Thread: Major problem with RTR Platinum v1.6

Default Major problem with RTR Platinum v1.6

Hi everyone,

I havent played Rome total war a year. So I opened the drawer beneath my desktop and I saw a Rome total war disk. I was quite bored so I searched the internet for some cool modifications. So I got up with RTR platinum. Suddenly after installing several patches and mods i recognized RTR platinum wouldnt work and had some strict rules for installing.

HOW DID I INSTALLED THE MOD?

So after my previous failed situations I got up with a walktrough on installing the MOD just by googling. I even believe it was a sticky on this forum, but I might be wrong ofcourse.

So what I did was, reinstalled Rome total war, It automatically saved to harddisk D:program files/activions/rome total war/ since I got 2 OS's running. Vista on C:/ and XP on D:/. So I also had to change the directories when I installed Patch 1.1 - 1.2 - 1.3 - 1.5. Because my original Totalwar version is still 1.0.

Once Version 1.5 was installed I began installing the platinum RTR version 1.6. Once finished I launched the game. It all went smoothly and I tried to start a new campaign with a huge smile of happyness. But It seemed that it was much more difficult then it thought it was. Upon starting the campaign (In this case for the romans) my game crashes to the desktop with the common Windows report. Send/don't send!

So I Started googling again. And Came up with some solutions on the web. Deleting the map.rwm should do the trick (They say) So I deleted it. I started the game again. But again the game crashes with a Windows report.

So I got back to the campaign map, but as they said there was a imperial campaign map. (Which I found) But there was also a Sons of mars map (Whatever that map is used for) This map also contained a map.rwm file. Ofcourse I tried to delete this file and after that I started the game again. But there was no progress.

Also I found fixes on the web which aint possible in my situation. For example, They also said that I should run "campaign_map_reset.bat" with Windows explorer to delete all map.rwm files (Which makes no sense since manually deleting these files would also do the trick "I guess)

FURTHER SOME USEFULL INFORMATION BELOW

Windows XP is just previously installed before installing RTW and RTR. So dont expect any junk files in my pc. On the other hand im "In general" quite good using a computer. So even if XP would have been installed for years, its mostly very clean without junkfiles or virusses.

Videocard drivers are up to date (Not that it make sense in this case but I just thought I should have mentioned it)

It would be great if you guys coud help me with this. And im afraid not since I havent heard any other guys experiencing (Exactly) the same problem as I do.

Thanks in advance,

Goodbye

EDIT: I forgot some screenshot from the main RTW directory and the MAP/Campaign/ directory.

THE MAIN DIRECTORY

THE CAMPAIGN/MAP/ DIRECTORY

As you people can see, no "campaign_map_reset.bat" file. Hope these screenshot has helped. I also believed I downloaded some Beta version of RTR. So if this might not work out in the end. Coud someone give me a up to date version of RTR platinum and the RTW version it should work on.
    Last edited by Pownager704; March 16, 2008 at 05:42 PM.

Default Re: Major problem with RTR Platinum v1.6

RTRPE v1.6 is an older version. The current one is v1.9. You can find it pinned in the main RTR Platinum sub-forum together with a detailed guide on how to install the game. You don`t need to google for those, just click twice and go there.
    I don`t remember which version introduced the batch file. I thought it was already there in v1.6, but maybe it came with the v1.7 patch... You need to delete the map.rwm files from:
    * RTW\data\world\maps\base
    * RTW\data\world\maps\campaign\base
    * RTW\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign
    Also, if you have vista take a look at this thread. Not sure if it`s relevant to your problem, but still:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=106639

Dear florin80,

I assume you havent fully readed my topic. ButI have mentioned my OS's. In fact I have XP both Vista and im going to run on XP since that would be much more comfortable.

Im gonna read that article about v1.9 then. Thanks for your reply.

I might have missed parts of it. I usually find it annoying to scroll in two directions to read a post(the effect of huge pictures displayed at full size in a post). Good luck with the guide!

Ah, I've readed the sticky on how to install the mod. And it works,

But uhm, now I got this topic online Id like to ask you another question. The mod is great in any aspect. Only one thing troubles me, I cant make Archers and catapults. And where are the legions with the square shield. And where are the units with the formation (Dont know how its called) with shield on there heads (Block path I think its called)

I would reeally like to get these things back.