Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cvria Ivlia, Consulate of Corvinvs/Triarivs (II)

Kritias's Avatar Petite bourgeois

Default Re: Cvria Ivlia, Consulate of Corvinvs/Triarivs

Brutus interrupts the Tribune:

"Since the elected Junior Consul is away from the Senate for far too long, neglecting his duty to the Republic, I move a vote of NO CONFIDENCE against the Junior Consul. If he doesn't show in this sacred chamber in the following hours (I propose until tomorrow; in mid-term), we will begin new elections, here in the Senate, to replace him.

Further, if the Senior Consul concurs, I am willing to step in to the position of Princeps Senatus until a new Junior Consul is sworn or the active one returns so that the processions of the Senate can begin again.

Finally, I am willing, with joy, to accept the governorship of Corsica and Sardinia if you are all agreed."
    Under the valued patronage of Abdülmecid I

How many southern legions do we have at our disposals and what legions are they? I was once commanding the tenth legion. They are some fine young fighters. Let them be the shock legion and victory is assured.

Maxinius Scipio's Avatar Decanus

Consvl Corvinvs looks down at the floor with a puzzled look on his face. Why would a Consvl of the Republic not be in the Senate Halls to lead his nation? After a long moment of silence from Consvl Corvinvs, he then speaks:

"Well, if I am allowed to, I appoint Praetor Brvtvs as Princeps Senatus. I will immediately send one of my slaves with a message to a certain Senator who I believe is worthy of being Censor. If he accepts the offer, I'll announce his appointment to the office as soon as possible."
    Gnaevs Theodosivs Festvs(49), Senator of Rome!
    Praefectus Praetorio Italiae
    Fallaces sunt rerum species. (Appearances are deceptive) - Seneca
    Titles Held: Senatore Romani, Eqves, Paters Familias, Praefectus
    Praetorio Italiae

Brutus smiles to these news and says immediately:

"Excellent. Since I am Princeps then, I firstly close the following vote:

MOTION I: THE SANITATION PROGRAM.
    Bath houses should be constructed in every city in Italy.
    Yeah VII - Nay N
    The vote is passed with clear numbers."

equestris calmly stood up and said:
    the people are pleased to hear this and cant wait to live longer and feel healthier. Maybe i see, this generation is generous to my plebes.

I propose a motion for the vote:

" The senior Consul shall have full Imperium over all Sicilian legions to drive out the Greeks and Carthiginians."
    Consvl Corvinvs jumps up from his seat to speak:

"Please, esteemed and noble Princeps, allow us to vote on this motion so I may utterly crush the forces of Syracuse in the name of Rome."
    Praetorio Italiae

MOTION II: UNIFICATION OF SICILY LEGISLATION
    " The senior Consul shall have full Imperium over all Sicilian legions to drive out the Greeks and Carthaginians."

YEAH II -- NAY N
    "The above motion is open for voting; if opposition is heard, the vote process will stop to debate the legislation and amend it of necessary." said Brutus after the plea from the Senior Consul.

OOC: Winter, I assume that you vote "yes" since you are the one presenting the legislation, correct?

Winter's Avatar Civitate

Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Jeb View Post
    Hah, you're always so helpful to threads Winter. No wonder you got citizen!

As V. Equestris rose to the podium he was in a sorrow mood. He presented himself like this:
    I am deeply sorry that my counterpartner who is supposed to support the plebes is pitching a vote to insult the very men who got into this office. I have nothing againgst our great senior consul but the plebes cant trust one mans decisions and dont want to be led by one man in a region. If we are to conquer Sicily for one, we cant have only one army and slowly conquer one region, while letting the others gain strength. Two, this is letting a man become close to one of our dreaded kings, why should we have a republic if our southern forces are in control of one man. If we send out legions under different commanders, one defeat doesnt matter because its only part of the force, but if we are defeated when the army is one, we have to regain strength to go back conquering. If we send out legions to different areas we can conquer quickly and desicevly. The plebes are in for this democracy that makes up rome. When my valiant tenth was in my command, they loved me and i had to persuade them to get a new legate. Respect for legates commanding them- the only commander- is what makes legions strong. I firmly veto this action and urge all senators who have rome's will in mind to veto it also.
    Yeah II Nay I

Winter's Avatar Civitate

Tribune Lepidus stands.

This is an outrageous accusation. Of course the legions will have seperate commanders, but the Consul will be there to oversee the operation! And if you choose to read the motion you just vetoed, his imperium extends only to the operations in Sicily, so he doesn't have to ask us every time he wishes to siege a town!

Tribune, your veto has put our war effort at risk.

Therefore:

"I motion that we override the previous veto."

I do not take this power of the senate lightly, but this is the situation that it was designed for. I ask the Princeps to open the floor for debate ASAP.

we arent thinking of the people here. Many men may die because commands cant be made in time because legions were waiting for orders. I suggest that we may make a military tribune in charge of this, or a proconsul so that a very expierienced commander can be in command at least.
    ooc- a military tribune can be someone that lost the election.

Winter's Avatar Civitate

Tribune, do you have such little faith in our Consul? Why do you feel he cannot handle himself, the senate elected him and that should be enough to allow him to do his duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Princeps Brutus
    Finally, I am willing, with joy, to accept the governorship of Corsica and Sardinia if you are all agreed
    Perhaps we should assign someone without such a vital role, Princeps. Perhaps the as of yet unoccupied senator Claudius Fidelius, if he accepts? (Voltaire)
    Last edited by Winter; February 27, 2008 at 06:54 PM.

i am more than fine with the current consul and i feel he runs the empire well but i think that the best commanders should get command of the sicilian legions.

Winter's Avatar Civitate

empire
    Republic
    i am more than fine with the current consul and i feel he runs the empire well but i think that the best commanders should get command of the sicilian legions.
    Enough. The Consul has given us no reason for his dismissal and I will not support any motion to do so unless the need should arise. And I doubt it will.

Consvl Corvinvs, in an outrage, glares at Tribune Equestris and speaks in an angry tone:

"Tribune, how dare you compare me to Etruscan tyrants! Ever since the last king was driven out, it has been the Consuls' duties to lead and supervise the legions during every single war. Just because I want to finish this war quickly and eliminate this threat before it escalates doesn't mean I want to become a king. And, I have plenty of military experience. Every man here does. It is every man's duty to serve in the military for ten years before they can run for a political office. We all have been Military Tribunes before. Unless, of course, you wouldn't know this because you lie about your long military service to Rome."

ooc: Sorry if I seem mean.
    Last edited by Maxinius Scipio; February 27, 2008 at 07:12 PM.
    Praetorio Italiae

Quote Originally Posted by Winter View Post
    Republic
    Enough. The Consul has given us no reason for his dismissal and I will not support any motion to do so unless the need should arise. And I doubt it will.
    i think he is a great senior consul, (you are missing my point) but i think a different commander, one who doesnt have politics involved also and a government to run to do it.
    ooc - senor consul- you dont sound mean and i just thought it would be nice if the people who lost got some action.
    Im sorry if this sounds rude but Winter im allowed to veto, arent we playing rome style? Tribunes of the Plebes didnt have to worry about being overwrited.

Winter's Avatar Civitate

Quote Originally Posted by From the Constitution, Article one
    -Should the Senate feel that a Tribune is using his power in an inappropriate manner, the may override the tribune's veto with a 3/4 non abstaining vote.
    OOC: Please don't take any of this personally, this is our characters fighting, not us

ooc- forgot that. I dont take it to my heart in a role playing game. I wouldnt feel bad if you assassinated me here. (well i would miss playing as my original charachter)
    back to charachter- i would say that senior consul if anything should be up north dealing with the barbarians that could be plotting against us. The moral bonus would be huge and after all we cant win the world without defending ourselves.

Winter's Avatar Civitate

We're already at war...

thats why our senior consul should be up north.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast