Thread: Merchant bug

Tooz's Avatar Libertus

Icon4 Merchant bug

Just installed BC plus the patch. Looks great. Here's my problem: whenever I cursor over a tradeable good image (mines, dyes, timber etc.,) no trade value appears. When I move my Merchant on top of these images I hear the "trade established good master" voiceover but when I right click on the merchant no trade value is being depicted. "Earning 21 florins..." I see nothing.
    I had a similar problem with a Kingdoms mod which was fixed by unpacking. My MTWII is already unpacked. Any help? Hard to win without active merchants.

Default Re: Merchant bug

I had this problem only once playing as the salinki Rahjput, but only with them, if i remember that right, have not seen it since

i had the same problem look under your financial stuff u will see merchant trade they work right. they only not show how the ressource worth

annoying but still playable u should reinstall if u want to get rid of it

Tooz's Avatar Libertus

Now I notice that I am missing some text: End Battle/Continue; Wait, Deployment. Looks like I have to install/ununstall? Bummer...

Tooz's Avatar Libertus

Where was this thread moved?

Tooz's Avatar Libertus

AH! Here I am! Really don't want to do a clean uninstall/reinstall because I have a messy Sega folder with nine (!) mods installed. These all work properly except for this one. Help!

i have the same prob... its a text description somewhere but i cant find the bastard!

flannk's Avatar Civis

Already found the solution? I have exactly the same problem and I installed a fresh copy of BC with 1.05 patch and all the fixes that were posted in the same thread as where patch 1.05 is released.

flannk's Avatar Civis

I found a solution:
    I took all the files from the data\text folder from another MOD and put them in there without overwriting any text files. So all original Broken Crescent files were not overwritten and any missing text files were copied.
    I made a ZIP file of the data\text folder as it is now, so you could extract this ZIP folder into your own data\text folder without overwriting and it should be okay.

1) Go to your broken_crescent\data\text folder and delete all the .BIN files that are in there.
    2) Take my beautifully created ZIP file and unzip it into your program file\Medieval II Total War\broken_crescent\data\text folder WITHOUT OVERWRITING
    OR
    Take the data\text folder of any other MOD (or maybe the vanilla Medieval II game) and copy it into the broken_crescent\data\text folder WITHOUT OVERWRITING ANYTHING
    3) Make sure there are NO .BIN files in this broken_crescent\data\text folder, if so just delete them, they will be made at the start of your broken_crescent savegame or new game.

This procedure is fully save game compatible.
    Last edited by flannk; April 19, 2010 at 04:49 PM.

Don't know if it has been said but some trades are not working. Two "blue trades" (don't remember the name) are not working cuz you can't send a merchant to them, there is no place for the merchant to start trading. It is in northern India, close to the The Ghorid Emirate.