Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: In Nomine

Spart's Avatar Senator

Default In Nomine

EU III EXPANSION "IN NOMINE" REVEALED
    While the developers are busy putting their finishing touches on EU: Rome, the team is already thinking ahead and we are thrilled to announce the next expansion for EU III - "In Nomine" (requires Napoleon's Ambition). This is what Producer Johan Andersson had to say about the expansion:

* Start in October 1399, at the coronation of Henry IV of England. Experience over 50 more years of gameplay, experiencing the Byzantine Empire, Tamerlane and the end of the Hundred Years War.

* Se exactly what is required to make the decisions that will shape the future of your country. Strive to create Great Britain, Make Paris worth a Mass, or institute an East Indian Trade Company. Act, rather than react, and implement decisions on both country and province level, with the new decision system, including hundreds of different decisions depending on situation.

* Experience our new Mission System, where the player and AI will both be given goals to achieve, providing endless replayability by guiding history along different tracks every time.

* In Nomine will feature Rebels with a Cause. There are countless types of rebels, with different goals, and different abilities. You may get colonial rebels in your colonies determined to get representation or independence, you may get reactionary nobles rising up to put the serfs back where the belong. Crush them by force, or negotiate with them, or even worse, watch them enforce their demands on your country.

* Religious tolerance now depends on the ideas and decisions you take, making it a new layer of strategy. As cardinals stay loyal longer, the power of the Papa Controller has grown, as he can now excommunicate rulers, and call crusades against infidels.

Revised AI, focusing on strategic top level goals, with support for fully scriptable logics.
    "In Nomine" is scheduled for release before the summer. Head over to our forums if you want to discuss this game.
    Yay! I wasn't even bored with NA yet and the new expansion is under way this spring. What do you think?
    The extra 50 years is nice and all but I'm personally looking forward to those other new features and improvements. Improved AI and rebels.. *drool*
    Member of S.I.N
    Finns to the rescue!

How absurd men are! They never use the liberties they have, they demand those they do not have. They have freedom of thought, they demand freedom of speech.
    -Søren Kierkegaard

Edelward's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: In Nomine

Great
    Hope they get both exp-s working together, type:
    1399-1821

P.S.
    *the power of the Papa Controller has grown, as he can now excommunicate rulers, and call crusades against infidels*.seems to be a bit late for that stuff.
    They'd better worked out the system of Reform with some procent of provinces following your state's convertion -for Protestantism implemented in a very strange way into the game
    Last edited by Edelward; March 05, 2008 at 05:05 PM.
    Fitz Salnarville, Duke William's favourite knyghte,
    To noble Edelwarde his life dyd yielde;
    Withe hys tylte launce hee stroke with thilk a myghte,
    The Norman's bowels steemde upon the feeld.
    Old Salnarville beheld hys son lie ded, 235
    Against Erie Edelward his bowe-strynge drewe;
    But Harold at one blowe made tweine his head;
    He dy'd before the poignant arrowe flew.
    So was the hope of all the issue gone,
    And in one battle fell the sire and son

Lawrence of Arabia's Avatar Citizen

Yay, I can start playing with Iraq 54 years earlier. Excellent.

I like the idea of another expansion though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Empi Rapper View Post
    Go on Farnan, go and help those despicable thugs you call our soldiers to kill some of the poorest people on the planet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Empi Rapper View Post
    Don't you realize that it is a good thing that so many British soldiers have already been killed as punishment for the invasion?

Spart's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Edelward View Post
    Great
    Hope they get both exp-s working together, type:
    1399-1821
    Yeah, that's how it works. The campaigns will be epic.
    Member of S.I.N
    Finns to the rescue!

How absurd men are! They never use the liberties they have, they demand those they do not have. They have freedom of thought, they demand freedom of speech.
    -Søren Kierkegaard

Indefinitely Banned

EDIT: Lol I thought "In Nomine" was the Rome game.

No wonder people were getting off on me....
    Last edited by Banzai!; March 06, 2008 at 02:52 PM.

Banzai, the topic is the expansion for EU3 "In Nomine". You also might find that people are more inclined to take you serious when you refrain from posting with caps-lock on.

The only feature I'm not particularly interested in are the missions. I feel it would detract from the "Grand-Strategy" type of feeling you get when you set your own goals. I'm sure they'll be optional though. The rest sounds pretty cool.
    "Tempus edax rerum." Ovid, Metamorphoses
    Under the patronage of Virgil.

