Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Models for Northern European Captains

Lord Condormanius's Avatar Artifex

Default New Models for Northern European Captains

Here is an alternative to the European full plate armored captains on the battle map. This replaces the models for the European factions and rebels.

Version 0.90 can now be downloaded here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downl...o=file&id=1877

For accompanying strat map models go here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=165957

screenshots:

England

France

HRE

Spain

Venice

Scotland

Sicily

Milan

Byzantines

Russia

Poland

Portugal

Papal States

Denmark

Hungary

Most of the textures used are modified versions of textures from Burrek's Knights and Knaves.
    Last edited by Lord Condormanius; May 19, 2008 at 02:59 PM.
    "There is a difference between what is wrong and what is evil. Evil is committed when clarity is taken away from what is clearly wrong, allowing wrong to be seen as less wrong, excusable, right, or an obligatory commandment of the Lord God Almighty.

Evil is bad sold as good, wrong sold as right, injustice sold as justice. Like the coat of a virus, a thin veil of right can disguise enormous wrong and confer an ability to infect others."
    -John G. Hartung

The Border Reiver's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: New Models for Northern European Captains

Very very nice effort LC. I look forward to seeing the full compliment.

Campidoctor

I really hate the full plate captains so this is a big improvement.

Updated first post.
    "There is a difference between what is wrong and what is evil. Evil is committed when clarity is taken away from what is clearly wrong, allowing wrong to be seen as less wrong, excusable, right, or an obligatory commandment of the Lord God Almighty.

Evil is bad sold as good, wrong sold as right, injustice sold as justice. Like the coat of a virus, a thin veil of right can disguise enormous wrong and confer an ability to infect others."
    -John G. Hartung

Very nice!

The Border Reiver's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Quote Originally Posted by Icefrisco View Post
    Very nice!
    I agree with Icefrisco....very very good.

When I finally get around to playing MTW2 again, I'll be adding these for sure if it's okay!

Quote Originally Posted by The Border Reiver View Post
    I agree with Icefrisco....very very good.

When I finally get around to playing MTW2 again, I'll be adding these for sure if it's okay!
    Well, I eventually want to change at least the Russian one...maybe a few others. I did these pretty much all in a few hours.

I'm wondering though if anyone wants them. The problem is that there is a small change made to the modelsdb, which makes them not so straightforward to install for anyone who doesn't know that file a little bit. I could make the change in the file myself, but that would make the mod incompatible with anything but a clean vanilla or retrofit install...basically anything that has not altered the battle models file.

If there is enough interest, perhaps I will try (not quite sure how) to make installing a bit easier. Otherwise, I'll just upload the model and the textures with some quick instructions.

Also I'm not 100% happy with a couple of the skins (Russia in particular) and I'd like to end up redoing them, but I don't know when.

ALSO

On a side note, if there is anyone who is interested in helping me skin some kings, let me know. I am working on a project, in the same vein as this one, but with a larger scope (I'll tell you when you PM me).

-John G. Hartung

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Can you model a general for byzantines based to my profile image?
    Add holly images around helmet's basis!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Can you model a general for byzantines based to my profile image?
    Add holly images around helmet's basis!
    probably...I'm not sure about the helmet...and the shield will mess up the animation...

Anyway, it's possible. Whether or not I will be doing it is another question.

These models are captains, btw, not generals. Although, I'm sure they can be used for either one.

-John G. Hartung

updated first post with release.

-John G. Hartung

Default Re: New Captain model and skins for Vanilla factions

Very nice! I hope mods like SS and DLV will add this! I hate that full plate captain model, it just doesn't fit in.

Great work .

EDIT: Oh, almost forgot...have some rep .

Very nicely done. How about matching strat map models? :-)

I was thinking about doing those...

-John G. Hartung

Those look awesome, but why is the Denmark one dark while the color of their unit is normally red and white ?

Quote Originally Posted by iniudan View Post
    Those look awesome, but why is the Denmark one dark while the color of their unit is normally red and white ?
    A couple of reasons, actually...

1. My Denmark's colors are not red and white anymore. They are yellow and blue.
    2. The whole issue of colored uniforms is somewhat irrelevant to me. I never liked the old setup of armies looking like football teams, aside from the fact that they are historically incorrect (not that these textures are 100 percent accurate). Although, I do agree that color sometimes helps keeping track of things in the game. This one just happens to work with the colors of my game.
    3. Denmark is among the textures that will likely be redone eventually, along with Russia and the Byzantines.

With that, could a moderator please merger this thread with the release thread, found here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=152469 ?

-John G. Hartung

ummmm..........didn't you just use a crossbowmen at full upgrades model to replace the captain model? Or is it another model of a unit that you used?

Quote Originally Posted by King Baldwin View Post
    ummmm..........didn't you just use a crossbowmen at full upgrades model to replace the captain model? Or is it another model of a unit that you used?
    Ummmm..........no, I mixed different parts from different places...mostly from the mailed Knight model.

Does it matter? If so, why?*

*I already know the answer to both questions.

-John G. Hartung

good job! the full plaet gneric gnerals made them seem much more important than they were and toning down that full plate to a light mail/heavy mail armour realy does fit their rank. And BTW could you make a gothic kngiht retexture of the HRE generals usong the gothic knight torso/arms/head and the standard general robe? if you do it will look realy cool and maybe add a plume to the helmet!

pretty good, actually looks like a captain straight from the rank.
    What does it look like to heaver armor troop?
    Seem fit for early age.

+rep

Quote Originally Posted by aion2006 View Post
    What does it look like to heaver armor troop?
    I don't understand the question.

-John G. Hartung

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast