Thread: just a question ro the team

Kjertesvein's Avatar Remember to smile
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Default just a question ro the team

hey folkens.

Just question. If you could get help from outside the team, either from the public, modders etc. etc, to help you with your mod. what would it be?

It seems like ALOT of people is despret.

Translating my norse-english to norse:

Bare et spørsmål. Hvis dere kunne få hjelp fra utsiden av teamet deres. hva ville dere mest sette pris på? fra peasents til moddere osv.

Et spørsmål fra en som har *elvetes lyst til å spille WotN

And just one more Q:Is the first map in the intro the last map? or is Iceland and/or Greenland or any other island in? (not counting the very big one, main UK island)

Thank you werry much!
    Looking forward to the best game
    Last edited by Kjertesvein; March 07, 2008 at 11:53 PM.
    Thorolf was thus armed. Then Thorolf became so furious that he cast his shield on his back, and, grasping his halberd with both hands, bounded forward dealing cut and thrust on either side. Men sprang away from him both ways, but he slew many. Thus he cleared the way forward to earl Hring's standard, and then nothing could stop him. He slew the man who bore the earl's standard, and cut down the standard-pole. After that he lunged with his halberd at the earl's breast, driving it right through mail and body, so that it came out at the shoulders; and he lifted him up on the halberd over his head, and planted the butt-end in the ground. There on the weapon the earl breathed out his life in sight of all, both friends and foes. [...] 53, Egil's Saga
    I must tell you here of some amusing tricks the Comte d'Eu played on us. I had made a sort of house for myself in which my knights and I used to eat, sitting so as to get the light from the door, which, as it happened, faced the Comte d'Eu's quarters. The count, who was a very ingenious fellow, had rigged up a miniature ballistic machine with which he could throw stones into my tent. He would watch us as we were having our meal, adjust his machine to suit the length of our table, and then let fly at us, breaking our pots and glasses.
    - The pranks played on the knight Jean de Joinville, 1249, 7th crusade.

http://imgur.com/a/DMm19
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    This is the only forum I visit with any sort of frequency and I'm glad it has provided a home for RTR since its own forum went down in 2007. Hopefully my donation along with others from TWC users will help get the site back to its speedy heyday, which will certainly aid us in our endeavor to produce a full conversion mod Rome2.

mocker's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: just a question ro the team

Jobb på engelsken din, du er omgitt av den!

We mainly need skinners, although mostly any kind of modder would be appreciated.

Beiss's Avatar Nemo nascitur...

Now we need a modeller too.
    Under the patronage of Halie Satanus, Emperor of Ice Cream, in the house of wilpuri

Taneda Santôka's Avatar Artifex

What kind of skinning job do you need/offer?

A good one!
    Co-leader and Historian for the Picts, Moravians, and Scots in Viking: Total War.

Quote Originally Posted by DeZzErX
    So I type in Tartan in google. This is what i get.

Ugh... not the one you seem to be offering anyway.
    Under the patronage of Halie Satanus, Emperor of Ice Cream, in the house of wilpuri

Quote Originally Posted by Beiss View Post
    Ugh... not the one you seem to be offering anyway.
    How's that? Would you elaborate?

Quote Originally Posted by Taneda Santôka View Post
    What kind of skinning job do you need/offer?
    The finest of skinless norsemen and other hidelacking warriors.

How's that? Would you elaborate?
    Your sig suggest you do a different kind of skinning than what we're looking for. That's all.

Your sig suggest you do a different kind of skinning than what we're looking for. That's all.
    Ok, I guess didnt thouroughly convey your idea...:hmmm: Or did it?

Foolish of me to offer help, being able to paint samurai textures doesnt prevent one to paint other textures, it hasnt prevented me at least, and it involves a bit more than editing existing meshs and textures... I think you've neither clicked my sig nor evaluated its content or any of my other work. Good luck.

Btw, that sig is "hand" painted...
    Last edited by Taneda Santôka; April 07, 2008 at 05:52 PM.

