Thread: Character with no name

caralampio's Avatar Magnificus

Default Character with no name

I have used CNP for a while now, great, but I hadn't played Scots (they were one of my backwater factions but lately I love them ). I noticed a problem with a character's name, or rather the lack thereof! He was a priest. It was kind of funny from a roleplaying point of view, but if it happens again it would be annoying!

I assume it is a problem with the Scottish names because I had never seen it before. I also had another priest who had only a first name, he was Cuthair or Cuthien something like that, w/o last name.

caralampio's Avatar Magnificus

Default Re: Character with no name

OK this is not a bump Although this forum seems to be real quiet...

Instead, I found the problem. Some Scottish names have errors in descr_names, so when they are chosen by the AI they appear blank in the game. This is because they do not coincide with the name in names.txt.strings. I fixed the errors, since then I have noticed similar errors in a couple of factions I have made minor fixes to (Spain and Papal States) so I think it might be a common problem.

Not a criticism, this is a vast work and such things are to be expected, but a possibility when you are trying to find the source of a problem with CNP.

finneys13's Avatar *Insert Generic Title*
    Kosice, Budapest, Dublin, other random places

The main problem with the Scottish names is if a) they are too long, or b) I forgot to add a '_' to double barrelled first names

Is there any estimate on when those fixes may go into the official version?
    I've been wanting to add CNP to my mod but having nameless characters was a bit daunting so far
    (M2TW Links outdated, sorry)
    Want gunpowder, mongols, and timurids to appear when YOU do?

Click here to read the solution
    Annoyed at laggy battles? This has all you need
    Got low fps in siege battles in particular? This tutorial is for you
    Want to play M2TW as a Vanilla experience minus annoying bugs? Get VanillaMod Visit the forum Readme
    Need improved and faster 2H animations? Download this!