Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: [Dev-Report] Chivalry I : Previews & Progress

Pompeius Magnus's Avatar primus inter pares

Default Re: New ancillaries (titles) for Chivalry

sorry. our sources are different and I think we are more accurat. the titles you mention were only given for some years.
    "diseos" and "anatolis" were so called "exile-titles" and don`t reflect the time frame of 160 years.

they are perfectly 100% accurat. I also spend some hours in reading history books concerning the eastern Romans.
    Title-names changed sometimes 4 times in 100 years, however, the meaning was the same.
    BTW: read the title-desccription.

It is the same like in the late antique, isn't it? (Pompeius?)

Anyway: Pompeius, you made a great job. I love it.
    Last edited by Coni; July 16, 2008 at 10:21 AM.

Hi, Coni.
    That what you said is doubtless correct.
    We find titles as Magister equitum et peditum, means the same like magister utriusque militae or magister militum praesentalis. The greatest Domestikos was titled as "Megas". But this job became too much for one person.

So the title became divided. Due to the fact that all regional field armies became settles (as themes) this title was a typically "theme-title". And this has nothing to do with the scholae.
    That's all.
    For some years (or from time to time) the titles were named as diseos and anatolis. But that's not representative for our time frame.

And it is highly doubtfull that we find 2 domestikoi of the scholae in our Chivalry time frame. ;-)
    Last edited by Pompeius Magnus; July 16, 2008 at 10:34 AM.

that's exactly what I read now in Treadgold's book "Byzantium and its armies".
    Thank you Pompey.
    That's also the reason why I'm always happy that you are making such historical researchment and not somebody else

The Chivalry team is more and more sympathic

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

This mod will be the most accurate!!!
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

It was always the most accurate medieval game ( otherwise Basileios and PM wouldn't have had joined the team ) and thanks to both, it even gets more accurate and enriched with nice stuff
    Just kidding, but the mod is developed now over more than 2,5 years, and countless people researched/consulted/developed/improved the design ... and you can work on such a game for a life if you want, to get it actually historical accurate without to destroy the gameplay components and all this while you have to consider the engine limits.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    It was always the most accurate medieval game ( otherwise Basileios and PM wouldn't have had joined the team )
    well said

GreatOne's Avatar Ordinarius

Nemanja became Veliki Zupan, or Grand Zupan/Prince if you prefer it, and it happened before 1200's can't remember when exactly, alsi since I didn't see the Chiv map in this version, is there a region of Serbia/Rascia with main city Ras.It was the most powerful state of the serbian states in the early 1100's and before that.You could get the Title of Veliki Zupan if you conquer Ras, and some other cities that should be there(Ras + 1-2 or just Ras) to complete Serbian early state, and then stay for a turn or two in Ras to be declared a Veliki Zupan.And BTW Dubrovnik wasn't a Slav state, at least I remember it being so.....It waged a lot of wars against Serbia under Nemanjic dynasty....

Patrician Artifex

Title of Veliki Zupan if you conquer Ras
    is available
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Aaaaarrrghhhh, I'm now resisting the urge to go 10 miles west of where i live to spend 2 hours downloading Chiv 0.98, getting back home for another 45 mins of driving in a hot bus and installing 0.98

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by GreatOne View Post
    Aaaaarrrghhhh, I'm now resisting the urge to go 10 miles west of where i live to spend 2 hours downloading Chiv 0.98, getting back home for another 45 mins of driving in a hot bus and installing 0.98
    To get the Zupan anc, you must play Hungaria or Italians or Sicily (also for the Rus possible).

then hurry up!!!
    and read carefully the list in post 1. A lot of things are included.

jermagon's Avatar Domesticus

Great stuff indeed Pompeius +rep.
    but I have a question about the Muslim Ancys,is it possible to add the ''wali'' trait -which means governor to be equivalent to the ''come'' or count titles??
    and check these pics,hope they are usefull http://rapidshare.com/files/12869344...ancys.rar.html
    Last edited by jermagon; July 18, 2008 at 07:06 PM.

George Galloway ''You don't give a damn !!!!!!!!''

I read first post, and there is no "Veilki Zupan" trait included, the one included was Zupan, and it said you must capture Dubrovnik to get it, which may be true, but I don't think so, since Dubrovnik was an independent state until Napoleon captured it in 1806, if i remember correctly, plus it wasn't a slav state, so I don't think they used balkan slav titles.Veliki Zupan existed , and it was first received by Stefan Nemanja in some 1150-60s or something above.Before that there were Zupans that were local lords of the land, and they fought between themselves for the Veliki Zupan title, which Nemanja achieved before all others.

I've been thinking, can traits/ancillaries be replaced as the time goes, so that in 1217, Veliki Zupan becomes King of Serbia, but that's after your mod ends, but you can do this to some other states.You can maybe give lords that have some balkan lands titles of Zupan, and after certain lord achieves some goal, such as conquering some regions, he receives title of Veliki Zupan.And all other lords are stripped of their Zupan titles.Again, this can also be used for other countries.

Patrician Artifex

Look here
    {Dubrovnik} Raška
    The term in clamps is the used settlement code only, so don't worry about "Dubrovnik"

indeed. It is Raska. I will change that in the 1st post.
    @Great One
    your suggestion is good so far. I have nothing against it. But at the moment I think we can live very good with our "strong-local-Zupan".
    Beside that: such a procedure makes only sense in my eyes if we had a faction called Serbia. However, we haven't!
    In this case I don't change anything next time.

It could represent the fighting between local lords for power, it could have been Croatians if they had won, it could have been anyone that would use the title.You could use this to represent HRE local lords fighting for the title of Emperor, or Viziers and Grand Vizier, or Caliphs, but I'm not very familiar with muslim titles.You could use this to represent the dividing of the land between feudal lords, as it was in France, and many other feudal countries.

BTW which faction replaced Novgorod?

again: no changings at the moment because it is good as it is now.

and concerning Novgorod:this is totally off topic here. Please ask those questions in the general threads or download the mod.

Ah.Ok I will

new ancys (and titles) added. see end of post 1 and end of post 2.
    (religious Patriarchs + Cuman-items)