If you don't want to join the crew, then that's your choice, but I'm not sure why you asked in the first place...

We mostly need modellers, since pretty much almost every new unit will be needing a custom model (minus some that will share models). When there are more skinners per modeller, we'll start seeing bottlenecks.
    Last edited by mocker; April 08, 2008 at 12:59 AM.

Ok, I guess didnt thouroughly convey your idea...:hmmm: Or did it?

Foolish of me to offer help, being able to paint samurai textures doesnt prevent one to paint other textures, it hasnt prevented me at least, and it involves a bit more than editing existing meshs and textures... I think you've neither clicked my sig nor evaluated its content or any of my other work. Good luck.

Btw, that sig is "hand" painted...
    Dear God, do I need to spell it out for you?? I was JOKING. All I was saying was that we need the skinning job you do with textures on a model, not the skinning job you do with a katana which results in lots and lots blood rather than an game character. You are VERY welcome to join the team as far as I'm concerned. I think I need to stop trying to be funny altogether.

EDIT: Oh, wait... is that green stuff in your sig Japan? Looked like someone's intestines to me, lol.

Dear God, do I need to spell it out for you?? I was JOKING. All I was saying was that we need the skinning job you do with textures on a model, not the skinning job you do with a katana which results in lots and lots blood rather than an game character. You are VERY welcome to join the team as far as I'm concerned. I think I need to stop trying to be funny altogether.

EDIT: Oh, wait... is that green stuff in your sig Japan? Looked like someone's intestines to me, lol.
    Dear god, can't you just click a signature before making ambiguous jokes? Is it really that hard? I throw in an offer, that's all you see of me with my userinfos and sig, and what do you do, just look at the sig, isnt yours meant to be clickable? Judging from what you still say about it, you havent taken a minute of curiosity to click it!
    Is that game character enough for you? I know they're japanese and colourfull, but that's our choice, I think it's still a good indicator that a can paint a skin isnt it? So there is no doubt, it is NOT a reskinned makedonian phallanx...

Seems like you've got that settled then.
    Conclusion:
    You can skin, and you participate in Japanese-related mods as a skinner.

Now do you want to join the crew or not?

Or, since you haven't asked directly, is there anything you want to know about working in the skinner smithy of WotN?

(At this point, I suspect people have stopped paying attention to my posts in this thread. If you read this, please let me know.)
    Last edited by mocker; April 08, 2008 at 11:35 AM.

NikeBG's Avatar Sampsis

Dear god, can't you just click a signature before making ambiguous jokes? Is it really that hard? I throw in an offer, that's all you see of me with my userinfos and sig, and what do you do, just look at the sig, isnt yours meant to be clickable? Judging from what you still say about it, you havent taken a minute of curiosity to click it!
    Is that game character enough for you? I know they're japanese and colourfull, but that's our choice, I think it's still a good indicator that a can paint a skin isnt it? So there is no doubt, it is NOT a reskinned makedonian phallanx...
    Seems you haven't got his joke as well - he basically said that, seeing that sharp and dangerous katana with you, "skinjob" can also be understood as "de-skinning some team members", which we certainly do not want (at least I certainly prefer to have my skin on myself)!
    As for the modding type of skinning and your skills concerning it - nobody has ever said anything bad about it here, so just relax, ok?

I'm cool don't worry, and Mocker's (I did read you ) question is the only one that stands ; it's just not the kind of response to an offer I'd expect. I don't want to sound like an obfuscated diva, there's no harm done, but it's started on the wrong foot and enthousiasm has let place to tension... So no, I don't think I'll help for now... I'll come back later, in the meantime, a sincere "good job, good luck" to the whole team!

Then by all means, tip-toe onwards on your merry way.
    Tell the candy king I said hi. Oh, and he still owes me that beer.
    (still just joking, no direct ridicule to be found here. sorry, fans!)

Well, hot damn. Those are some really nice models. And no, I wasn't curious enough to try clicking your sig because I didn't realize it would take me anywhere but to more images of bloody green intestines.