Thread: Help Please.....

♔Greek Strategos♔'s Avatar THE BEARDED MACE
    mod person took an arrow to the knee

Default Help Please.....

A small problem but maybe important....Why no one declares war on me?I am playing with Gaznavids right now and with Georgians before for over a 60 turns and no hostility from other fuctios only from rebels....is that a game feature or bug?Please if anyone can help me with this matter...?

Default Re: Help Please.....

Declaration of war depends on your allies/reputation and your possession of strategic cities (those which other rivals need for winning). The AI will be very aggressive if you have a low reputation as well the AI is more aggressive when run out of easy rebel provinces, so if you want war, just stop being nice...
    Roma, Acta est Fabula
    Released! version 0.9B of the mayor overhaul mod for IB2 Vandalorum

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Inanimatus View Post
    Declaration of war depends on your allies/reputation and your possession of strategic cities (those which other rivals need for winning). The AI will be very aggressive if you have a low reputation as well the AI is more aggressive when run out of easy rebel provinces, so if you want war, just stop being nice...
    As Ghorids I had the entire eastern portion of the map, and a terrible reputation, but nobody but the Mongols attacked me. You could be right, but I think that formula only applied to vanilla. Maybe BC has some kind of passive AI towards the player, because everyone else was at war but nobody felt like attacking me.

Thanks for the tip.....i will try it by declaring war to Ghorids...We will see....But i think that BC has a more passive AI than Vanilla style...Maybe MyNameIsGreat is right...

And something else....if you dont declare war to no one....is it logical no one declares war on you?Just a question....Maybe its a small AI problem with the aggression towards the human player....

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsGreat View Post
    As Ghorids I had the entire eastern portion of the map, and a terrible reputation, but nobody but the Mongols attacked me. You could be right, but I think that formula only applied to vanilla. Maybe BC has some kind of passive AI towards the player, because everyone else was at war but nobody felt like attacking me.
    I agree with you that other facts are as well important of declarations, though those those 3 are the fundamentals. You can scare off your enemies by having strong border armies as well. Your overall army size (in ranking) is a factor too
    Roma, Acta est Fabula
    Released! version 0.9B of the mayor overhaul mod for IB2 Vandalorum

Yes i see your point....I agree....Maybe someone from the moding team can help us with the solution....

green tea's Avatar Ducenarius

The diplomacy system has changed from vanilla, and I prefer this change. For example, if you have an alliance and dont betray your allies, you can expect this alliance to last a very long time. In vanilla, if you wanted a war, the best thing was to give another faction much money and ally to them. Three rounds later they would blockade your port with one ship. WTF? Even if you had a ten times bigger army. Here you can rely on your allies. So you could for example ally with the ERE or another faction nearer to you, and then fight with them against your direct neighbours. I would not ally with neighbours, since you will go to war with them at some point. Then there is your game reputation: If you fight against faction A, and faction B is also enemy of faction A, faction B will like you. Since at the beginning, you fight against rebels and rebels are enemies of every other faction, everybody will like you. I have seen it in some campaigns that I was allied to two other factions that were also allied, and this alliance fought against the rest of the map. So, it is not some kind of bug. And now, ally, and then: to war!

Kip's Avatar Idea missing.

If you take a region that is "traditionally" targeted by another faction you can usually provoke a war. As Sindh I like to bypass the desert and land seaborne troops to capture Somnath and Kutch...the Solankis seem to attack me there without fail.

What difficulty are you playing on?

I agree with you 100% green tea...Vanilla's diplomacy sucks...very helpful your tips...thank you also Kippyk for your help...I am playing on hard(campaign)Very hard(battle) as always whhyy.....and is very strange no one attacks me....but maybe this is because from the begginning i am expanding only in rebel towns around me....without provoking other factions... but it is strange again....rebels are very hostile...they also lay a siege against one of my towns....

Quote Originally Posted by green tea View Post
    The diplomacy system has changed from vanilla, and I prefer this change. For example, if you have an alliance and dont betray your allies, you can expect this alliance to last a very long time. In vanilla, if you wanted a war, the best thing was to give another faction much money and ally to them. Three rounds later they would blockade your port with one ship. WTF? Even if you had a ten times bigger army. Here you can rely on your allies. So you could for example ally with the ERE or another faction nearer to you, and then fight with them against your direct neighbours. I would not ally with neighbours, since you will go to war with them at some point. Then there is your game reputation: If you fight against faction A, and faction B is also enemy of faction A, faction B will like you. Since at the beginning, you fight against rebels and rebels are enemies of every other faction, everybody will like you. I have seen it in some campaigns that I was allied to two other factions that were also allied, and this alliance fought against the rest of the map. So, it is not some kind of bug. And now, ally, and then: to war!

i also agree 100% with this, how many times i was at war with someone b/c they blockaded one port for one turn then ran away.

haha, creative assembly.. mods like this must make them scared. i didn't buy kingdoms specifically because Broken Crescent came out
    I bear witness that there is no God but Kong
    I bear witness that Selenius is the Moderator of Kong
    I bear witness that Stainless Steel is the ViceRegent of Kong
    I bear witness that there is no Kong but Kong

Link to the Holy Thread

The True Believers: T-Wester, gr33kp1mp777, Hounf of Culan, Blingerman, izanagi11, Quark, Scivian, y2day, Kbibs89, yelowdogg23, Naked Emperor, Mr. Cursed, Barser, Skooma Addict, The Noble Lord, The Englishman, Finsternis, Spamostoc

Wanted heretics: Anubis1

Yes you are absolutely right illuminati2025.....BC is much better than MTW2 in every aspect....and an other interesting issue....my ex-general betrayed me and after assembled a huge army attacked me and my towns....thats very interesting...but i am stil wondering if its normal other factions to be so passive and the rebels so aggressive?

I should wage total war in my neighbours and we will see what will happen.....but this is for tomorrow....

gee wish i wasn't never attacked, and you got a rebel army to attack you? mine always sit next to a rebel town or move once and thats it

I see....and it was a very pleasant surprise to fight my ex-general in the field of battle...very clever AI at this point....