View Poll Results: Is this written material the best?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

3 23.08%
  • Abstain

10 76.92%

Thread: Untitled [ By Axeman]

Default Untitled [ By Axeman]

Author: [user]Axeman[/user]

UntitledThe grey fog was wrapped over the city like a blanket, and that blanket was smuthering the life out of
    this once glorious city, the decaying ruins of the city was the only testement to the sucess of mankind they
    had seen apart from the weapons of war in at least a month. Aleksander, my comrade and spotter was
    deeply shaken by this, after all, Stalingrad was his home town. Nikolia put down his quill and put
    away his journal, if he was going to kick down the door of the Reichstag, he wanted his grandchildren
    to remember he was a hero of the Soviet Union, or that was what he signed up for when he joined the
    Red Army the day after Operation Barbarossa was launched.
    Here is the situation comrades, Yastov said in his usual collected voice as he used the but
    of his Mosin Nagant to draw a line in the sand. "The German 6th Army is advancing right down the center,
    but there is good news. Our northern divisions inflicted a great deal of casualties on them, Hitler's brutalized
    hordes are advancing towards Stalingrad over mountains of thier own dead bodies! A cheer was let up
    from the recruits, but the veterns who had been here since the commencement of Barbarossa knew it
    didn't matter how many we gunned down, it would always......Incoming! yelled some unknown private,
    overhead was an HS-126. "Its just a scouting plane you fools!", Yastov yelled in his usual roar. "That
    right there is why the nazi's call us bears!, the private retored. Yastov was not amused, and would have
    probably killed the man if we werent in such dire straights.
    Thats I heard them, the whistling, it sounded like little firecrakers he used to light off on May-Day, but he knew that explosion that was comming would not be as festive. The squad immediately scattered like ants in the buildings as the artillery started to come down, not that it did much good though, it was like hiding behind a house of cards. As the shells
    continued to fall in such quantity it rivaled rain the squad made a desperate bid to make it to the river, and by
    some miracle they made it only loosing 9 men. Yastov wasn't much of an officer, and a horrible tactican, but
    I will give him this, he is very charismatic. "Forward against the enemies! Up into the unrelenting battle comrades!
    For Stalingrad! For our great country! Not one step back!" At that moment the men all charged forward towards
    some ruins near of what used to be a park, the men's screams echoed throuough the square, and it
    seemed to be alive, as if every german in Stalingrad saw us, heard us, and started shooting at us.
    All that raced through my mind was "you fools, you idiots!" as I ran back towards the slope,
    hoping to escape those that persued me, I was running in such a speed I must have made those planes jealous.My
    ears where boiling hot, and my heart was pounding like a hammer, and when I finally made it to the slope my face looked
    as red as the flag on my right arm. I turned around to see what had happened of my squad, they where nowhere to be found.
    Dead, thier ashes among the ashes of this torched city. This war has made it look as though hell itself is burning.
    Later I was rewarded with a bronze sickle, but I am no hero. The heroes are the ones that have fallen, the heroes
    Наиболее полное истребитель в мире

Miles

Default Re: Untitled [ By Axeman]

This gives me chills, thinking of other stories like this on the Russian front, particularly in WWI when there was no ammunition and no hope, and the soldiers consented to charge in great masses against the new German machine guns so the people back home could feel patriotic and maybe save the monarchy. Ashes among ashes, indeed.

Axeman's Avatar Praepositus

I am glad you liked it

I also apologize for the poor margining towards the end, when I copied this into the PM it got messed up.

☻/ This is Muhammad.
    /▌  Copy and paste him
    / \ so as to commit horrible blasphemy!
    If there were a God, I think it very unlikely that he would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt his existence. --Bertrand Russell

Faenaris's Avatar Son of Dorn

Chilling piece, indeed. One can only imagine the horror of Stalingrad. Even hearing accounts of soldiers isn't the same as actually being there.

Your piece is captivating, but there some spelling-errors and missing punctuation. Still, nice piece.
    Son of Acutulus, member of The House of the Wolf / Signature by King Mong