Thread: Kingdom of Poland

Default Kingdom of Poland

I may support you with historical info about Poland. The question is whether you plan to include historical Poland or you rather copy the buggy Polish faction made by CA?

Default Re: Kingdom of Poland

Feel free to support us

We would like make every faction the most historical possible, but we've a very tight limits but we can try of course !!
    Common sense removed due being Disruptive.

OK then, I’m very pleased with the positive spirit and the will for historical accuracy

I may suggest particular solution both for map appearance (main rivers, forests deployment, trade resources, stone forts, settlements – provinces) and set of Polish units.

The questions are:
    1. How many provinces are reserved for Poland and its neighborhood?
    2. How many faction specific units can Poland get?
    3. What are your skills when it comes to unit creation - can you change the whole model?

The regions can edited, but new units, well in max we can re-skin or replace them by better ones, we're working hard in max the edu limit to make possible complete the current factions and the new factions in future....

I bet every modder would like make new units, complete new rich roster for every faction, but CA hardcoded limits, make this impossible.... but who knows in future we make poland better

Just let me know when you meet Poland in your schedule

Cheers!

Cooltosha's Avatar Semisalis

Anyone adressing the historical data about this faction? Most special would their relationship both with their Pagan neighbors such as Lithuania, and their relationship with both Teutonic Knights and HRE. Furthermore, special events should be added concerning the Mongol invasion that could be triggered at the date of late, 1241 (if I remember well) where in a turn most of Poland should be devastated (which means, destroy buildings, kill soldiers and people) and also Teutonic Hochmeister and Polish King should die. Finally, the battle of Tannenberg 1410, should be adressed more. I will start gaining more info on all of this, and I will post what I have.
    Magister Templi Sancti Banani dei pauperes commilitones Kongi Templique Sancti Banani - KONG WILLS IT!
    In Serbia, 90% of people listen to turbo-folk "music". If you are part of the 10% that listen to real music, including metal, put this in your signature
    Obama, your time is up. We're taking our country back from you liberal commies.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooltosha View Post
    Anyone adressing the historical data about this faction? Most special would their relationship both with their Pagan neighbors such as Lithuania, and their relationship with both Teutonic Knights and HRE. Furthermore, special events should be added concerning the Mongol invasion that could be triggered at the date of late, 1241 (if I remember well) where in a turn most of Poland should be devastated (which means, destroy buildings, kill soldiers and people) and also Teutonic Hochmeister and Polish King should die. Finally, the battle of Tannenberg 1410, should be adressed more. I will start gaining more info on all of this, and I will post what I have.

Great any help is welcome!!!
    The House of Wilpuri ~ Proud Patron of: The Noble Lord & Sumskilz

clandestino's Avatar Primicerius

Furthermore, special events should be added concerning the Mongol invasion that could be triggered at the date of late, 1241 (if I remember well) where in a turn most of Poland should be devastated (which means, destroy buildings, kill soldiers and people) and also Teutonic Hochmeister and Polish King should die.
    Most of the Poland was't devastaded by the Mongolians they just passed through the southern part of land, Lesser Poland and Silesia, leaving the rest of the country alone. In battle of Legnice there were no dead Polish kings (the commander of Polish army was in fact Duke Henrik II of Wroclaw and he was killed) and Hochmaisters of Teutonic order, in fact it's disputed that Teutonics have ever participated in battle at all.
    join the light side of the Force: Kosovo is Serbia
    Fight for the creation of new Serbian Empire

== BARBAROGENIVS DECIVILISATOR ==

Some Polish armour:

and some more:

and those famous Winged Husars:
    Last edited by clandestino; September 02, 2008 at 01:33 PM.

They really had those wings !That's cooool
    Косово это Сербия

Developer of Ferrum Aeternum !!!

yes they really had, but i'm afraid they're from a more later period than our time-frame

That's correct, they were first introduced in Poland in 1503.

but they still awesome