P.S. To White Knights -I really like missions
    ...though it could be a rip off from other strategies,oh dear !
    Last edited by Edelward; March 06, 2008 at 05:26 PM.

Atterdag's Avatar Tro og Håb

When I hear the word "missions" I think of those horrible things in MTW II.

But I love the rebels feature!
    Granted Lettre de Marque by King Henry V - Spurs given by imb39
    Сканија је Данска

عیسی پسر مریم گفت :' جهان است پل ، عبور بیش از آن است ، اما هیچ ساخت خانه بر آن او امیدوار است که برای یک روز ، ممکن است برای ابدیت امیدواریم ، اما ماندگار جهان اما ساعت آن را صرف در دعا و نماز برای استراحت است نهان

All of the Balkans is not worth the bones of a single Pomeranian grenadier.
    Otto von Bismarck

Valentin the II's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Atterdag View Post
    When I hear the word "missions" I think of those horrible things in MTW II.

But I love the rebels feature!
    I remember the "goals" from the first Medieval, those were the dayes.
    Born to be wild - live to outgrow it (Lao Tzu)
    Someday you will die and somehow something's going to steal your carbon
    In contrast to the efforts of tiny Israel to make contributions to the world so as to better mankind, one has to ask what have those who have strived to eliminate Israel from the face of the earth done other than to create hate and bloodshed.

'the player and AI will both be given goals to achieve'
    I really can not play without goal to achieve
    Get more provinces or get some distant province or
    score more points-gives some sense of competition ,challenge
    Otherwise after 1700 I fall asleep

Very nice, I can't wait. Even longer campaigns, excellent. Hopefully it won't take too long until we see a Magna Mundi version for this expansion.

* Se exactly what is required to make the decisions that will shape the future of your country. Strive to create Great Britain, Make Paris worth a Mass, or institute an East Indian Trade Company. Act, rather than react, and implement decisions on both country and province level, with the new decision system, including hundreds of different decisions depending on situation.
    I don't get this. Does this mean some sort of visible in-game event modifiers? :hmmm:

* Experience our new Mission System, where the player and AI will both be given goals to achieve, providing endless replayability by guiding history along different tracks every time.
    Sounds like the EU 2 mission system is back. If so, this would be a unnecessary and worthless feature. Most of the time, the EU 2 missions were unrelated and illogical to the current situation of your empire. I hope this can be turned off.:hmmm:

* In Nomine will feature Rebels with a Cause. There are countless types of rebels, with different goals, and different abilities. You may get colonial rebels in your colonies determined to get representation or independence, you may get reactionary nobles rising up to put the serfs back where the belong. Crush them by force, or negotiate with them, or even worse, watch them enforce their demands on your country.
    Stolen from Magna Mundi, eh? :hmmm:

Revised AI, focusing on strategic top level goals, with support for fully script able logics.
    EU 2's individual script able AI is back.

For anyone that doesnt know what this means:

The idea was posted on the paradox forums some time ago: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=336829
    Sounds awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Aketi View Post
    Stolen from Magna Mundi, eh? :hmmm:
    Magna mndi does not have rebels with a cawse.
    This is a totaly new feature.
    In contrast to the efforts of tiny Israel to make contributions to the world so as to better mankind, one has to ask what have those who have strived to eliminate Israel from the face of the earth done other than to create hate and bloodshed.

Quote Originally Posted by Valentin the II View Post
    The idea was posted on the paradox forums some time ago: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=336829
    Sounds awesome!
    Thank you for the helpful link. So did Paradox admit yet that they picked up the idea from the original proposer? He deserves to get some credit.

Magna mndi does not have rebels with a cawse.
    This is a totaly new feature.
    It is a new feature to vanilla, but as an experienced MM player I immediately felt reminded of MM game play.

In extensive MM campaigns, you'll pretty much go through all of this stuff through events and set_country_flags. Like for example the different civil wars or the noble and peasant uprisings (the latter for example is triggered by extreme serfdom etc.), and much more. You really can crush them by force, or negotiate with them, or watch them enforce their demands on your country. You'll find lots of this stuff in the civil- and total war event pools. Sure we're not able to judge the whole implementation and complexity of the system by now, since we only have this one paragraph of vague information, but the general ideas and a brilliant implementation can be found in MM.

I'm just wondering if Paradox was inspired by the mod, and there's absolutely nothing wrong if that happened. It is implausible that they came up with this on their own, MM always was the biggest and most popular mod on the plaza, and about half of the community plays it. It would be weird if Paradox never took an extensive look at it. If I am correct, Paradox should be honest enough to give the proper credit to the modders.

