Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Armour Pictures! Post yours or other's!

Default Re: Armour Pictures!

you forget we Japanese are short, and the whole world was even shorter 5 centuries ago =P

tinyisem factor yo ! imagen if the viking wouled of invaded japan O_O!they were huge O_O

haha well, in all fairness everyone aroudn the world was a good bit shorter at that time, so while vikings would have been tall the proportional difference would probably be the same as today

Taneda Santôka's Avatar Artifex

That's true, but vikings had the HFF, "Hairy Fear Factor", wich hasnt changed in 5 centuries!
    Welcome to TWC HK!

LMAO HFF i never herd that 1 b4 LOL!i love it well peopel of the north needed furr >_> instead of skinign animals u might as well grow your own !

hahah I still love the 'and unreasonably hairy' line from roman generals XD

Thanks Taneda =)

LOL omg in RNJ will the generals have speaches b4 battles?

Turtules's Avatar Campidoctor

Probly and in Japanese that. would be sick!

Eww no i want in english i dont speak japanese

Taneda Santôka's Avatar Artifex

Good, cause you'll have neither !

Was it just the Mongols who used Silk in their armour?

Quote Originally Posted by thebigbossnahhh View Post
    Was it just the Mongols who used Silk in their armour?
    I think the chinese han soldiers used them, but I thinking it from top of my head, can't remember what source that was...

And welcome to TWC, Hayami

Quote Originally Posted by celtic warrior View Post
    I think the chinese han soldiers used them, but I thinking it from top of my head, can't remember what source that was...

And welcome to TWC, Hayami
    I could be certain it was Mongol Cavalry Archers that used Silk Padding on their chests.
    It apparently used to absorb most of the projectile, causing minimal rupture from arrow fire.

Quote Originally Posted by thebigbossnahhh View Post
    I could be certain it was Mongol Cavalry Archers that used Silk Padding on their chests.
    It apparently used to absorb most of the projectile, causing minimal rupture from arrow fire.
    Yes sorry, didn't make myself clear, I'm saying the chinese used it as well including the Mongols, it is said, that the advantages silk like you said "absorb most of the projectile, causing minimal rupture from arrow fire"

They also allow blade or arrow head to slip out of a wound as easily as it had slipped in, because the silk would enter with it. This also prevented any poison on arrows from entering the body.

Quote Originally Posted by celtic warrior View Post
    Yes sorry, didn't make myself clear, I'm saying the chinese used it as well including the Mongols, it is said, that the advantages silk like you said "absorb most of the projectile, causing minimal rupture from arrow fire"

They also allow blade or arrow head to slip out of a wound as easily as it had slipped in, because the silk would enter with it. This also prevented any poison on arrows from entering the body.
    Not to mention when wet, silk is literally untearable.
    I can see why the Mongols were seen as invincible by many of their fallen enemies.

doopidooo i wonder what wouled hapen if i wore my ciramic level 4 and my frag vest from the army then eqiped my self with a katana im prolly lighter than theyr armor plus anti bullets.. and frag .. i wonder if a katana coueld cut trough?? like if vest is on a man and im defending my self >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Dermeister View Post
    doopidooo i wonder what wouled hapen if i wore my ciramic level 4 and my frag vest from the army then eqiped my self with a katana im prolly lighter than theyr armor plus anti bullets.. and frag .. i wonder if a katana coueld cut trough?? like if vest is on a man and im defending my self >_>
    If a slight vertical angle slice would certainly reach halfway, maybe even all the way.

you sure them vests arep retty tough O_O oh and O_O whats going on with the mod is it like in a stand still or arethey just relly quiet cause theyr busy?

Quote Originally Posted by Dermeister View Post
    you sure them vests arep retty tough O_O oh and O_O whats going on with the mod is it like in a stand still or arethey just relly quiet cause theyr busy?
    Probably really Busy.

this 1 goes out to anny 1 who can answer and katana experts.

I woke up this morning,and i had this uber crazy dream of jumping on roof tops and sword fights and my sword kept clashin to block the oponents strikes.

this leads me to my question...Can 2 blades of same qualety cut each otheri n a fight..? if liek 1 blade trys to block or deflect another katana? shud a weilder try to simply evade the swing or block it? just questions out of the blue lol.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast