Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Post your empire (HOI2)

Aziel's Avatar Primicerius

Default Post your empire (HOI2)

Here is my Japanese empire:

Japan itself:

Europe:

It isn't very big though. I'm thinking about taking over Siam and Tibet, what do you think ?

-Post your empire!
    Sigh...

Default Re: Post your empire (HOI2)

My Japanese Empire

Really should take out Tibet one day. :hmmm:

Impressive!
    Sigh...

Has Germany taken all of the SU by itself in your game Azael? Never get anywhere near in any of mine.

Axeman's Avatar Praepositus

I completely forgot about this youtube video I hosted-
    Its me playing as the Germans in HOI2 , video shows right before I started Operation Barbarossa, enjoy!
    Though not as much a feat as others I have seen, I am still proud of this lol... Well at least the music owns right

☻/ This is Muhammad.
    /▌  Copy and paste him
    / \ so as to commit horrible blasphemy!
    If there were a God, I think it very unlikely that he would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt his existence. --Bertrand Russell

Quote Originally Posted by Paxman View Post
    Has Germany taken all of the SU by itself in your game Azael? Never get anywhere near in any of mine.
    Yes, by itself. Germany is extremly strong in my game.

Here's my progress, I'm invading the USSR, that is now so weak because of Germany:
    Last edited by Aziel; March 21, 2008 at 02:17 PM.
    Sigh...

Indefinitely Banned

How do you take HoI screenshots?

Quote Originally Posted by The Super Pope View Post
    How do you take HoI screenshots?
    F11, In HoI2 anyway.

Indefinitely Banned

Jolly good. I shall provide some at some point

A little more progress:

I am against both USSR and the British Empire, and I'm winning them all, especiely the USSR because it's very weak in the east.
    Sigh...

A New Order is beginning to emerge..

Republican Spain won the civil war, and obviously that did not sit well with the Fuhrer. After the French campaign a follow up operation was conducted to set up a loyal government in Spain. This gave us the opportunity to kick the British off their last stronghold on the continent as well, not to mention completely seal the mediterranean.

During our operations in Spain, Mussolini ordered what historians might note as one of the more daring campaigns of the war. In a surprise move, just 2 weeks after the declaration of war by Italy, the Italian army with the help of the navy seized Suez! Will this be enough to knock Britain out of the war?

A certain someone in Berlin doesn't think so.

It is obvious that the current British government will never accept peace without victory, and even if we were to confine them to a position where defeat is inevitable , they would lose all legitimacy by changing tune from all of their sheffield steel mumbo jumbo.

Preparations must be made for another long war, we are also not ruling out intervention of the United States on the side of England

Hey!! That's wierd (and cool).. How the hell you did the flag of Germany look like Nazi Germany flag, and other flags look a bit diffrent ? And, how you made the pictures colorfull ?
    Sigh...

I didn't do any of that my conquering friend. that is the result of playing the BEST mod for hearts of iron EVER. (trust me i've played alot of them)

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=335681

"The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later."

Anyway, I'll try later. +rep
    Sigh...

it seems like the paradox forums are constantly overloaded.. you'd think they would upgrade them..

EDIT : the mod says it's for armageddon expansion, but don't worry because I'm playing it right now on doomsday version 1.3a and it works just fine (better probably because armageddon is terrible)
    Last edited by mike^_^; March 23, 2008 at 02:04 PM.

Aristomenes's Avatar Civis

Mike, i havent played EWII -the world in flames- but have you played TRP (total realism project)???
    it s aslo great
    if its better i m gonna dld this for sure
    Last edited by Aristomenes; March 24, 2008 at 05:21 PM.

actually TRP is one of the few I haven't messed around with , because its for armageddon, plus from what ive read about some of the features of it, I didnt really like some of the things. for example, for the china theatre, they have a separate nation called "Kwantung Army" now mechanically it might be better that way the AI doesnt get bogged down worrying about moving around militias in china and can strike at the pacific more effectively, but.. meh I just didn't like the sound of that

also the guy who made World in Flames claims that the AI he created is much better than the vanilla++ AI that TRP uses. not to try to diminish TRP or anything (especially as I haven't even played it) but I don't know if i'm able to believe that any mod is as rich with flavour and eye candy (and ear candy) as world in flames is. the AI groups it's units into actual army's and corps, rather than just throwing single divisions at you. it will keep smart amount of reserves, etc.

