Thread: Historical Sources

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Default Historical Sources

Long, long time ago I have planned for a new campaign for Imp II (new provincial map) using Mundus Magnus map strating at 264 BC since I have fighting Pyrrhus over and over again.

Due to my involvement with RTR VII/TIC that project was put on hold. Since I'm taking a semi-sabbatical leave from modding (RTR) I believe it's a good time maybe to continue this one bit by bit.

I have decided to remade Imp II only using this map and possibly using alex.exe instead on bi.exe and will need inputs on historical aspect of the mediterranean in 264 BC (the eve of punic war).

While it's still centered on SPQR, I may made this playable for some other factions too.

Any suggestions of what factions should be included ?

Edit: This is the old thread, the work is continued when I left of there.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=57589
    Last edited by AngryTitusPullo; March 08, 2008 at 09:26 PM.

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Solaris's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Re: Historical Sources

How about splitting up the Averni and Aedui? Some Greek Leagues would be good, like the Achaean league. Hmm.. the Galatians, Pergamon city state, maybe.

I think you could sacrifice the Sarmartian faction, as they really didn't have a big impact, all I can think of is when Mithradates invaded the coast of the Black Sea, though granted I'm not exactly an expert on Sarmatian history... So yeah, sacrifice Sarmatia, add another Gallic faction, hm, what else... Wasn't there always a faction slot left from one of the Roman vanilla factions? If so, that could be used.
    See the successor campaign to TIC!
    RTR Betatester & Developer

Splitting Arverni and Aedui maybe makes it look too much like EB ?

Possibly splitting them but choose either Aedui or Arverni maybe...

Sarmatia maybe needed, as the map will be full of rebels then without them

I have added Syracuse and the Greek Cities are now only the representative of the Achean League. Galatia might be possible (I believe they already exist by 264 bc ?)

As usual they should be only 21 factions including rebels. I might disable the roman rebels though (not sure if it works correctly in alex.exe)

Well... maybe EB got it right If Gaul was united, their sheer manpower would have probably crushed the Romans.

You have a point about Sarmatia, but how about adding a faction (I have no idea which one you'd replace it with!) which represents the Greek settlements on the coast of the Black Sea? I'm not sure historically if there was such a league/alliance, so that'd have to be looked into. But it could help improve resistance against the Macedonians when they inevitably go north.

About Galatia, they migrated in 280 BC ish, I think, so yeah, they were there.

Personally, I find the Roman Rebels faction pointless, when I let a city rebel, I want it to go to the Rebels!

Currently my build have Epirus, Makedonia, Syracusan League and Achean League to represent the Westerm Greek states but I believe Epirus is not needed anymore (if left over codes from previous build).

Syracusan might not be needed but it's just make contest for Sicily a bit interesting. While I'll still use scripts however I wont be using 4tpy though since I'll be including Imperial Roman units (possibly starting 14 bc).

I tried to find online maps for 264 bc but couldn't find any good links yet...

http://www.roangelo.net/valente/samnium.html

I'm still looking for some more.

Last edited by Solaris; March 08, 2008 at 10:34 PM.

Thanks. Will look into that.

wiande's Avatar Miles

http://sitemaker.umich.edu/mladjov/f...omanabc264.jpg

here's a good one, notice land upon pontus & nicomedia, they were greeks settlements on black see