Thread: More accurate starting positions?

Default More accurate starting positions?

Last edited by Edward the Bear; March 15, 2008 at 11:57 AM.

Default Re: More accurate starting positions?

I'm an historian myself, but if the starting map were exactly the same than the history, it would be totaly desequilibrate. HRE and England would be super-power, and France nearly nothing. The game can't reproduice the feudal system, so the balance of power is different as in history.

Agreed, M2TW cannot replicate feudal system, maybe adding more "rebels" for spacing? Other way is to lower initial number of troops for England/HRE/Genoa/Venice. Increase number of troops for France (lower quality though) and Sicily.

Depends what provinces will be added/removed of course.

Thanks Edward, but as Blackader has already explained I am more interested in the campaign being well balanced. As it is now each faction in my mod is quite challenging at the start. I dont want to ruin this by trying to make the mod more historically accurate. For instance as it is with the English campaign for the moment once you've defeated Scotland and take Ireland it gets pretty easy. I dare not make HRE control even more land at the start either. Besides as I have already made clear I consider all work on this mod done! All that remains is a few small fixes and I am not going to reconsider the starting positions without a very good reason. Feel free to change this mod to your own tastes though, best of luck!

Dave
    Last edited by Dave Scarface; March 16, 2008 at 12:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dave scarface View Post
    Thanks Edward, but as Blackader has already explained I am more interested in the campaign being well balanced. As it is now each faction in my mod is quite challenging at the start. I dont want to ruin this by trying to make the mod more historically accurate. For instance as it is with the English campaign for the moment once you've defeated Scotland and take Ireland it gets pretty easy. I dare not make HRE control even more land at the start either. Besides as I have already made clear I consider all work on this mod done! All that remains is a few small fixes and I am not going to reconsider the starting positions without a very good reason. Feel free to change this mod to your own tastes though, best of luck!

Dave
    I understand. I am modding it a little, by changing some areas of French control to rebel. Likewise, some of HRE and England.

Thanks for an excellent mod that is easy to tinker with.

Personally I hated the idea of having settlements start off rebel in western europe starting year 1180 AD. I find this worse than any historical inaccuracy. Remember that this is 100 years later from the vanilla start date of 1080. And this is partly why I made settlements start off with more advanced buildings as well. But feel free to change what you like and just ask if you need any help.

Dave

vietanh797's Avatar Domesticus

I agree
    rebel is not smart it make game become so bore
    I like a map without rebel
    Empire II and Medieval III pls

I tried it both ways, reducing the number of areas controlled by each state to a measly two and also removing all the rebels and giving their lands out to the various kingdoms. Of the two, it seems that reducing each faction to 2 (1 castle and 1 city) gives more variance to the play. I have given each rebel town a named character to lead it and even better, gave them family trees, which seem to be growing.

The game without rebels leads to lots of conflicts almost immediately, also fun. Dave, you make a great mod. Kudos to you.

-Traiano-'s Avatar Miles

well i have changed too some things but not the faction's position, just i worked most on units giving more power to muslims and holyland's factions.
    Then i translate many things to italian that is my own language (i think you see this looking at my posts) and i changed the titles and some bonuses that they gave, i worked also on traits.
    My campaign is getting to 40th turn and things are well balanced, i'm doing a brutal war against egypt that i renamed "Ayyubbid sultanate" and i'm winning but it has been very hard to manage (i play on VH/VH) in the known world the greatest powers are Kingdom of France, HRE that are fighting each other, Russia, Bizantium and Turkish empire, and me ofcourse, also i have to end my war and repair the damages it caused!! Also i've to manage a jihad on my jerusalem!!!
    This is sure one of the most balanced mod i have ever played!!
    30BC: Ottaviano Augusto becomes the first Imperator, in his 44 years of principate he will bring to the empire peace and prosperity!
    70AD: Vespasiano is the winner of first great empire's civil war,rebuilding Roman world after the Nero's dark ages.
    98AD: Traiano becomes imperator after that the senateman Nerva adopted him,he will start a gold age for the empire getting it to biggest extension!! 117AD-180AD Adriano,Antonino Pio and Marco Aurelio administrate the empire during his richest and most pacific period, with their good administration Rome lives its golden age.
    193AD: Settimio Severo wins the civil war started after the death of Commodo starting the Severan dinasty, his heirs will not be as good as him. 252-285AD Rome lives the peak of III century's crisis,onli the emperor Aureliano will be able to reunite the empire breacked in 3 parts and the great reformer Diocleziano will give to Rome militar,politic and social cohesion after decades of caos. 325AD:Costantino rules alone over the empire and christianity is for the first time accepted by the imperial government.