Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cvria Ivlia, Consulate of Corvinvs/Triarivs (II)

Default Re: Cvria Ivlia, Consulate of Corvinvs/Triarivs

am i allowed to vote on this matter?

Kritias's Avatar Petite bourgeois

OOC: X legion, we must vote anyway to override a veto. Point is that the veto in this occasion was a bit out of place and that is why Winter wants it overridden.

IC: "Yes, Lepide; we can proceed with the vote on veto override. This motion will run for at least a day before closed and needs 6 positive votes to pass. Until this vote is resulted, no action will take place in Sicily.

Motion to override Tribunal Veto
    Yeah II - Nay N"

EDIT: Yeah, X legion, you are allowed. this is a Republic after all!
    Under the valued patronage of Abdülmecid I

As v equestris came up to the stand he had a sad look:
    i vote that my veto shall be removed. I am resigning from my position as i dont have enough expierience as i see to mantain in politics now. I will regain my military career for now and all i ask is that i may control my beloved tenth legion.

Xavier Dragnesi's Avatar Esse quam videre

I also vote that the tribunal veto be overridden. Yeah III, Nay N.

As for the situation in Sicily, I think that we should try to crush the Syracusans on Sicily, then we have a good foothold on which to advance against Carthage. To aid this move, I suggest that me should add one more army to the forces that our Senior Consul will (hopefully) be able to command.

Caesar Rex's Avatar Campidoctor

i vote that my veto shall be removed. I am resigning from my position as i dont have enough expierience as i see to mantain in politics now. I will regain my military career for now and all i ask is that i may control my beloved tenth legion.
    From the back benches senator Labienus rises...

May I speak Princep Senatus...

This is truly a sad day for Rome when we are forcing a tribune out of office by not allowing him to voice his opinion. Remember his is the voice of the people and not to be swayed by this august body in any way. His veto is sacred and you are stripping it away to leave him bare. Should he have decided he could not even mention his reason or decsion and take the matter straight to the people. If they supported him in his ideals we could have another demagogue but that senators is not what we have here. Here we have a fine young man trying to have this august body see what he see's.
    Co-Founder and Leader at Clan Dream (Multi-National Online Gaming Community)

Voice Chat @ Discord

Brutus didn't like how this trivial affair was going to. He stood up and said:

"Equestris, it is not that we need you out of office, never mind the legality of such desire, but we need to see the sacred right of veto used wisely. You vetoed a motion to send the Consul, the highest army commander we have, in a warzone and asked to send instead a Proconsul or Governor do the fighting. While your feelings are genuinely democratic,since you are afraid that the Consul will have too much power, I must press the matter that this is not something outside his own powers. The Senior Consul has the obligation to be ahead of the armed forces, whether in peace or war time -- we have no constitutional right to deny Corvinus his Imperium.

That said, I urge you to retain your position and further, I propose Senator Equestris for Proconsul of Sardinia and Corsica. You need some experience in politics and a peaceful proconsulship will give you this experience!"

OOC: Candidacies thread opened, lads!

Senator Equestris,

We're all young and inexperient once. Stay with your duties and learn.

Fidelius
    "Romans not only easily conquered those who fought by cutting, but mocked them too. For the cut, even delivered with force, frequently does not kill, when the vital parts are protected by equipment and bone. On the contrary, a point brought to bear is fatal at two inches; for it is necessary that whatever vital parts it penetrates, it is immersed. Next, when a cut is delivered, the right arm and flank are exposed. However, the point is delivered with the cover of the body and wounds the enemy before he sees it."

- Flavius Vegetius Renatus (in Epitoma Rei Militari, ca. 390)

I agree with Decimus Brutus. Senator Equestris should be sent to Sardinia and Corsica. Should do you well, fellow senator.

OOC: What does OOC mean again? I've forgotten. Out of context?

Out Of Character: I have bold out the initials, mate!

Maxinius Scipio's Avatar Decanus

Consvl Corvinvs, feeling awful after hearing Tribune Equestris' resignation, stands to speak:

"If Senator Equestris is absolutely sure he's resigning, then I say that he should become the Proconsul of Sardinia and Corsica. Even though he hasn't been Consul yet, I feel that we can make an exception for a man with such a high amount of military experience and prestige."

ooc: I'm confused as to how it's been a week already and we haven't really made any changes to the save game. :hmmm:
    Gnaevs Theodosivs Festvs(49), Senator of Rome!
    Praefectus Praetorio Italiae
    Fallaces sunt rerum species. (Appearances are deceptive) - Seneca
    Titles Held: Senatore Romani, Eqves, Paters Familias, Praefectus
    Praetorio Italiae

Winter's Avatar Civitate

There was supposed to be a campaign in sicily...

Anyway, I'm sure we'll get some action next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Jeb View Post
    Hah, you're always so helpful to threads Winter. No wonder you got citizen!

Brutus addresses the Consul:

"Yes Consul, you are correct to bring up the legality of this nomination. However, since we currently have no takers for Sardinia and Corsica, as you well know, I believe we can handle to make an exception this time and let any magistrate willing to assume command of the Proconsulship."

OOC: I know, weird isn't it? Well, that will change from the next term -- I'll hopefully step in as Junior Consul to guide the Senate from the start!

Winter's Avatar Civitate

I see no reason to make the senator Pro Consul of the Islands. His Military experience could be useful in planning strategies here at home. I reiterate my support for the nomination of (insert Voltaire's name here) should he accept.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    I see no reason to make the senator Pro Consul of the Islands. His Military experience could be useful in planning strategies here at home. I reiterate my support for the nomination of (insert Voltaire's name here) should he accept.
    For Pro-Consul of the islands, Tribune?
    "Romans not only easily conquered those who fought by cutting, but mocked them too. For the cut, even delivered with force, frequently does not kill, when the vital parts are protected by equipment and bone. On the contrary, a point brought to bear is fatal at two inches; for it is necessary that whatever vital parts it penetrates, it is immersed. Next, when a cut is delivered, the right arm and flank are exposed. However, the point is delivered with the cover of the body and wounds the enemy before he sees it."

Winter's Avatar Civitate

I meant Corsica and Sardinia of course. And yes, I feel that you would make a good governor with your long history of senate experience.

ooc: (and the fact that you currently don't have a job )

Yes, Tribune. I'm affraid you're right. I've been stewing on my estates for too long, time to see some true Roman action!

If I'm not that old and obsolete, mind you that we need a successful military campaign to snatch the islands from those barbarian hordes, whatever holds them, for I don't remember exactly. I'm affraid my political campaigns will keep me away from the battlefield, for now...

CK23's Avatar Campidoctor

Tiber spoke out towards the conversation of Sicily..

"Someone with much Military experience should and must be placed there if we can't deal with the Imminent threat. Someone like Equestrius would do fine as it seems his record is mighty hefty in Military knowledge..."

"Wouldn't the X benefit from the return of their General? Morale would be high and would could easily send them on their way to crush mostly anything we send them towards..."

"Senators, let us not forget that currently the isles are well garrisoned and under complete Roman rule. I dare say that appointing Fidelius as a Proconsul in the isles is indeed unnecessary and way below his experience. On the other hand, Equestris is still learning the drills, since he has just be promoted on Senatorial status, and could use the experience in governing Corsica and Sardinia later in his career. I strongly suggest that we let Equestris take this post after the term is done..."

Quote Originally Posted by Fabius Maximus View Post
    "Senators, let us not forget that currently the isles are well garrisoned and under complete Roman rule. I dare say that appointing Fidelius as a Proconsul in the isles is indeed unnecessary and way below his experience. On the other hand, Equestris is still learning the drills, since he has just be promoted on Senatorial status, and could use the experience in governing Corsica and Sardinia later in his career. I strongly suggest that we let Equestris take this post after the term is done..."
    Oh, they're already garrisoned ? Forgive me, it's just I have been away from political news for some time.

But if nobody runs, I'll be glad to accept this position.

Quintus Marius Parthicus stands and asks respectfully:

Senior Consul, would you care to add an update of what is going on at the moment (i.e. an updated save file)? As a censor, it is my duty to check out our financial status and make a report of them. Thank you.

OOC: Does the censor stay in office until he is reappointed? Or is there a new censor every consular term?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast