Thread: shutdown

Default shutdown

im desperate! with the new 1.5a i get yet another CTD and i am getting really mad .

Why can i never play rome without a ctd far in the game just when it starts looking up for me. I had conquerd italy,sicily,gaul and large parts of greece with cash flowing in and legions marching over barbarians and greeks alike.

And then this.

I reloaded 3 times, and evertime i take a city it says RTW has encounterd an error. Does someone please has a solution. Because this way it stops me from playing this. The mod is awesome but i had it 3 times now that a savegame was ****ed, and yes i disabled auto-save
    Roma Surrectum Fanatics. Click HERE to Join Us!!!
    Death is light as a feather, Duty heavier then a mountain

Squid's Avatar Opifex
    Patrician Artifex Technical Staff

Blog Entries

Default Re: shutdown

This has nothing to do with RS, this is a RTW bug, you are getting hit by the reinforcement CTD. You are sieging a city and reinforcements try to lift the siege and you defeat both armies. This is a known RTW bug and causes a CTD everytime. You have 2 options:

1) Auto resolve the battle
    2) Defeat the reinforcements before they try to lift the siege

Please try and search to see if someone else has encountered your problem as this has been discussed many times prior to this.
    Under the patronage of Roman_Man#3, Patron of Ishan
    Click for my tools and tutorials
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -----Albert Einstein

Default Re: shutdown

if you encounter this error, do not try it again under the same circumstances as it will just repeat itself. i do the following: lift the siege, and if possible move the army away and come back another turn. if moving the army is not possible, try and do everything to prevent the AI from attacking, such as sending another army to stand next to the sieging army.