Fabolous's Avatar Power breeds Arrogance

I'm just wondering if Paradox was inspired by the mod, and there's absolutely nothing wrong if that happened. It is implausible that they came up with this on their own, MM always was the biggest and most popular mod on the plaza, and about half of the community plays it. It would be weird if Paradox never took an extensive look at it. If I am correct, Paradox should be honest enough to give the proper credit to the modders.
    It wouldn't be at all suprising. Paradox has learned and practically stolen from mods before, especially some of the AI work done for HOI2. Paradox has always been community focused, and they pay attention to mods and modders. I'm sure Paradox is more than aware of what makes MM so popular and would probably try to follow that in any way they can that makes sense for them. The increased role of rebels, the increased role of papal controller, excommunication, etc. Alot of the early advertised features are reminiscent of MM.
    tBP knows how to handle a sword. -Last Crusader

Under the Honorable Patronage of Belisarius
    Formerly Under the Patronage of Simetrical
    Proud Patron of Lusted, Rome AC, Solid, and Dirty Peasant

In extensive MM campaigns, you'll pretty much go through all of this stuff through events and set_country_flags. Like for example the different civil wars or the noble and peasant uprisings (the latter for example is triggered by extreme serfdom etc.), and much more. You really can crush them by force, or negotiate with them, or watch them enforce their demands on your country. You'll find lots of this stuff in the civil- and total war event pools. Sure we're not able to judge the whole implementation and complexity of the system by now, since we only have this one paragraph of vague information, but the general ideas and a brilliant implementation can be found in MM.

There might be different cawses for rebelions in Magna Mundi, but when they get out there all rebels act the same.
    I think what this feature means, is that eatch tipe of rebels will get a slightly different AI, so that nationalists will go for provinces with certain cores, fanatics will atack provinces based on religion, etc......
    IMHO its a totally fresh idea that wasn't implemented anywhere (yet).

Quote Originally Posted by Fabolous View Post
    It wouldn't be at all suprising. Paradox has learned and practically stolen from mods before, especially some of the AI work done for HOI2. Paradox has always been community focused, and they pay attention to mods and modders. I'm sure Paradox is more than aware of what makes MM so popular and would probably try to follow that in any way they can that makes sense for them. The increased role of rebels, the increased role of papal controller, excommunication, etc. Alot of the early advertised features are reminiscent of MM.
    My thoughts exactly! Another example that comes to my mind is how Deus Vult pretty much included the exact content of all the improvement mods.

There might be different cawses for rebelions in Magna Mundi, but when they get out there all rebels act the same.
    I think what this feature means, is that eatch tipe of rebels will get a slightly different AI, so that nationalists will go for provinces with certain cores, fanatics will atack provinces based on religion, etc......
    Unless there is some more detailed and explicit information on this feature that I'm not aware of, judging from the one paragraph of vague information, I'd have to say that this is nothing but speculation.

In MM, this actually kind of happens; the matter that rebel armies sometimes do not move to their next logical destinations is simply tricked by spawning rebel armies in all the regions that are affected by the specific reason of the revolt. For example if you are going through a peasant war, every affected province gets one of those neat modifier flags on the left of the province window. Like this one time in my MM Sweden campaign, about 20 of my 30 core provinces got these modifiers and spawned rebels, great fun.

IMHO its a totally fresh idea that wasn't implemented anywhere (yet).
    I strongly disagree. I think the general ideas can be found in MM.

The difference in terms of implementation is that Paradox will definitely put the new basic game mechanics in the hardcoded core of the engine (except for modifiers etc. of course). Modders don't have the possibilities to program individual rebel AI, but they more or less successfully tried to simulate them.

The only thing is that I wish you did not have to buy NA to buy this.

Oh well, finally an excuse to buy NA

Spart's Avatar Senator

Another sneakpeak is here:
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=350496

Seems reasonable.
    Member of S.I.N
    Finns to the rescue!

-Søren Kierkegaard

tco's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Spart View Post
    Another sneakpeak is here:
    http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...d.php?t=350496

Seems reasonable.
    I wonder what spheres of influence are. :hmmm:

John I Tzimisces's Avatar Get born again.

Quote Originally Posted by tco View Post
    I wonder what spheres of influence are. :hmmm:
    Probably works similarly to trade centers, except dependent upon stability and badboy, extending influence over another country will make diplomatic relations better etc etc etc

All speculation on my part.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast