Thread: Why is it that England keeps rebelling?

Default Why is it that England keeps rebelling?

In every one of my games, England ends up getting destroyed because of rebellion and they get molested by the scots. Is this normal?

Laetus

Default Re: Why is it that England keeps rebelling?

the worst i've seen is england simply kept in check, aka, out of scotland, mostly out of ireland, and limited in france. never seen them wiped out. seen them do really well most of the time in reference to the UK area of the map.

Gorrrrrn's Avatar Citizen

Default Re: Why is it that England keeps rebelling?

henyo10

Are the rebellions the result of the English faction heir and leader getting killed or do the rebellions happen before that?

(in my experience even with toggle_fow to allow for seeing what happens one is often not shown the vital last move of factions. So it's difficult to know what is happening.)

It is possible that they have at some stage a faction leader who has traits that cause other generals and family members to rebel - hopefully one day we'll eliminate those as they only help the human player. Given their location religion is unlikely to be an issue unless there are several heretics operating in their regions.

What difficulty setting are you playing on. I seem to be getting fewer rebellions on VH than on M strategy level as AI factions get more money to play with. (The tweaks that I'm trying out will be giving the AI factions twice the increment.)

DO you play with any sub-mods?

I have to admit I'm having a problem giving them to a useful faction personality, none seem really applicable. I may try giving them fortified rather than sailor or trader in the hope they expand more slowly, but with greater force when they do, thus increasing their chance of taking settlements.

On early era they do seem underpowered compared to the Scots and French when it comes to autoreslove battles. That should improve if they can keep going longer as they then get much better units.

-----

update: I checked the descr_strat.txt for the imperial_campaign and the starting English faction heir has a whole bundle of negative traits. You might want to remove them and see if England does any better in the first 80 turns or so.
    Last edited by Gorrrrrn; October 29, 2008 at 12:47 PM. Reason: updated info