Thread: CTD after uninstall.

Default CTD after uninstall.

I installed RTRPE, it worked fine and I played it for a while. Then I decided I needed to get a feel for the normal game and uninstalled RTRPE and the whole game. Now, using the normal game, when I try to start a campaign, I get a CTD for some reason. The only thing that I can think would have caused this was when I uninstalled RTR. Any help would be appreciated.

Default Re: CTD after uninstall.

What exactly did that "uninstall" consisted of? Have you also deleted the game folder after uninstalling?

I suggest downloading the modswitch version of RTRPE. Then you can play both at once, well, that is after you fix this little predicament that you're in right now.

Oh, I didn't know what the mod switch version meant. Thanks. Also, does RTRPE install to any folder other than the main RTW folder?

It installs by default in "C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War" iirc. If you don`t have the game there you need to redirect the installer to the correct location.

I did, and I figured out the problem. I have Vista and for some reason after I reinstalled the game, it wont work unless I have it in compatibility mode and run as an administrator.