Thread: CTD

Ephialtes The Dog's Avatar Vicarius
    Under your bed, in your closet, in your head!!!

Default CTD

Hi, I couldn't see a bugs thread to post this in so I made a new thread.

I got this error message when I attacked a rebel army in southern Wales. The army I attacked had a reinforcing army that was coming from Exeter. I clicked the fight battle button and then while the battle was loading I got a CTD.
    "So there I am, in Sri Lanka, formerly Ceylon, at about 3 o'clock in the morning, looking for one thousand brown M&Ms to fill a brandy glass, or Ozzy wouldn't go on stage that night. So, Jeff Beck pops his head 'round the door, and mentions there's a little sweets shop on the edge of town. So - we go. And - it's closed. So there's me, and Keith Moon, and David Crosby, breaking into that little sweets shop, eh. Well, instead of a guard dog, they've got this bloody great big Bengal tiger. I managed to take out the tiger with a can of mace, but the shopowner and his son... that's a different story altogether. I had to beat them to death with their own shoes. Nasty business, really. But, sure enough, I got the M&Ms, and Ozzy went on stage and did a great show."

-Del Preston

Lord Of The Knights's Avatar Rome Medieval ******

Default Re: CTD

yea,i know that CTD and i think i did a fix for it,but remeber that its still beta,i will do my best to remove and solve all problems.

wait i will give you a link for the fix...........

No problem. Just waiting for link.
    Last edited by Ephialtes The Dog; March 12, 2008 at 04:22 PM.
    "So there I am, in Sri Lanka, formerly Ceylon, at about 3 o'clock in the morning, looking for one thousand brown M&Ms to fill a brandy glass, or Ozzy wouldn't go on stage that night. So, Jeff Beck pops his head 'round the door, and mentions there's a little sweets shop on the edge of town. So - we go. And - it's closed. So there's me, and Keith Moon, and David Crosby, breaking into that little sweets shop, eh. Well, instead of a guard dog, they've got this bloody great big Bengal tiger. I managed to take out the tiger with a can of mace, but the shopowner and his son... that's a different story altogether. I had to beat them to death with their own shoes. Nasty business, really. But, sure enough, I got the M&Ms, and Ozzy went on stage and did a great show."

-Del Preston

*edit* Nvm, I fixed it.
    Last edited by Ephialtes The Dog; March 13, 2008 at 09:30 AM.

-Del Preston

hey Ephialtes,sorry for being late,that doesnt need a fix,you can fix that by:
    go to RomeMedievalMod/data/Models_unit/textures and copy (RM_Chivalric_Knight_denmark.TGA.dds) and paste it in the same folder and rename it to RM_ROYAL_KNIGHT.TGA.DDS,thats all.
    if want you can wait until i release a fix.

OK, thanks. But I got another CTD today as England, I ended my turn and during the French's turn the game crashed. If I upload a save file could you take a look at it for me as I really love this mod and really wan't to keep on playing it.

-Del Preston

If you don't mind here the save is.

-Del Preston

i will try it now,dont worry.
    try another campaign.

i tried it,its working fine,no CTDs with me,but lets fix that,are you using show_err in the shortcut? you got a message when the error happened?

ADD:i created a hot fix but its not finished yet,but you can try it:
    http://files.filefront.com/RM2+Hot+F.../fileinfo.html
    Last edited by Lord Of The Knights; March 13, 2008 at 03:12 PM.

Yeah I'm using show_err, and I didn't get an error message. Thanks for the fix.

-Del Preston

I tried. I got CTD too.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Of The Knights View Post
    i tried it,its working fine,no CTDs with me,but lets fix that,are you using show_err in the shortcut? you got a message when the error happened?

ADD:i created a hot fix but its not finished yet,but you can try it:
    http://files.filefront.com/RM2+Hot+F.../fileinfo.html

ttoommyy,try the latest fix in RM2 Fixes thread.

I tried, but no luck.
    Could you please check two of my saved game?
    As to Z15, game crashed when the loading bar finished.
    As to Z23, game crashed after hitting 'end turn'

Thank you very much. Really appreciate your great work on RM

Attachment 10515

Attachment 10516

ttoommyy,try the latest fix in RM2 Fixes thread.

RM2 Hot Fix 2 ( the latest fix) is changing some main campaigns files,so RM2 Fix cant fix problems in the previous campaigns,you have to start a new campaign to see it's effect.

try to start a new campaign and tell me if the fix solves the problem,Good Luck.
    Last edited by Lord Of The Knights; March 27, 2008 at 12:34 PM. Reason: RM2

RM2 Hot Fix 2 ( the latest fix) is changing some main campaigns files,so RM2 Fix cant fix problems in the previous campaigns,you have to start a new campaign to see it's effect.

try to start a new campaign and tell me if the fix solves the problem,Good Luck.
    Thank you LOTK.

z23.zip is from a campaign started after RM2 Hot fix2. Z15.zip is only with Hot fix1. I am now in the middle of a new campaign. I will let you know if there is any bug. Thank you again. You are doing a wonderful job!

Hi LOTK, I reinstalled RTW1.5, RM2.0, fix1 and fix2 and took map.rwm out. I started a new campaign and got CTD after 5-hour playing. I can not even load autosave.sav successfully. CTD after loading bar is finished.

It is a great MOD. I really want to keep game going on. Could you please have a look at my saving file, to see if anything wrong? Thank you very much.

Attachment 10597

Quote Originally Posted by ttoommyy View Post
    Thank you LOTK.

z23.zip is from a campaign started after RM2 Hot fix2. Z15.zip is only with Hot fix1. I am now in the middle of a new campaign. I will let you know if there is any bug. Thank you again. You are doing a wonderful job!

sorry ttoommyy,i dont have any time to find the reason of the CTD,its not that easy,but i will do my best when i have time.

Thank you very much, LOTK.

Just do it when you have time. I can still enjoy your MOD while my empire won't grow too large.
    Again Excellent MOD, Thank you for your great work.