Thread: Found Serious CTD Bug and other problems

Naughteous Maximus's Avatar Tiro

Icon13 Found Serious CTD Bug and other problems

Hello JH, the bug I found is serious. I thought it might be a one-time fluke but its not. It seems when playing the Romans in the campaign game, if you capture Ganjak from the Sassanids you will get a CTD soon after. Your ok as long as you leave Ganjak alone. I saved the game shortly after I had conquered it and had a CTD. Everytime I tried to start at where I saved the game, I got a CTD. Luckily I had saved an earlier game so gameplay wasn't affected. Did you know you have 2 cities with the same name? It seems you have a Neapolis in Italy and another one in Palestine. Last thing I noticed, is that when engaged in combat, the Domesticorum Pedites are listed as spearmen, when they are carrying swords; I'm sure they are heavy infantry instead.:hmmm:

Cordially yours,
    NM

julianus heraclius's Avatar The Philosopher King

Default Re: Found Serious CTD Bug and other problems

Thanks for this NM, I've noticed this on the rare occasion with some cities. Not sure what may cause this, possibly a problem with the trait/ancillaries system. May need to talk to Ramon on this one.

Can you possibly upload your saved game so that I can have a look.

Thanks.
    Last edited by julianus heraclius; March 03, 2008 at 03:04 PM.

Here are 2 saved games.

Icon9 Re: Found Serious CTD Bug and other problems

Ah crap, didn't work. JH, how do I send files again?

NM

You need to zip your files, then click on the Go Advanced button at the bottom of your reply. The click on the paper clip icon and follow the instructions to attach your zipped file.

Cheers

Icon13 Re: Found Serious CTD Bug and other problems

Hello JH, Lets see if I get it this time.
    The Julian3 save is what I'm playing at the moment without the bug. Just attack and seize Ganjak and you will get a ctd. The other 2 files I've already taken Ganjak and will probably crash when loading them. If you have no problems at all, this is what I'll do to my computer,

NM

Thanks, I'll check it out. One thing you could do is send in a spy to see if there is a character there and what traits and ancillaries he has. You could also try sending in assassins to kill him, then try and take the city ans see what happens. If you are successful, then that means it is the character.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by julianus heraclius View Post
    Thanks, I'll check it out. One thing you could do is send in a spy to see if there is a character there and what traits and ancillaries he has. You could also try sending in assassins to kill him, then try and take the city ans see what happens. If you are successful, then that means it is the character.

Cheers
    I'll check it out. Thanks!

NM

Hi NM,

I'm pretty sure it was the Sassanid character and one of his traits. I was able to lure him out of the city, then take the city (no CTD), then defeat him (I did use auto resolve just to be on the safeside).

I have come across this problem from time to time and it does seem to be a fault with a trait, which can be virtually impossible to detect. It can happen when conflicting traits have been awarded. Again, best strategy is to isolate the character and kill him by assasination or auot-resolve that particular battle.

BTW, you seem to be the conqueror of the whole world in your game. Very impressive. What settings were you using?

Cheers again.

Quote Originally Posted by julianus heraclius View Post
    Hi NM,

I'm pretty sure it was the Sassanid character and one of his traits. I was able to lure him out of the city, then take the city (no CTD), then defeat him (I did use auto resolve just to be on the safeside).

I have come across this problem from time to time and it does seem to be a fault with a trait, which can be virtually impossible to detect. It can happen when conflicting traits have been awarded. Again, best strategy is to isolate the character and kill him by assasination or auot-resolve that particular battle.

BTW, you seem to be the conqueror of the whole world in your game. Very impressive. What settings were you using?

Cheers again.
    Hello JH, I sent a spy into Ganjak and noticed that even though the city is under Sassanid rule and had a Sassanid general in it, it also, It also had what I believe was the Ostrogoth king Leova in it. I was wondering if that might be the problem. I haven't yet been successful in assasinating him yet. I'm playing VH/H. The key to success if you want to know, is reducing your army,and navy in key areas to reduce your deficit. I pretty much deleted my entire navy except for the cheapest ships. In the Army, I removed all the
    cavalry in the west and in Africa and all the inferior cavalry in the east except those units that can deal death to the Sassanids. I made a few purchases with the $45,000 and never once did I go into debt. I just gradually built up my infra-structure slowly turn by turn. I now make around $100,000 per-turn.

Dux_Zeugma's Avatar Civis

It's a wonderful mod...but IJ2 is too buggy

Quote Originally Posted by Dux_Zeugma View Post
    It's a wonderful mod...but IJ2 is too buggy

Have you installed the patch V2.01a?

Dux_Zeugma's Avatar Civis

I have re-install RTW-BI + IJ2 and IJ 2.01 and...it's OK
    No bug...at this time..

Very nice Job Julianus.!

Quote Originally Posted by Dux_Zeugma View Post
    I have re-install RTW-BI + IJ2 and IJ 2.01 and...it's OK
    No bug...at this time..

Very nice Job Julianus.!
    Great to here. You may find you get some CTD's on loading screens. This has been attributed to the quotes files. They can be random, some people get lots, some only a few and some not at all.

If they start to bug you just delete them.

Cheers