Thread: PKH unit information

wilddog's Avatar Paintedwolves run free

Default PKH unit information

This is under construction but is being set up so I can add links to the threads containing posts about the unit types.

English Cavalry
    Historically the English factions have the advantage over the other British Isles factions in terms of the numbers and quality of knights and other mounted men they could field. This is a situation that is also represented in PKH.

The English Cavalry thread containing screen shots is located at

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showp...87&postcount=1

English Infantry
    Infantry at this time were thought of as second class. Mostly made from the bottom ranks of society or hired mercenaries. However infantry tactics and their different types of troops started to make their mark in this period.

The English Infantry thread containing screen shots is located at

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=152149

Irish Infantry
    The Irish Infantry thread containing screen shots is located at

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=154180

Irish Cavalry
    The Irish cavalry thread containing screen shots is located at
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=161641
    Last edited by wilddog; April 30, 2008 at 02:35 PM. Reason: bold

Default Re: PKH unit information

Updated with link to start of English infantry thread

updated with links to Irish infantry and cavalry threads

I hope your work is always in actuallity. I know that it's very long to mod a game, even more when you change textures. I hope you keep a good motivation cause you've got a very good idea.

@Ashtart - thanks for the comment. We're very much into textures at the moment. Actually redoing a lot of them. Not a problem other than its time consuming. It's still keeping true to the original intent. No change in objective/direction there. Just taking longer mostly tied to me deciding I wanted to change models and textures (and persuading Mak to help ).
    I'm partly learning things and partly changing things as I discover more (historical) things. I'm still trying to keep historically accurate although for example I'm conceding on the textures (for each faction) a bit just so you can tell the factions apart.
    We're going much simpler on the unit textures simply because there isn't the evidence to suggest otherwise, so perhaps not as pretty as some mods but that was never our intent.
    Motivations not an issue to me on this as I really like this era.

The King Of Peasants's Avatar Senator

Thats what I've really liked so far the way your staying simple. Your not trying to make the units look cool rather then realistic!
    "July 14, 2008: I think this is a case where Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae are fundamentally sound. They're not in danger of going under. They're not the best investment these days from a long term standpoint going back. I think they are in good shape going forward. They're in the housing market. I do think their prospects going forward are very solid."
    -Barney Frank

Excellent!