Thread: CTD after 50 turns WITH Revolt CTD in

Default CTD after 50 turns WITH Revolt CTD in

This is driving me crazy. In campaigns with Carthage and Parthia, it crashes without fail around 250 BC. I press End Turn, and it just poof dies.

I changed some unit stats; Seleucid and Macedonian units all take at least 3 turns to build, while Princeps and Triarii take 2 turns to build. I don't think that has anything to do with it though.

What is the issue here? I can't think of anything! It just blacks out and CTDs around 250 BC!

I downloaded and applied the revolt CTD fix by Florin80, btw.

I tried deleting the map.rwm to no avail.

Default Re: CTD after 50 turns WITH Revolt CTD in

What language version is your game? English?

Yeah, my game is English. I started a new campaign(my third) and just defeated Macedon in a field battle, capturing corinth (and the statue of Zeus). The game promptly crashes again.

Could it be because I'm using the BI.exe? I don't remember the RTW.exe crashing as frequently as BI seems to be doing...

When exactly is it ctd? Do you get any error message(do you have the -show_err command activated)? Is there anything going on exactly when it ctd? You don`t happen to be in the occupy/enslave/exterminate situation do you?

I don't get any error messages. Just around 246 BC-251 BC, I will press end turn, and it will just CTD. I don't even see the icons to see which faction's turn it crashes on.

Sorry to bump a somewhat old thread, but I'm having the same problem. It is the summer of 251 BC, and when I press end turn it instantly crashes to the desktop (with a generic error message from Vista). I am playing as Carthage. There IS a city revolting (I just took the city north of Rome, destroyed everything, and abandoned it) but after changing the game so the government building gave +100% law (so the city wouldn't revolt) I'm still having the same problem. I also installed the Revolt CTD patch but nothing changed. Does anybody know of a fix for this? Any help would be greatly appreciated

im currently experiencing the same. when i press the new turn and see the AI movement it CTD in 254bc. it happens when a gallic ship is moving to blockade a macedonian prot. ive downloaded the revolt CTD hot fix and it all works cos i have a unit costing 33000 denari approx.

leemyster, sounds like we are screwed. I really liked Rome Total Realism from what I've played but there is no way I'm going to give it another shot when game ending glitches exist.

Yeah I've been having a lot of ctds as well, first with a campaign with bactria it began crashing so I loaded the autosave and kept playing but then they became more frecuent. So I started a new campaign with rome but after some hours of playing I came across a permanent ctd after a battle in Sicily, no matter how many times I fight the battle the game crashes when they ask me what to do with the city. Anybody can help me? I'm liking this mod but I just can't play it right.

Mr Gaius's Avatar Laetus

I'll chime in, by saying i've got a similar problem to the above posters

I press end turn, its about 228 BC, and it crashes to desktop in amongst the AI when a Carthaginian army moves to one of the North African cities. I'm Roman btw. I installed the Revolt fix, but to no avail

Could it be a Carthaginian problem, or just AI movement in general???

help plox?

Hm... think it would make a difference if I just installed Rome Total Realism non-platinum non-mod switching version? Would the saved games be compatible?

No. And RTR non-Platiunum is RTR 6 Gold which is for RTW v1.2, not v1.5.

Quote Originally Posted by florin80 View Post
    When exactly is it ctd? Do you get any error message(do you have the -show_err command activated)? Is there anything going on exactly when it ctd? You don`t happen to be in the occupy/enslave/exterminate situation do you?
    When you have -show_err, an error dialog is supposed to pop up if you CTD? Or am I misunderstanding it?

Quote Originally Posted by carthagetotalwar View Post
    I don't get any error messages. Just around 246 BC-251 BC, I will press end turn, and it will just CTD. I don't even see the icons to see which faction's turn it crashes on.
    I included a fix for ExRM by someone, and I'm seeing CTDs similar to this. Sometimes it is part way through the AI's turn and sometimes it it immediately upon hitting 'end turn.'

There is no error message, just straight to the desktop. How would I got about trying to track down what the problem is?

Brusilov's Avatar Local Moderator
    Citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Jamey View Post
    When you have -show_err, an error dialog is supposed to pop up if you CTD? Or am I misunderstanding it?

I included a fix for ExRM by someone, and I'm seeing CTDs similar to this. Sometimes it is part way through the AI's turn and sometimes it it immediately upon hitting 'end turn.'

There is no error message, just straight to the desktop. How would I got about trying to track down what the problem is?
    The -show_err will only provide details of errors that are trapped within the program.

A message will be shown when the program closes down.

Typically, these are file missing messages. Such errors are usually caused by a bad install or by some modifications to the files by the player (which will only error on certain conditions).

There are known problems with the RTW engine. RTR PE has a fix for the 'revolt CTD' (this is where a settlement revolts and as there is no barracks building (probably destroyed by the player as the AI does not destroy buildings) the settlement cannot generate any troops - a CTD results.

There is also a 'reinforcement CTD' and various problems caused by the senate being removed from the game (when the civil war is supposed to start).

If you want to see where the CTD happens do the following;

1) Edit preferences.txt
    Change LABEL_CHARACTERS:FALSE to LABEL_CHARACTERS:TRUE
    Change CAMPAIGN_MAP_CAMERA:SKIP_AI_FACTIONS to CAMPAIGN_MAP_CAMERA:FOLLOW_AI_FACTIONS
    2) Start FRAPS
    3) Start game
    4) Load saved game
    5) Toggle FOW off
    6) Start recording movies with FRAPS
    7) Pay close attention to the action to determine what really happens in the game

Once you've found what's happened try and use one of the cheats to move characters, kill characters etc for the AI factions or do something different to your own faction.

I've read elsewhere (Roma Surrectum) that they recommend to stop autosaves as this is known to cause corrupted save games. So, manually save and save to different files.

Local Forum Moderator (Total War: Eras Technical Help, Shogun 2: Total War, RSII, RTR, World Of Tanks) - please no PMs

War Thunder TWC Player Names: here

Mr Gaius's Avatar Laetus

This is getting really frustrating. I've been going through some of the methods suggested by you guys, and I thought I'd determined which of the Carthaginian characters was causing the CTD, but now the kill_char cheat won't work .. and then when I ran through the ai turn again. it seemed to be caused by another character completely

Arrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!

Anyone know of a way by not using cheats to just remove Carthage??? i tried the remove faction cheat but i just get the 'err:command not recognised message'

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

These CTD (near Carthage) has been happening quite randomly depending on campaigns since RTR 6 Gold (until Platinum and all mods base on this versions).

There are few ideas about what cause the CTD as far as I can think.

1. Something with the map around the area.

2. So incompatible Carthaginian names between all 3 name files.

3. Something about traits. Carthage character trying to acquire a non-existing or broken traits.

It surely is not because of the revolt. Usually I play a couple of turn before the crash (hope you have few save games marker) and try to change the direction of the campaign.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Im also gonna chirp in with a problem here. im at about 210BC. i had issues at 214BC with constant CTDs soo i checked the forum, and got the Revolt CTD hotfix mod. it worked fine, but then where i am now, after only a few more turns, it keeps crashing.

I'm playing romans, and i have a bunch of cities that are about to rebel.

Lord Dakier's Avatar Protector Domesticus

It cant be just near Carthage because I have them alot and Im Armenia.
    We Came, We Saw, We Ran Away!