Thread: a unit i cant find

legio_XX's Avatar Ordinarius

Default a unit i cant find

sorry for posting two but there is a unit in the game that show up on the loading screen. now they look like east roman troops in brown close with tanish brown sheilds i just have to know who it is. um they are one your Rio VII IBFD Expansion images I must know!!!!! lol sorry again

Default Re: a unit i cant find

Quote Originally Posted by legio_XX View Post
    sorry for posting two but there is a unit in the game that show up on the loading screen. now they look like east roman troops in brown close with tanish brown sheilds i just have to know who it is. um they are one your Rio VII IBFD Expansion images I must know!!!!! lol sorry again
    Ahh yes these troops are elite Roman engineer troops "Sassanid Satrapy Fabrum" captured in mass by the Sassanids and used to build city infra structure and campaign fortifications. They also can be used for in game battles as depicted on the displayed Expansion pics.
    An instance of this was from the battle of Edessa where a huge Roman army was captured with some high ranking officials along with a very useful elite army.

The sassanids can recruit other foreign type Satrap units. They first must conquer the foreign province and then build a Ghal'eh Dokhtar or Dežbār Fortress. All Satrapy units is distinguished by the 'tanish brown shields' as you described. Their unit cards shows only a pict of the shield and a Sassaind sword with a description

Under the esteemed patronage of Ramon Gonzales y Garcia IB and IB2 Mod