Thread: How to engineer the Fall of the City Rome ?

Default How to engineer the Fall of the City Rome ?

Been playing rome total war since it first came out.
    Atm running Total war eras.......... which is a bummer because i can play the other factions.

I play on VH/h 90% of the time.

How to make Rome fall so i can sweep in and take Rome in early game ?
    I tryed Julii build there two cities to teir 4 most of the miltary upgrades. then pull out of them and let Gaul sweep them.
    That being doing they went straight for Bruttii and and finally took there two starting towns.

Have turtle the scrippii after taking Silicy and not moving off once/ and Still rome stands.

Any ideas how to get rome fall ?

1. oddly enough Carthage always get it but kicked. not even a threat.

2. if Scrippii takes abannons Messna and takes apollina. the Bruti will use the Scrippii attack plan. thus reversing the faction goals.

3. repeated made war with brits. but they suck up to gaul for a long time. and they fight germania. which is of no help.

4. Germina is busy fighting brits most of the time. thus cannot depend on them to attack the romans.

5. Dacia ? lol they not worth mention........because of the thracians

6. i Run Rome total war : Eras vannilla i do not like using mods.
    Reason just fun to watch 10 units of zerkers clear the stone wars of cities.

Xavier Dragnesi's Avatar Esse quam videre

Default Re: How to engineer the Fall of the City Rome ?

I have no idea what you are talking about. Can you please refine your English?

Playing a Roman faction on the setting VH/H during a Imperial Campaign
    How Can you trick or force the other FACTIONS that are Non-Roman to SACK Rome ?

Xavier Dragnesi's Avatar Esse quam videre

Oh right. I have no idea. I suppose if you had enough money, you could get a diplomat and ask them to attack SPQR in exchange for some money. But the AI usually either:
    1. Doesn't do much against it
    2. Takes a long time to do it.
    But otherwise, I can think of no other alternative as to how to do it apart from capturing it yourself. It's not really that hard.
    Just get two stacks of armies and leave about 2 or 3 spaces for mercenaries. Move one army to face Rome from north, and the other from south (or east and west if you prefer), and attack it. Put the one army on AI mode, and then command the other. This way, Rome's forces will be split between two walls. Just attack with a ram, a few ladders and a siege tower or two, and you should be good. But remember to build siege equipment for the other army also. They don't build automatically.

Your right paying faction to attack the senate is not worth the trouble.
    Thought it be Cool to Roll out 9 units of first cohorts Before 250 BC.
    As for sacking the Senate yea they easy fight.
    againest the senate normally i Roll out 9 late legionares , 3 archers, 4 horse , 1 or 2 Generals.
    Same style stack i use to clear the map with Romans.

Thanks for trying anyways

I think the Roman families are the only ones that are supposed to sack rome, might be possible for other factions though not sure

I have been playing Rome for 3 years and only once I saw that Romans lost town-Gauls took Arretium from Julii.I couldn't believe what I saw but in few turns Julii recaptured it.For me that was the eighth Wonder of the world.Some AI faction in normal condition to sack Rome-IMPOSSIBLE.Only possible with heavy cheating or using scripts.

ya script like five big armies in rome, make that faction hate the spqr and well you wont see the spqr... again.

I seen all of Italy fall befall the gaul. leaving only Rome herself and Capua.
    thu it did not last long and that was before 200 bc.
    Thanks for the help i try the scripters.

^Gr8^Xander's Avatar Miles

If it's only for the First Cohorts you can always mod them so you can recruit them anywhere.

(go to your rtw folder, then to data, and open export_descr_buildings. Search for First or something and remove the ''and hidden_resource rome'' behind the recruit line for first cohorts.)

can whover started this thread show pictures of the fall?

Has not fallen yet.
    just a goal that i Have.

Primicerius

I've never been able to get Rome to fall by an AI faction. Roman factions are just way to powerful, CA completely underdid the rest of the factions, so the Romans just cream everyone else. It happens in mods sometimes.

The way I see it, you'd have to finance the Gauls big time, and send in military support (being a Romans faction, get outlawed, then ally with Gaul and help them, but don't take any cities yourself).

That a Idea i try tonight.
    gave the Greeks the two bottom cities and the built two full stacks and was making way to blue peoples. when Macadion broke there allaince and the Greek pull those two stack to fight them.
    Soon after the Red peoples and the blue peoples drove them out Italy.

Keep the ieas a coming. i work them out on the map a few times to just to see Rome or italy fall.

as far as I know, hastati, principes etc (and other roman units) have a massive auto-resolve bonus, just like gladiators and mainly chariots.

if you auto-resolve vs brit chariot generals its possible that you lose 1000 men of finest infantry guys to just that stupid general lol

Quote Originally Posted by SuNL1ghT View Post
    as far as I know, hastati, principes etc (and other roman units) have a massive auto-resolve bonus, just like gladiators and mainly chariots.

if you auto-resolve vs brit chariot generals its possible that you lose 1000 men of finest infantry guys to just that stupid general lol
    Yea Once Ten general with 18 principes silver and bronze up upgrades

vs 2 brit generals was a total defeat.

Where i fought the battle manualy and Won.

So i guess even highly skilled Generals cannot the Chariot bonus.

As far try to get the Brit to attack Roman. it takes almost 100 years for that to happen.

Mainly do to the allaince they form with Gaul and Spain.