Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Quaestor's Club

Default Re: Quaestor's Club

man i cant wait till its my turn

Jingles's Avatar Praefectus

btw, I assume we are using the RomeTW.exe? If so I'll need to switch over from Alx.exe

yeah

Quote Originally Posted by Jingle_Bombs View Post
    btw, I assume we are using the RomeTW.exe? If so I'll need to switch over from Alx.exe
    yes. oh and faridus selected Huge, so this will be interesting for me as i have never played on huge due to my resolution being really high thanks to my widescreen monitor. the FPS should be really interesting.. we'll see..

huge!! damn it my pc will break

Quote Originally Posted by killer jack View Post
    huge!! damn it my pc will break
    I second that thought... Ah well, I might just have to reduce my resolution.

u almost done?

Uh...well this is embarrasing. I cant seem to find my game disc...

Right, It's getting late in my part of the world, so I'll get started now, but I might only be able to upload tommorow, sorry guys.

Faridus's Avatar Centenarius

ok, i'm back from family duties...so is the whole world under Roman domination?

is unit size a big problem? my pc is high end, but sometimes it's kinda slow when there are too many men on the battlefield.

i assume, you can't change the settings in the middle of a game, right? if it's too much, i can restart a new campaign with a lower unit size.

just let me know.

by the way, no rush...we're supposed to have fun...(not too slow either )

This is a summary of the events during my Game-Years:

Since Rome started off at war with Cisalpine Gauls in the north and Italians and Epirotes in the south, my goal was to contain any immediate threats to our possessions. I also started a vast infrastructure program to build a strong economy.

Our Legions are well trained, since the last Punic war we inherited several veteran units. Even though there are still hostilities with Carthage, I do not think the Punae pose a serious threat to us. I'm more worried about Pyrrhus in the south.

My first envoy to Tarentum did not produce any substantial results, Pyrrhus flatly rejected our demands. At the same time, the restless Cisalpine tribes gathered north of Ariminum. I had to send a legion under the command of Amulius Maxentius to try to hold them up until more troups can be sent to him to subdue once and for all those barbarians. Amulius behaved admirably, not only he prevented them from crossing the river, but anihilated their army.

Rome's envoy finally reached a mutual peace agreement with the Tarentines and Pyrrhus, this gave me some time to deal with the northern threat.

Amulius and his legion will march north, bypassing Bononia, and blocking any other tribes from coming south, while a spying party will be shadowing a large group of Gallic tribesmen to the north-west. A legion from Ariminum will conduct a direct attck towrds Bononia before the enemy has time to make any move.

After taking Bononia, some veteran units were sent south to deal with the Italian rebels. Pyrrhus thought he would take advantage of the shaky peace treaty and move onto Cannae, however, the Italian rebel army was in his way and he was greatly delayed. This gave us the opportunity to move on Cannae first in order to annex it into our Res Publica.

In summary, my consulship resulted in a significant economical advancement and the addition of Bononia under our control. Our legion is still besieging Cannae.

When its my turn should i start an invasion of the Greeks?

That would really depend on the sitution you find yourself in when it is your go. As a rule i would normally go for syracuse first, but already it has taken a different route to my normal roman campaigns, im interested to see where you guys go next after the peace treaty with epeiros.

Good report by the way

TBH, we should wait until Italy is secured (that means pyrrhus and all the territories north until the alps)

You made peace with the Epirotes? Well, you see I've sort of...ahem... killed Pyrrhus and kicked his armies off the peninsular... Oh dear...

Quote Originally Posted by Jingle_Bombs View Post
    You made peace with the Epirotes? Well, you see I've sort of...ahem... killed Pyrrhus and kicked his armies off the peninsular... Oh dear...
    heehee! did you take tarentum?

Yeah I did, though I don't have Cannae yet oddly...

I think we might have a problem with the huge unit sizes. I was confident that I could handle it if I reduced some of my settings, but I just had a battle with 2 full stacks in a large town and my fps dropped so low I had to reboot because the buttons weren't working... We may have to restart with lower unit sizes.

even though we haven't gone through a full cycle, i mean each player playing his/her turn, i think we should start over. the reason is because of the huge unit size, i din't think of others' pc's that would not be able to handle it.

as far as gameplay rules, i think we each should play as we see fit, each player will be the leader during his game-years and decide his own strategy. we'll stick with RS houserules though.

"the senate" is playing a more sophisticated game with complex rules, i think we need to have fun and then with time we'll get into character and involve more elaborate role playing.

as far as the number of turns, i think we should bump it to 10 turns per player, that's 5 GY. this will give the current player time to move armies around and do what he thinks is important during his consulship. if you feel like attacking Macedon, then go ahead, if you just want to build...you do that. just make sure the treasury remains in the black.

i'm sure we'll have new ideas along the way to make it fun and enjoyable.

What say you?
    what would be the optimal unit size?

large is fine.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast