel stories

Getting lost in a weird town near San Diego where nobody speaks English was pretty scary...

Juno's Avatar Vicarius

I stabbed a man right through his heart and gave him a transplant before a brand new start.

Slay the mods.

Mod Hit-List: Annaeus, IMB, scottishranger, Exariste, Garnier, Scorch, Pannonian, Trax.

Four down, four to go.

Your days are numbered, gentlemen.

Captain Arrrgh!'s Avatar I'z in yer grass

I was fighting in Thailand and went to a back alley dive to have some chicken after my workout. The drumstick was unusually long and bent oddly. Then a natty ol' dog walked by my table with only three legs...

This just says it all for scary travel stories

From a trip to Berlin about a year ago i went on.
    Identities are hidden to avoid embaressment when i tell the other guy in the picture i put it on a forum.
    lol.
    "All cats die, and Socrates is dead; therefore, Socrates was a cat."
    -I'm British, you have been warned.-David Dickinson owns you all!

Quote Originally Posted by davide.cool View Post
    in italy where? ya some idiots still thinks at Mussolini crap.. the fascist hunt season is officially opened
    I dont know i think it was mussolinis hometown or something but i have no idea.
    These fine gentlemen's have thanks to their consistent idiotic posts have earned their place on my ignore list: mrmouth, The Illusionist, motiv-8, mongrel, azoth, thorn777 and elfdude. If you want to join their honourable rank you just have to post idiotic posts and you will get there in no time.

Calvin's Avatar Countdown: 7 months
    Citizen

After buying what looked like a decent hat in England, I went to visit some friends in New Hampshire. They took me to Boston which I thoroughly enjoyed, except that people (mainly big burly blokes) kept staring at me like they wanted to kill me. A little unnerved, things got worse when they started 'accidently' shoving into me and almost knocking me over. I was getting slightly annoyed and was about to say something when one of my friends glanced at my hat and screamed "YANKEES!!!"

Turns out I had somehow gotten myself involved in a baseball spat by buying a Yankees hat. Now, I knew nothing about baseball, and hadn't even heard of the yankees, but apparently to my friends it was scary. I was more confused than anything I have to say. But yeah, thats as scary as my travelling stories go I think. The rest of the time I've been in Missouri which is about as scary as a blank piece of paper.
    Developer for Roma Surrectum 2 || Follow my move to the USA in Calvin's Corner
    Son of Noble Savage || Proud patron of [user]Winter[/user], [user]Lord of the Knights[/user] and [user]fergusmck[/user]

Farnan's Avatar Saviors of the Japanese
    Right behind you starring over your shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by Calvin View Post
    After buying what looked like a decent hat in England, I went to visit some friends in New Hampshire. They took me to Boston which I thoroughly enjoyed, except that people (mainly big burly blokes) kept staring at me like they wanted to kill me. A little unnerved, things got worse when they started 'accidently' shoving into me and almost knocking me over. I was getting slightly annoyed and was about to say something when one of my friends glanced at my hat and screamed "YANKEES!!!"

Turns out I had somehow gotten myself involved in a baseball spat by buying a Yankees hat. Now, I knew nothing about baseball, and hadn't even heard of the yankees, but apparently to my friends it was scary. I was more confused than anything I have to say. But yeah, thats as scary as my travelling stories go I think. The rest of the time I've been in Missouri which is about as scary as a blank piece of paper.
    There is a huge sports rivalry between the Boston Redsox and New York Yankees. Fans of those teams are fanatical.
    “The nation that will insist upon drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking by cowards.”

—Sir William Francis Butler

Dayman's Avatar Romesick

Quote Originally Posted by Farnan View Post
    There is a huge sports rivalry between the Boston Redsox and New York Yankees. Fans of those teams are fanatical.
    Because I am an Obnoxidelphian, I purposely piss off fans of other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul d View Post
    Getting lost in a weird town near San Diego where nobody speaks English was pretty scary...

..Chinatown?

Quote Originally Posted by _Pontifex_ View Post
    ..Chinatown?
    no everybody spoke spanish, even the road signs were spanish...

It seems you wandered into an illicit immigrant camp. That indeed would be scary.

Could you give me the GPS coordinates of that town?

I don't know them myself. I do know that it a was a quite bit east of the city though.

Dayman's Avatar Romesick

Quote Originally Posted by _Pontifex_ View Post
    It seems you wandered into an illicit immigrant camp. That indeed would be scary.

Could you give me the GPS coordinates of that town?
    I wasn't aware that illegal immigrants paved roads and put up road signs. And a nitpick, they're not "GPS coordinates". Just coordinates. GPS's use the plain ole coordinate system...

Farnan's Avatar Saviors of the Japanese
    Right behind you starring over your shoulder.

That's California...

My one friend from California was suprised that I didn't speak Spanish.
    “The nation that will insist upon drawing a broad line of demarcation between the fighting man and the thinking man is liable to find its fighting done by fools and its thinking by cowards.”

—Sir William Francis Butler

Quote Originally Posted by Boeing View Post
    I wasn't aware that illegal immigrants paved roads and put up road signs.
    Only in America

And a nitpick, they're not "GPS coordinates". Just coordinates. GPS's use the plain ole coordinate system...
    Wouldn't know, I don't have one.

Driving through the Rez and watching a huge brawl, a couple of people got stabbed or shanked.
    Whats the difference between Oliver Cromwell and Jack Daniels?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Jack Daniels is still killing the Irish

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234