Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Placeholder for a shortstory.

Lt.Bradford's Avatar Domesticus

Default Placeholder for a shortstory.

This is a placeholder for the story I mentioned to Thanatos. Move along.

Thanatos's Avatar Now Is Not the Time
    took an arrow to the knee

Default Re: Placeholder for a shortstory.

Get writing, already, dammit.

I will, I'm just busy. Purging and all that.

No, more like you're too busy wondering what to do with that girl problem you posted on and on about...

No, not really....

Try stringing a Lacrosse Stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Lt.Bradford View Post
    No, not really....

Try stringing a Lacrosse Stick.
    Huh. Always somehow thought you were this middle-aged nerdy fat guy, no joke.

I shall now henceforth think of you as Buff Bufferman.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanatos View Post
    Huh. Always somehow thought you were this middle-aged nerdy fat guy, no joke.

I shall now henceforth think of you as Buff Bufferman.
    I take that as compliment, and insult. Also, read what I said in the worst pain thread.

Here's part one.

Why should the Xeno be reviled? You say that some are kind, and gentle natured; or hope to assist mankind. I tell you this, I have seen many horrors through the stars, and nothing could really compare to the Xeno Etherial Aun’ Mont’Tau.- Inquisitor Valornia.

The Tau Empire, a horrid race of Xenos that has been virtually allowed, by reason of more important worries, to take hundred’s of planets from the Emperor. It was on one such planet, known as Anchises to the Imperium, which they were able to take over with little force. Time went by, and it seemed as though the Tau were using them. The people asked kindly, but the Tau rejected; imposing new laws and tariffs, so much for equality. The people then tried to use force, but were brutally stopped in days.
    The Imperium, at the same time was planning to liberate the people of Anchises from the Xeno and immediately began deployment of forces.

Augustus hurried to reach the briefing room. He was late, something in which Valornia hated, another thing that was bad. He quickly ran past the guardsmen watching the door, and came beside Valornia.
    “You’re late.” He whispered. Augustus didn’t respond but turned to the meeting before him. Eighteen regiments of the Imperial Guard, two companies of Astartes, and a large compliment of the Ordo Xenos were all participating in this. Lord General Kyle Ortusson was speaking through many random bits of how the Xenos would be crushed, and other tactics.

Augustus cared little for these things, as they normally didn’t have to do with what he was going to be up to. He turned to Valornius, who just nodded. Augustus felt something in his head, then a whisper.
    “Your enemy is more dangerous than you think, Mon’Keigh.” It spoke.

Sixteen Months Later

The invasions had gone perfectly, with the Imperium re-taking almost the entire planet, and only the capital remained. Horrors had been uncovered: death camps, prisons, and other heinous acts. These Xenos were not what they seemed.

Augustus sat; several Guardsmen from the Kyran 99th regiment were around him. They had stopped for the day in a bombed out building somewhere near the Unity District of O’ Risa. The Tau seemed to be weakening, as Imperial forces were able to just push into the city with little resistance.

“There is movement ahead, sir….” One of the men spoke. An officer, a round bearded man that looked like he would fit on a Pict-drama than anything turned and readied his Lasgun.

“Well hold ‘em lads, get ready.” He shouted, ushering men forward. Before anything, pulse rounds slammed around the Imperials, killing many. Xenos forces moved forward; all intent on pushing the Imperial Forces back. Augustus stood, firing into the Xenos but unable to do anything to change the battle. He ducked behind a pillar as two stealth suits opened fire. Things started to fly by, and Augustus felt something hit his head. And everything went black, for awhile at least.

When Augustus awakened, he found himself in a strange spot. It seemed to be a church of the Emperor, degraded of course, but still a church. He looked forward and for a second he thought his eyes were lieing to him.

“Hello, Mon-Keigh.” The Farseer spoke.

the_mango55's Avatar Comes Rei Militaris
    Citizen

Not bad.

And I would still prefer death camps for political dissidents than Exterminatus for everyone, period.
    ttt
    Adopted son of Lord Sephiroth, Youngest sibling of Pent uP Rage, Prarara the Great, Nerwen Carnesîr, TB666 and, Boudicca. In the great Family of the Black Prince

Primicerius

Awesome story

I heard Tau firepower were absolutely devestating. I was hoping Augustus would order his men to charge close enough where Tau would be a a great disadvantage.

bomberboy's Avatar Domesticus

This is great I wonder what the Eldar are doing there.
    Check out my Music reviews here now!
    Bomberboy's reviews
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=175306

Quote Originally Posted by Boyar Son View Post
    Awesome story

I heard Tau firepower were absolutely devestating. I was hoping Augustus would order his men to charge close enough where Tau would be a a great disadvantage.
    It basically was an ambush, as the Xenos were on the position before anyone could react.

YOu should see the results in about part III.

Part two in about two days.

Shut up. Go away. Return in two days. With story. I demand it.

Decent start, I am looking forward to the next part.

Is there gonna be a second part?

Primicerius

I guess not.

There is, I've just been really busy here lately, plus the dialogues a bit tricky to write.

Yeah, its short. I'm really busy. No Thanatos, this does not lead to what you are most likely thinking.

Augustus didn’t try to struggle; he could tell he was surrounded. He just looked at the Farseer, who spoke again.

“I am Farseer Macha, of Biel-Tan.” The alien spoke. It moved forward, weapons forward. Augustus could tell that the voice seemed female, but he wasn’t so sure. He could notice warriors around him each deadly in their own fashion, each able to kill him with ease.

“I… am Augustus Gregor… trooper…. Kyran 99th.” He responded, trying to keep the alien from knowing his true profession. He felt his back against a pew.

“You are lieing, Interrogator.” The alien replied without any consideration. “I do not even need to use my powers to see that.” Augustus stood and nodded to the alien.

“Why is it that you…. Eldar didn’t kill me.” He asked.

“Because, the rest of your forces will not listen to one of us Mon’Keigh.” The alien replied.

“So… what is it you want me to know? Macha.” Augustus replied. The Farseer removed her helmet, and motioned to an external chamber.

“It is something that only you should hear.” Macha spoke, and began walking toward the nearby room.

Primicerius

oooh

we al know where this is going

This will lead to:

1) Failed attempt at sex.
    2) Failed attempt at sex.
    3) Necrons.

1.) Doubt it.
    2.) Doubt it.
    3.) No, Daemons and Chaos Tau. (SPOILER!!!)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast