Thread: Welsh longbows

Ciro's Avatar Laetus

Default Welsh longbows

Allright - I've been playing MTW a bit but there is one thing I don't understand.

I've captured Wales and want to train the longbows there but even after I built Bowyers guild I can't train them. I don't understand why.

It might help that I'm in the year 1170 and started and early era campaign.

Nellup's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Welsh longbows

AFAIK, you can't train them at all in the early era campaign. I asked this over at the Org once, at least I think so, or it may have been the official forums.
    "A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a fool because he has to say something" - Plato

Ciro's Avatar Laetus

Thanks

Does this mean that I will be able to train them when I reach the year in which the high era starts (1208 or so) or won't I be able to train them in this campaign at all?

Nellup's Avatar Campidoctor

I honestly can't remember if they become available later, someone else will have to answer that one.
    "A wise man speaks because he has something to say; a fool because he has to say something" - Plato

Quote Originally Posted by Ciro View Post
    Thanks

Does this mean that I will be able to train them when I reach the year in which the high era starts (1208 or so) or won't I be able to train them in this campaign at all?

They'll become available to you in 1205 (when the High era begins). You just make sure you have the necessary buildings in place when that time comes.
    "Evil is easy, and has infinite forms." - Pascal

Ciro's Avatar Laetus

Great - thanks