Thread: missing unit sounds

Default missing unit sounds

All the new kingdoms units (and old units given to other factions such as English pikemen) have no sounds, a quick look through the sound files and export_descr_sounds_units_voice.txt shows everything seems to be in order, but im still getting mute soldiers :hmmm:

Anything else i should look into?

Default Re: missing unit sounds

Quote Originally Posted by Grunn View Post
    All the new kingdoms units (and old units given to other factions such as English pikemen) have no sounds, a quick look through the sound files and export_descr_sounds_units_voice.txt shows everything seems to be in order, but im still getting mute soldiers :hmmm:

Anything else i should look into?
    Are you referring to the Grand Unit Addon Mod?

If your units are having no sound, it is due to either:
    a) You do not have version 5.4 installed or have modified it in some way. If that's the case, reinstall my mod.
    b) For some reason the batch file didn't run after installation, either you closed the batch file or your computer blocked it. The batch file deletes two files that need to be removed in order for unit sounds to activate. If you have VISTA, it may also have blocked my installer from running the batch file, too. Go into C:\Program Files\SEGA\Medieval II Total War\ and locate the sound_fix.bat file, and double click on it. That will delete the two files and the should should work.

If you're not talking about my mod, then nevermind.

I am using your Grand Unit addon, ran the Batch file and its sorted, thanks.

Excellent.