Thread: Game freezes during AI movement

Default Game freezes during AI movement

Playing as the Lithuanian faction on version 1.4b. The game hangs somewhere in the middle of the AI doing it's thing on my second turn in the game (hung on Scotland, then on France). I can still hit ESC and quit, but the game just sits there. No error log is being generated. Thoughts?

Default Re: Game freezes during AI movement

try change in cfg from *error to *trace (this ill track in more details, the game errors)
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorm the old ;
    Originally Posted by Gorm the old
    Arhh i didn't have the time to read all 27th pages this question may have been here befor?

When i Play the game its works fine until 2nd round it freezes at Scotland banner. no matter how long i wait the game dosen't proceed. I can quit the game normally by pressing Esc and quit game :O

First I though a fresh install of M2TW would solv the problem, well it didn't i installed in the following way:

1-Fresh install of mtw2
    2-CA's patch v1.2
    3-Finally CAE mod 1.4b

What could couse this problem ?

Same error here, it used to freeze during AI turn for Sicily and Scotland, but I solved that out. I think it`s a bug that has nothing to do with CAE patch. I reinstaled Medieval 2 tw, with the same patch v1.2, without CAE and without update pack v1.3, same bug, so it`s not from CAE release (maybe that`s why the guys didn`t know how to help you). Also I noticed a few more bugs, like this one, when I holded the mouse pointer one the titles/traits they didn`t show the bonuses (like +1moral, +3 loyality, etc).
    Gorm the old, I recomand you these steps (it worked for me to solve the problem ):
    1. Install Medieval 2 total war
    2. Apply patch update v1.2 (so you will update the game from v1.00 to v1.2)
    3. Apply patch update v1.3 (you will update the game from v1.2 to v1.3)
    4 Install Clouds Across Europe patch
    5. Enjoy!

It works much better like this, those freezes don`t appear anymore.

Zephrelial's Avatar Eternal Sorrow
    An ancient castle on a steep windy mountain peak.. away from all mortal eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by speedyvm View Post
    Also I noticed a few more bugs, like this one, when I holded the mouse pointer one the titles/traits they didn`t show the bonuses (like +1moral, +3 loyality, etc).

I've seen this particular bug with my own eyes when I was at my friend's house.When I hovered the mouse over the traits to see their numbers,there were none.My friend was using a non dvd cracked exe and I'm positive that this one is related to that not to CAE.I firmly believe that weird freezings and random frequent CTDs are related to crack exe's.I've recently run a test on my original m2tw dvd with CAE and the results speak for themselves.
    Shine on you crazy diamond...