Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: the muslims with the crusaders.

Default the muslims with the crusaders.

why dont u guyz list what u have of battles that muslims and crusaders fought together.
    i already got two
    -- battle of "tal al-oghol"
    crusaders, Damascus VS Egypt
    the crusaders of the coastal cities and as-salih ismail, VS as-salih ayyub
    13th century
    victory of Egypt

as-salih ismail made a contract with crusaders to fight with him against his nephew for homs & halab. and some other coastal cities, and allowed them to buy weapons from damascus.

--battle of ain jalut
    Egypt (mamluks) vs mongols
    saif ad-din qutuz Vs kitbuqa
    1260 ad
    victory of Egypt

sultan qutuz in his way to ain jalut, Arce send him reinforcements of its best crusaders to fight with him against the infidel mongols.

what u have guyz?!

Radiso-FIN's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: the muslims with the crusaders.

Battle of Kerak, I dont remember date, but Saladin lead muslims
    EDIT: Lol I remembered even the battle name wrong, it was Hattin 1187
    Last edited by Radiso-FIN; April 24, 2008 at 07:52 AM.

Tiro

I didnt understand this post at all - what is it to do with the game?

Did he mean to add the maps/game of muslim world into medieval II game?

Sooo confused :hmmm:

i mean the battles that crusader and muslims fought with each other against other nation. "the battles that they were allies".

Tiro

you mean those battles should be added into a custom/history battle area of the game?

Egypt was lucky vs the mongols. It was a Mongol scout party not an entire Army. jeez
    "He who controls the past controls the future.’ (George Orwell)

so why did they flee back to there country?!

Quote Originally Posted by Ambiorix_thijs View Post
    Egypt was lucky vs the mongols.
    The Mamluks.

Also guys, if you are talking about historical battles, visit the forum about history

if these are battles you have played on your game, visit the forum about battles or the battle planning subforum.
    Last edited by Pontifex Maximus; April 24, 2008 at 04:23 PM.

Trajan's Avatar Capodecina

Is this thread about real battles that took place or battles in the game? For now, I'll move this to Battle Planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Trajan View Post
    Is this thread about real battles that took place or battles in the game? For now, I'll move this to Battle Planning.
    I always know

Quote Originally Posted by HunterKiller View Post
    i mean the battles that crusader and muslims fought with each other against other nation. "the battles that they were allies".
    He speaks the truth. During a crusade that following a French army, commanded by Charles the Great, (also known as Charlemagne, and if you don't know who he is then don't bother asking,) the muslims fought with great chivalry. (Charlemagne was unhorsed, and upon hearing this, one of the muslim king's sent Charlemagne two of his best horses, and declared whoever of the muslim soldiers killed Charlemagne while he was unhorsed was to be hanged. And after all of this Charlemagne's forces ended up winning the battle and pushed the muslim's back.)

So the European countries that were in the crusade brought home wondrous stories of the muslim's chivalry, and even began to admire them, leading to trading, and they even fought together in a few wars.

Just my two cents.

Sorry if this has already been said, didn't bother reading the previous posts due to laziness this morning.

Indefinitely Banned

Battle of La Forbie: The Ayyubid Sultan and his Khwarezmian mercenaries fought against a coalition of KoJ and local rebel Muslim Ayyubid princes and emirates.

There is also an important but little documented battle called the Battle of Akhlat that took place in ~1230. It pitched the last remnants of the Khwarezm Shah against a coalition of Antioch, Rum Turks, Cilician Armenians and some other Turkish princes.

This should be in the VV.
    Last edited by Miraj; April 25, 2008 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miraj View Post
    There is also an important but little documented battle called the Battle of Akhlat that took place in ~1230. It pitched the last remnants of the Khwarezm Shah against a coalition of Antioch, Rum Turks, Cilician Armenians and some other Turkish princes.

This should be in the VV.
    lol, that was jalal ad-din, he attacked them because he asked them there help against the mongols, and one of them, "king of akhlat" refused and replied rudely, he said that he wont be an idiot to help jalal against the mongols so the situation be clear then jalal will attack them after defeating the mongols, and do what the mongols used to do to cities and nations"
    so jala got steamed and angry, and he marched to alkhlat and won the battle and killed the king and said that he will do what he said in the message as a punishment for his rude answer "not the this was the only black point in jajal ad-din's life, as he spent all his life serving islam, but only this".

tell me if u got useful infos from this.

Indefinitely Banned

From what I've read Jalalludin was defeated at Akhlat by the Rum and Antiochese forces and was killed by some Kurdish brigands a few days later. (near what is now modern day SE Turkey).

assassinated by kurdish, yes. but defeated at alkhalat, no he didn't. he got into the city and killed the king and that was his mission. also he took all the gold and good staff and valuable items in it. and went home. but he couldn't defend his country against the mongols. they also got into his palace but he and some of his royal men managed to escape to the mountains. while he was there. a kurdish avenger and highwayman "the sultan jalal killed his brother in alkhalat" tried to assassinate him to avenge his brother's death. and he succeeded.
    Last edited by HunterKiller; May 01, 2008 at 08:50 AM.

He had a brief victory over the Seljuks and captured the town Akhlat
    from wiki

Moved to the VV.

Indefinitely Banned

El Cid frequently fought alongside the Moors against the Christian Spanish

Do you guys think the Muslims or the Christians were stronger i think in terms of being flexible and having a variable army the Muslims the Europeans had loads of Knights who were strong but even if the Catholics has the home advantage the Muslims would of won with better organisation will and the armies vary aswell as having strong cavalry.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast