Thread: Soldiers moving at half-speed in battle

Default Soldiers moving at half-speed in battle

The rest of the mod seems to be working fine, but when I drop down into battle the soldiers, missiles and cavalry move at about half-speed. I say about half-speed because when I sped the game up twice as fast, they seemed to be moving a bit faster than they normally would be.

Fenix_120's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Soldiers moving at half-speed in battle

As long as you don't have heavy infantry being able to run down light calvary would this really be a problem?

As far as I can tell, from slowest to fastest the speed settings go

Heavy Infantry

Light Infantry

Skirmishing Infantry

Super heavy Kataphract calvary

Heavy calvary

Light calvary

Ultra light skirmishing calvary

Which is how I expect it was and should be.

I see all units acting in slo-mo alot in this mod.

Quote Originally Posted by AlfonsoVIII View Post
    I see all units acting in slo-mo alot in this mod.
    Does the issue just resolve itself?

Are you moving your troops along different terrain? Note the battle_map modifiers. They will be changing a little for 1.1, but they currently are:
    Code:
    ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

climate			default

grass_short		0.87
    grass_long		0.80
    sand			0.70
    rock			0.70
    forest_dense		0.65
    scrub_dense		0.70
    swamp			0.60
    mud			0.65
    mud_road		0.75
    stone_road		0.85				
    water			0.50
    ice			0.65
    snow			0.70

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
    If marching through various terrain in a single march-order then they'll change their speed

It isn't even that they're moving slowly, they are told to run and the animation is as if they are running and fighting, but it is done incredibly slowly. The dead giveaway is the missile combat; the arrows defy all manner of physics by sort of gliding through the air at a snail's pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Godfred View Post
    The rest of the mod seems to be working fine, but when I drop down into battle the soldiers, missiles and cavalry move at about half-speed. I say about half-speed because when I sped the game up twice as fast, they seemed to be moving a bit faster than they normally would be.
    This seems just about army/game settings. What size armies are you using and what cpu/video card you got? Just lower your settings especially shades it will increase your speed on the battle field. Even with DC2.3 and geforce 8500 i still not be able to set all on max,
    Roma, Acta est Fabula
    Released! version 0.9B of the mayor overhaul mod for IB2 Vandalorum

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Inanimatus View Post
    This seems just about army/game settings. What size armies are you using and what cpu/video card you got? Just lower your settings especially shades it will increase your speed on the battle field. Even with DC2.3 and geforce 8500 i still not be able to set all on max,
    Maybe that is it, I never had this kind of problem with vanilla, maybe the units are more detailed that vanilla, I will try it out.