there are events that give the AI free divisions, but as the creator says - they don't get them if they're not losing. for instance poland once you get to warsaw, will spawn like 10 militas (or inf 1918 i dont recall) , or for example when you invade england, they expand the home guard and get a bunch of free inf1939 and militia. these are reasonable, same with the free transports. the AI simply cannot be taught to properly screen the transports. so you either never get a DDay, or you give the AI free transports and if they have the forces and ability they will try to do it. i like this approach

the only bad thing is there aren't any surrender events but that's ok cause you can visit this thread http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=258794 and get vertigo2004's excellent vichy england series etc. also the SMEP surrender events fit in just fine as well (no conflicting event id's) http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=298226
    Last edited by mike^_^; March 24, 2008 at 08:12 PM.

Sorry, but I can't resist posting an update

The New Order in Europe is fully solidified. With German troops occupying France, Spain, Scotland, England, Ireland, Serbia and Norway, there is no way the Allies are ever going to set foot on the mainland again.

England will be kept under permanent military occupation. Never again will the evil hook-nosed bankers have safe-haven in London

The French have been given back most of their territory in the north, the rest will be kept for military bases, to ensure their "loyalty"

As punishment for starting the war, Morocco has been forced over to spain, as well as some of their central african territory, Italy has been given control over Tunisia

Serbia too shall stay under military occupation forever for their crimes against Germany.

Churchill and the Monarchy fight on. No doubt we can count on the Americans to get involved soon. It won't be long before the deep government forces of the Crown trick the Americans into open warfare

Goring was sacked long ago for his criminal negligence in the handling of the luftwaffe in the western campaign. He actually forgot to turn on the pop-up notifying me of an ongoing air battle! Can you believe such arrogant disregard? Neither could I. It nearly ended the Luftwaffe as a fighting force before it was even able to show it's true power! He has been hanged.

The invasion of England came at great cost to the Luftwaffe and Kriegsmarine. While the Luftwaffe is back up to strength, the Kriegsmarine practically doesn't even exist anymore
    Last edited by mike^_^; March 25, 2008 at 05:00 AM.

Aristomenes's Avatar Civis

The features of world in flames sound very interesting as you described them!
    But actually you should give trp a try..its one of the most historical correct mods out there-if its not the best-
    the small historical flaws-kwantung army- exist only due to all reasons..
    no more fighting for stalingrand for 2-3 days.. battle last for long when evenly matched..and if not using tactical moves such as combination of forces,encirclement,multopliue attacks etc

only in this way you have a chance of winning russia , if you have succeded before capturing france through belgium..IF you dont plan wisely all of your fights will lead to stalemate..

its the only mod (from all the mods i ve played) that....well...you actually have a pacific war..whith ab aggresive japanish all..

Give it a try.. ( if you have o GOOD pc)

PS;; from the pictures above your ic seems way too low ..

Quote Originally Posted by Aristomenes View Post
    The features of world in flames sound very interesting as you described them!
    But actually you should give trp a try..its one of the most historical correct mods out there-if its not the best-
    the small historical flaws-kwantung army- exist only due to all reasons..
    no more fighting for stalingrand for 2-3 days.. battle last for long when evenly matched..and if not using tactical moves such as combination of forces,encirclement,multopliue attacks etc

only in this way you have a chance of winning russia , if you have succeded before capturing france through belgium..IF you dont plan wisely all of your fights will lead to stalemate..

its the only mod (from all the mods i ve played) that....well...you actually have a pacific war..whith ab aggresive japanish all..

Give it a try.. ( if you have o GOOD pc)
    yes that's the way I'd describe the AI and combat system in world in flames too!

Quote Originally Posted by Aristomenes
    PS;; from the pictures above your ic seems way too low ..
    really? I actually have the most military industry in the world 498/339 , Russia has 264 base IC with 290 effective IC, America has 366 base IC , but as they are not a military dictatorship operating on a war footing, they are a ways behind me :p

although World in Flames does have the industrial strength of the world lowered a tiny bit, however I've been doing a crash industrial expansion program since the start of the game
    Last edited by mike^_^; March 25, 2008 at 06:07 AM.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast