Thread: The Life and Times of Duke Lugh of The Nords: a EGII AAR

Paul d's Avatar Praepositus

Default The Life and Times of Duke Lugh of The Nords: a EGII AAR

Prologue:

Duke Lugh sighed, as he sat at his small manor at Yalibe. His nation was wartorn, their armies weakened and scattered. Recently, the Swadians and Vaegirs had allied against the Nords, and have been forcing the Nords to fight defensively. He was one of the more loyal Nord Dukes. Many of them neglected orders, refused to pay debts to the king, and failed to reinforce the army at a crutial time. Now, times are most crutial indeed. Can Lugh rally the Nords and stave off these invaders? Or will he be doomed to defeat, dying to a Vaegir or Swadian blade? Is there a greater purpose to his trials? Find out in the next installment of "The Life and Times of Duke Lugh"!

A picture of Lugh, at his Manor:

Lugh's Army:

1 Duke Lugh (Hero)
    1 Ymira the Caring (Hero)
    17 Nord Wildmen
    6 Nord Warriors
    5 Nord Axe-Throwers
    8 Nord Berserkers
    2 Nord Minor Warlords
    1 Nord Champion
    2 White Bandits
    1 White Bandit Master
    3 Khergit Lancers

AAR info:
    Mod: Extended Gameplay 2
    If Lugh dies, the story ends. No compromises.
    Last edited by Paul d; March 09, 2008 at 12:51 AM.

Default Re: The Life and Times of Duke Lugh of The Nords: a EGII AAR

Wow our very first AAR I am eager to hear more of Lugh's trials!

Part 1: Ramar the Lean

May 14 1257:

Lugh had been tasked by Lord Haeda to kill a notorius criminal, by the name of Ramar the Lean. He was to be hiding in the town of Ambean.

Lugh arrived there that night, and approached the Town Elder

"Good eve, kind sir. I am looking for a man by the name of Ramar the Lean. do you know of his werebouts?"

"Strangers pass through our town all the time, lord. I am sure if you look around you will find him."

By the mans tone, Lugh knew he was lying. Ramar was a local, he had lived here for years. So, Lugh went searching from door to door, until he arrived at a back alley, to find a nervous man.

"I am looking for a fellow by the name of Ramar the Lean. You seem to fit his description."

The man Lugh approached was a scruffy fellow, by simple description. He had an unshaven face, and was wearing a dirty Leather studded coat. He had a long blade attached to his belt.

"I do not know what you are talking about sir!"

"Then drop your sword. If you are innocent you have nothing to fear. I am sure some of the locals here will verify."

"Damn you! You won't be going anywhere!"

And Ramar drew his sword, and began to slash at Lugh. But lugh was quick witted, and drew his war axe. They fought for about a minute, Ramar slashing furiously, and Lugh calmly parrying his blows. Suddenly, Lugh swung his axe in a high arc, and chopped a large hole into Ramar's guts. They spilled out as he fell dead.

Lugh returned to Haeda's castle the next morning.

"My fellow lord, Ramar has been dispatched. He will not trouble our kingdom any longer."

"Ahhhh... good work Lugh! pleace accept this payment of 300 dinars."

"This is blood money, sir. I cannot accept it."

"oh, so you did this for the sake of chivalry? I am pleased, Lugh."

But in fact, Lugh felt terrible. This was his first kill outside a warzone. here, he had not to worry of flying arrows, or other enemies ready to pounce him. He had witnessed the fullness of his actions, rather than moving on to kill another man. He had seen the guts spilling onto the ground, staining the soil red during that cold night, heard the last cry of anguish from Ramar. it was a chilling memory, indeed, and it would be on his mind for several days.
    Last edited by Paul d; March 09, 2008 at 07:30 PM.

Will there be more visuals?

yeah, that chapter was just a bit bland. not much fighting. also, its a bit hard to chop a guy with an axe and press the fraps key at the same time. ive got some good shots for battles. and haven't died yet, yay!

one possibility I may suggest is utilizing the camera mod. I've been told it allows you to move all over the map, but I imagine that's best when replaying a battle save.

Part 2: A turn of events

2 days after lugh killed Ramar, The world diplomatic situation changed. This was not something Lugh had forseen, but Ramar was a Vaegir spy, why had been sabotaging Swadian military facilities. When this was discovered, The Swadians declared peace with the Nords, and war on the Vaegirs.

For several days Lugh feasted with some of his new swadian companions, and his fellow Nord lords, until one day lugh looked north and sighted a pillar of smoke from there Yalibe was. He quickly assembled his warband, and they arrived at Yalibe. Yalibe was being raided by... A renegade Swadian general.

As the sun set, Lugh contemplated his courses of action. He chose to try to stave off the raiders. But first, he would try to reason with lord Meltor.

He walked over to Meltor's camp and brought up the query, "Lord Meltor, the war is over! leave now from our nord lands!"

"I have special orders from the king to raid this settlement, you nord dog!"

Lugh, enraged by this, unsheathed his axe and swung towards Meltor, and dealt a dangerous blow to the stomach. His armour prevented any true damage, but he was knocked unconscious by the trauma. His men charged Lugh, and Lugh's men and the towns citizens prepared to fight.

they fought with great desperation, Lugh gawking in terror as his men were skewered on the Swadian pikes. He made a fatal decision: to retreat. His remaining 20 or so men and He ran for their lives, witnessing a burning village behind them.

So Lugh would get revenge. But first, he had to go to the wildlands to find more nords willing to fight. Little did he know, that is where his true purpose would be discovered.
    Last edited by Paul d; March 10, 2008 at 07:35 PM.

So did ol' Lugh get his revenge?

err he died. (yeah he actually did about 2 days later ingame)

also, i reformatted my drive, so the rest of pics an story are gone...

I may restart if i have the will to do so.
    Last edited by Paul d; April 11, 2008 at 12:46 AM.

Death can be a killer!

I may restart. prolly will. but this particular one is gone.

THis mod is the most brutal of them all!
    You have to choose your battles very carefully. I found that out the hard way

yeah, without hiring 20 men at the start, i usually died on day one.

Duke Lugh 1.XXX?

EG2 would have to be ported, but I think Chel throwing together an EG3 would be more likely.

I guess this one slipped my mind as well... updating it to the list now.