Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Release info...sort of...

Lord Condormanius's Avatar Artifex

Default Release info...sort of...

Ok, folks...here's the scoop...

I'm sure that by now many of you have given up hope that this mod will ever be released. To be honest, there have been many times when I have felt the same. I want to say two things here:

1. I am planning a beta release for some time next week. It will more than likely be closer to the end.

2. This release may no be what you expected. There will be some additional features as well as some features removed from the original concept. there are many reasons for this, but I will save all of that until after the release for those of you who wish to discuss.

Cheers,
    Sean
    "There is a difference between what is wrong and what is evil. Evil is committed when clarity is taken away from what is clearly wrong, allowing wrong to be seen as less wrong, excusable, right, or an obligatory commandment of the Lord God Almighty.

Evil is bad sold as good, wrong sold as right, injustice sold as justice. Like the coat of a virus, a thin veil of right can disguise enormous wrong and confer an ability to infect others."
    -John G. Hartung

The King Of Peasants's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Release info...sort of...

Great I wasn't really sure this was still kicking! So is this beta going to be for kingdoms or vanilla?

Quote Originally Posted by The King Of Peasants View Post
    So is this beta going to be for kingdoms or vanilla?
    yeah, that's the other thing. This mod will work from a kingdoms.exe because it uses a bunch of things from the kingdoms expansion. I hope that doesn't inconvenience too many people, but there are some things that I really wanted in the game that couldn't be done without Kingdoms...controlling reinforcements for one.
    "There is a difference between what is wrong and what is evil. Evil is committed when clarity is taken away from what is clearly wrong, allowing wrong to be seen as less wrong, excusable, right, or an obligatory commandment of the Lord God Almighty.

Evil is bad sold as good, wrong sold as right, injustice sold as justice. Like the coat of a virus, a thin veil of right can disguise enormous wrong and confer an ability to infect others."
    -John G. Hartung

Holy cows!
    Finally you are getting this thing done

I haven't seen you in msn lately? Why?

Swagger's Avatar Imperial Coffee-Runner

very nice...

i'll be able to test it..if you want
    Under the Patronage of the Dreadful cedric37!
    Ancs Guide, Emergent Factions , Yes/No Events |L'Outremer for Modders| Swagger's Skymod

Quote Originally Posted by HereticFang View Post
    Holy cows!

Finally you are getting this thing done
    Well... "done" in the loosest sense of the word. This release will not have everything that was originally planned, but it should be good.

I haven't seen you in msn lately? Why?
    I am usually there. The reason you can't seen me is because I am hiding from Swagger.

Quote Originally Posted by Swagger View Post
    very nice...
    Oh...gee...hello, Swagger...I didn't see you standing there.

i'll be able to test it..if you want
    I'll let you know. I might just release a beta to everyone. There really shouldn't be very much to test.

-John G. Hartung

I'll let you know. I might just release a beta to everyone. There really shouldn't be very much to test.

Ancs Guide, Emergent Factions , Yes/No Events |L'Outremer for Modders| Swagger's Skymod

Just a little update...

I am shooting for this coming Sunday to release the first version of this mod. Again, it is going to be remarkably different in many ways from the original concept, including at least some portion of what has been discussed in the forum.

For instance, this mod will include 6 new factions for the first release (Ireland, Burgundy, Aquitaine, Aragon, Armenia and Cumans) rather than 9 or whatever it was. Also the map will not be exactly the same. The old map I was using was simply not conducive to what I wanted to accomplish with the mod.

-John G. Hartung

As many of you have probably guessed, the release has been pushed back again. I hit a couple of snags in the past few days. That said, it should not be more than another week. If I had to guess, I would say it will be less.

-John G. Hartung

Balmung's Avatar Civis

Who are the Aquitaine?

Creator of
    The first mod to add Wales to the Grand Campaign
    Gaelic Kingdoms (Adds Wales and Ireland to Vanilla GC)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=148936
    and
    Ireland Grand Campaign v.1.1 (BigMap)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=147452

sinople's Avatar These Romans are crazy!

Who are the Aquitaine?
    Aquitaine, is the french (and correct) name for what the English people calls Guyenne. This Duchy, was a important point of the beginning of the Hundred Years War.
    If you speek french here is the wiki article : http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aquitaine

And one in english : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aquitaine

I think that units of Aquitaine are both english units and Spanish units (and perhaps a bit a strong french cavalry). But just LC can confirm

@LC : I have a question : why Aragon, Aquitaine, Burgundy, France and Milan ? It will be a very dangerous place , is it a gameplay choice or something else ?

Balmung's Avatar Civis

A strange choice. Serbia or Wales, would feel better.Especially since you have Aragorn and Burgundy. However you cant please everyone.

Creator of
    The first mod to add Wales to the Grand Campaign
    Gaelic Kingdoms (Adds Wales and Ireland to Vanilla GC)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=148936
    and
    Ireland Grand Campaign v.1.1 (BigMap)
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=147452

Quote Originally Posted by sinople View Post

I think that units of Aquitaine are both english units and Spanish units (and perhaps a bit a strong french cavalry). But just LC can confirm
    That is, more or less, correct.

@LC : I have a question : why Aragon, Aquitaine, Burgundy, France and Milan ? It will be a very dangerous place , is it a gameplay choice or something else ?
    This is mostly for gameplay reasons. It will keep the Spanish factions from pushing too far into France. It will also keep Milan from moving as far as the English Channel. Burgundy will be somewhat formidable, but they have their weaknesses, such as limited amount of room for expansion. Aquitaine will not be tremendously powerful after the early game.

Quote Originally Posted by Balmung View Post
    A strange choice. Serbia or Wales, would feel better.Especially since you have Aragorn and Burgundy. However you cant please everyone.
    Wales makes Britain way too crowded. Their units, or a version of them, will be used as rebels in the area.

Serbia is actually in the works and will be included in a later version.

-John G. Hartung

thanks once again for your continued work, Lord Condormanius.

i was wondering if you could PM me with all planned factions for the final release, or post them here.

if you havnt made the final cut, thats cool, but id like to know all the factions that will be in later releases after this first one if thats cool.

btw, i dont know if i ever mentioned but i love the map, and thanks for including the americas, i like them there.

oh and will the mod be 2 turns per year? if it wont will there be a way to make it that way?

Quote Originally Posted by jman47 View Post
    thanks once again for your continued work, Lord Condormanius.
    I do it all for you.

i was wondering if you could PM me with all planned factions for the final release, or post them here.

if you havnt made the final cut, thats cool, but id like to know all the factions that will be in later releases after this first one if thats cool.
    After the first release is out, I will post something that details my plans for future releases.

btw, i dont know if i ever mentioned but i love the map, and thanks for including the americas, i like them there.
    Then I hope that you will not be too disappointed when I tell you that we had to use a different map (for various reasons). Hopefully, a future version of the map will be more akin to the original planned map.

Don't worry, the Americas will be in this release.

oh and will the mod be 2 turns per year? if it wont will there be a way to make it that way?
    Yes. The mod will be 2 turns per year, so it will be a long campaign. This required a lot of hair pulling on my part, but I think I got the balance right...or close. Also, a few early units have been added so that not all of the early fighting is done with spears.

-John G. Hartung

all right looking foward to it

Quote Originally Posted by jman47 View Post
    all right looking foward to it
    Well, with any luck, you should have it on Sunday.

-John G. Hartung

Senator
    In the icey lands of Norway... which aren't actually icey... more like rainy.

Will you still be supporting it with patches after its release?

Quote Originally Posted by hekk View Post
    Will you still be supporting it with patches after its release?
    If that is necessary, I suppose. As I said, this is a beta release...but pretty close. So there will be at least one more release after this one. After that, patches will be released only if necessary.

Simply put, this is the version of M2TW that I will personally play. If I find that something needs fixing, it will be patched. I will also open a community bug list thread, where people can post problems that they run into.

-John G. Hartung

still no download link ?....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast