Thread: CTD in campaign map

bigdaddy1204's Avatar Campidoctor

Default CTD in campaign map

Hi, love the mod. Good work!

However there's a CTD problem in the campaign map when playing Western Roman Empire. The year is 418 I think. It happens when I press 'end turn'. It shows the AI moves, and then an Eastern Roman Empire stack lays siege to my city in Illyricum (sorry I can't remember the name, I think it begins with 's'). It is the city on the border with ERE. At the coast. At this point the game crashes to dektop every time.

Please help, I don't know what to do to get past this.
    Thanks,
    Bigdaddy1204

SeniorBatavianHorse's Avatar Tribunus Vacans

Default Re: CTD in campaign map

It might be worth your while to disable scripts and see if you can then get around the CTD.

Thanks for the help. How can I disable the scripts?

SeniorBatavianHorse's Avatar Tribunus Vacans

In one of the folders (options>scripts>) is a list of scripts which can be either activated or removed from the game. Sometimes these can cause CTDs. Good luck!

Marcus Bestia's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy1204 View Post
    Hi, love the mod. Good work!

However there's a CTD problem in the campaign map when playing Western Roman Empire. The year is 418 I think. It happens when I press 'end turn'. It shows the AI moves, and then an Eastern Roman Empire stack lays siege to my city in Illyricum (sorry I can't remember the name, I think it begins with 's'). It is the city on the border with ERE. At the coast. At this point the game crashes to dektop every time.

Please help, I don't know what to do to get past this.
    Thanks,
    Bigdaddy1204
    i had same problem as you. solution is disable some scripts, exactly like seniorbatavianhorse wrote. i use 4tpy script only and no ctd appeared anymore.

Hound of Ulster's Avatar Senator

I don't use any of the scripts just be on the safe side
    'Only the Dead Have Seen the End of War' Plato

'Killing is Negotiating' A militiaman in 'Blackhawk Down'

Thanks for all the help guys! I did what you said, and the problem is fixed.

In my campaign, I've had some fun defeating the Vandals. This is much better than the original BI. I like the time setting, and all the variety in the units is great.

Anyway, many thanks to you all!
    Last edited by bigdaddy1204; February 28, 2008 at 04:32 PM.

I have a CTD when i move the campaign map towards spain, playing as western roman empire....any ideas how to fix?? im so deflated cos ive just downloaded IBFD 7 for the first time...why????
    It takes a big man to admit when he's wrong, I am not a big man.

try to install "CA strat.exe" located in the ibfd\options\STRAT MAP MODELS folder

Haedar's Avatar Miles

I have ctd once I press end turn I played as Lakhmeds year is 417

I have a CTD with or without scripts in the first turn with ERE when the Sassanids siege my cities. The game stuck when the sassanid soldier try to stab the city but the weird is that the music continues to play.
    "We were always few, do not press us, do not understimate us...we were also victorious!"There wasn't in history any Alexandrovic the great..only Μέγας Αλέξανδρος(Alexander the great,King of the Greeks).every stripe a word"freedom or death"

Hans Kloss's Avatar J-23

Been having the same problem on the various stages of campaings, with different factions.I'm not sure what is cause of that but seems there are some problems related to sieges

i've installed the ostro horde 2 script and i don't have this CTD. I've experienced another: Some battles durind the loading screen crashes and go back to windows.

i want to mention that i have the gold edition of rome and my current version is 7.03+soundmod revolutions pack 2
    "We were always few, do not press us, do not understimate us...we were also victorious!"There wasn't in history any Alexandrovic the great..only Μέγας Αλέξανδρος(Alexander the great,King of the Greeks).every stripe a word"freedom or death"

Libertus

Hello guys,

I noticed some really annoying bug in my WRE campaign. The year is 449 and im currently at war with the sassanids. It seems that im unable to fight battles against their armies when they besiege one of my cities. They besieged me two times at Tarsus and both times i got an ctd when i tried to play the battle personally. Same thing happened when i attacked a besieging army elsewhere... so apparentely, something must be wrong with the sieges . Attacking in the field seems to be ok.

(I have installed IB RR 7.03 + soundmod + quickfix + 4tpy script)

Would be nice to have some helpful thoughts about it
    Last edited by Floit; May 13, 2009 at 10:46 AM.

Cogito, ergo sum

Libertus

Well, actually it seems that the bug appears coincidently... i tested different constellations (attacking a besieging army, attacking two armies, attacking an army on open field) and sometimes the game crashed and sometimes not
    Last edited by Floit; May 13, 2009 at 01:32 PM.

Cogito, ergo sum

Quote Originally Posted by Floit View Post
    Hello guys,

I noticed some really annoying bug in my WRE campaign. The year is 449 and im currently at war with the sassanids. It seems that im unable to fight battles against their armies when they besiege one of my cities. They besieged me two times at Tarsus and both times i got an ctd when i tried to play the battle personally. Same thing happened when i attacked a besieging army elsewhere... so apparentely, something must be wrong with the sieges . Attacking in the field seems to be ok.

(I have installed IB RR 7.03 + soundmod + quickfix + 4tpy script)

Would be nice to have some helpful thoughts about it
    Do you have enhancement pack?

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Ihatemonday View Post
    Do you have enhancement pack?
    I do... today i played 3 battles and they all were ok. I installed shadow factions before, duno if theres a link. if it happens again, i should post the logfile perhaps? (if thats possible)

Cogito, ergo sum

Quote Originally Posted by Floit View Post
    I do... today i played 3 battles and they all were ok. I installed shadow factions before, duno if theres a link. if it happens again, i should post the logfile perhaps? (if thats possible)
    Some changes are not savegame compatible.Could you tell your installation step by step including any small update or a little patchy

Libertus

Quote Originally Posted by Ihatemonday View Post
    Some changes are not savegame compatible.Could you tell your installation step by step including any small update or a little patchy
    Well, as far as i remember, i installed IB 7.0, upgraded it to 7.03.
    Then soundmod-revolutions, enhancement pack and quickfix. I then changed movement rates from 60 to 130 and activated the 4tpy script. After experiencing the bug, i tried to use CA stratmaps, but this didnt work so i reinstalled the IB stratmaps, yay and duno why, but then i installed shadow factions. The bug disappeared for a while but now its back.

As i said before it sometimes occurs and sometimes not, i guessed that it might have to do something with the units i employ. Perhaps the bug is caused by units which were recruited in the old (IB 7.03 without Soundmod) AOR...

Another strange thing is that sometimes, the force dip works, and i get a ceasefire with the ERE, and sometimes it doesnt (though i always activate the script)

Cogito, ergo sum