Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: >>>> Questions and Suggestions Thread <<<<

Default Re: >>>> Questions and Suggestions Thread <<<<

Ok. The thing is that in some mods I have played, ALL units have had their stats changed a lot. For example: peasants were still a lot weaker than knights, but both had their defense values way up and their attack way down, something I just don’t see the point with. Its just confusing.
    If we take the armored sergeant for example. In vanilla his stats is:
    Attack 7
    Defense 14
    But in a mod with “weird” stats he might have:
    Attack 3
    Defense 28

What I wonder is, which of the stats above is he most likely to get in this mod?

well that "method" its very weird, just to not say "unreal" , we've changes but not so radical.... we like to keep balanced, not too much, not too less...
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

Sounds good to to me.

Nice work with Raska .
    Are you going to reskin the other Eastern European factions and get rid of the horrible pointy-hat-garden-gnome units?

in the future, its a possibility.....

also i didn't know mtw2 had gnomes

just look at the peasant units of the Eastern European faction

peasants aren't recruitable in our mod (they're worthless and not very accurate) they only stay in EDU because some units like siege weapons and ships use them as crew !

the preview was excellent!, eps. the map. but I have one question, I can play vanilla MTW2 on huge setting with only a few minor lags, but this mod looks really powerful, is the system requirement in this mod be alot higher than the vanilla one?

well the requirements are the same of vanilla, but of course we've improved the graphical aspects so depending the results are variable, depending the gfx card and ram of each player

The Colonel's Avatar Biarchus

Will the KOJ recieve reinforcements if jerusalem is captured? (i.e. third crusade etc.)

yes, but the reinforcements ill work in a different way, wich ill be a new feature, all i can say is crusades ill not be used on this way, KOJ ill got a unique warfare and command system ...

Zmaj od Noćaja's Avatar Miles

My 1. suggestion is that KoJ must not have a lot of offensive potential, 'cause then it would be possible that they control whole Holy land, even more, and that was impossible...Maybe they should be an emerging faction (just as Principality of Antioch; why should KoJ have the advantage over PoA?) after a succesfull crusade...

2. suggestion: there is a big flaw in all of M2TW mods, and games. They didn't make a kingdom's treasury!!! So, for example, if the Moors have 50000 in gold, and I conquer all of their cities, I don't get the money they had. Where did the money go? All the conquerer gets is from pillaging, but that's not nearly enough... Every kingdom had it's treasury in it's capital city. SO, maybe you should make the treasury building to be present in capital city, so when you capture it you gain let's say 90% of the defender's gold. But also, you can't change the capital if you are under the siege...So, in my opinion, it should take a while to change the residence of your treasury (let's say 5-6 turns..). Of course, all cities (or large cities) should be able to hold the King's treasury...

3. suggestion: Can you make the "kingdom's status upgrading"?? For example, in the begining Raška was Županija, with Župan on it's helm. Later, it changed it's name to Srbija. Srbija was Županija, with Stefan Nemanja (the founder of th Nemanjić dynasty) as Veliki Župan (Great Župan). His son, Stefan Nemanjić was crowned by pope, and Serbia became Kingdom, with Stefan Nemanjić as the first king in Nemanjić's dynasty. SO, can you make that if Raška or any other country, conquers some provinces, and becomes larger and stronger, gets the "crowning" - duke to become king, king to become an emperor, or tzar, which depends on the culture... Tzar or emperor is the highest rank of course, but in France, England, etc, there can't be nothing further than king...

That's all for now, I hope I didn't repeat someone's idea, 'cause I didn't read all of previous suggestions...
    Let me know what you think:hmmm:

My 1. suggestion is that KoJ must not have a lot of offensive potential, 'cause then it would be possible that they control whole Holy land, even more, and that was impossible...Maybe they should be an emerging faction (just as Principality of Antioch; why should KoJ have the advantage over PoA?) after a succesfull crusade...
    well we've moved our start date forward so on the new start date they really control great part of the holy land, but at same time ayyubids under saladin control also have conquered more land, so ayyubids ill start with more land and manpower for sure. (antioch and others settlements above tyre aren't under koj control ...... )

2. suggestion: there is a big flaw in all of M2TW mods, and games. They didn't make a kingdom's treasury!!! So, for example, if the Moors have 50000 in gold, and I conquer all of their cities, I don't get the money they had. Where did the money go? All the conquerer gets is from pillaging, but that's not nearly enough... Every kingdom had it's treasury in it's capital city. SO, maybe you should make the treasury building to be present in capital city, so when you capture it you gain let's say 90% of the defender's gold. But also, you can't change the capital if you are under the siege...So, in my opinion, it should take a while to change the residence of your treasury (let's say 5-6 turns..). Of course, all cities (or large cities) should be able to hold the King's treasury...
    i think this is hardcoded feature :hmmm:

3. suggestion: Can you make the "kingdom's status upgrading"?? For example, in the begining Raška was Županija, with Župan on it's helm. Later, it changed it's name to Srbija. Srbija was Županija, with Stefan Nemanja (the founder of th Nemanjić dynasty) as Veliki Župan (Great Župan). His son, Stefan Nemanjić was crowned by pope, and Serbia became Kingdom, with Stefan Nemanjić as the first king in Nemanjić's dynasty. SO, can you make that if Raška or any other country, conquers some provinces, and becomes larger and stronger, gets the "crowning" - duke to become king, king to become an emperor, or tzar, which depends on the culture... Tzar or emperor is the highest rank of course, but in France, England, etc, there can't be nothing further than king...
    Isn't possible change the factions names without using a slot, for example on kingdoms you can form a kalmar union, but this uses a slot, so you can on the best give some traits, anc's , maybe bonus but you can't change the faction name or status (i.e kingdom of -> empire of ....)

Ok, I'm not a moder, so I don't know a lot about that...But thanks for your answer!

jimmy spong's Avatar Campidoctor

mmmm guys , what does ferrum aeternum means anyway ?

latin: ferrum aeternum / english: eternal iron

one more thing
    i know u will probably pay assasins to track me down and shoot me but ....
    hmmmm Aragon ?

i know that every other mod adds aragon but it was really , an important faction and ca were idiots to exclude it , i mean they were rulers of western mediteranean , and before unification with castille , they were the greatest force on Apennines . even stronger then castille

not to mention their great fleet and dynasties , etc. etc.

and it would spice up spain with 4 factions struggling for existence

portugal , castille aragon and moors on fire !

well i'm sure theres more important factions, but we can't added more than 31 factions, well i can say portugal isn't part of our faction list , so remains spain reinforced with a new iberian ORDER !!

we'll release a beta, (means the mod isn't complete) so depending the feedback, we'll add,remove,replace or improve what is needed

but you can find aragon on the italo-norman's (aka sicily)

but you can find aragon on the italo-norman's (aka sicily)
    those countries were at war

but maybe it is more important balance then factions themselves

beta will say

and please can u tell me what u planned with historical events ? it includes of course heavy scripting

so what events u had in plan ? ideas ?
    Last edited by jimmy spong; September 30, 2008 at 06:44 AM.

For Ataegina here's another suggestion
    - It might be great to have some noble families, who have their "gene" characteristics, aka traits...For example let's say we hawe family 1, f2 and f3. F1 is for example trecheraous, F2 is good at trade and governing, F3 is loyal and good commander skills...So whenever is born a son, there's 50-90% chance that he would get those traits (maybe some charm from princess)...by time or immediatly...It's a bit stupid that some ancillaries reduce loyalty, or give you minor trade bonus, just because you're governing some town. I mean a stupid person wouldn't be a succesfull trader just because he is governing Venice..(he would probably destroy Venice's trading potentials...).
    This is something that was in Europa Barbarorum, which had by far the most interesting traits...(including the Sharp/loyal/Vigorous stuff...). All the other mods have traits with same stuff. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this mod will be something else, some of the greatest stuff I've seen are done here, so why not have the best and different traits?
    I would help you with writing everything about royal families of Serbia, Byzantium, England, France, HRE, Sicily, Spain (Aragon, Castille, Navarra, Leon - whichever), Scotland, Poland, and maybe some more factions...so if you accept this idea, you would only need to copy/paste stuff...What say you Ataegina? PLEEEEASE