Thread: Election Campaigns and Debate

Winter's Avatar Civitate

Default Election Campaigns and Debate

Please post anything relevant to a political campaign here, including ads. All debating should be done here.

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Jeb View Post
    Hah, you're always so helpful to threads Winter. No wonder you got citizen!

Xavier Dragnesi's Avatar Esse quam videre

Default Re: Election Campaigns and Debate

Salvi omnes, salvi!
    Mihi nomen est Quintus Marius Parthicus. Ego candidatum sum, consul superior volo! Tu ego faves, +rep debeo! Placetne tibi? Suffragium mihi!
    Gratias ago

In English please, no full Latin sentences in the Senate. And no offering to give rep.

Translation: Hello all, Hello! My name is Quintus Marius Parthicus. I am a candidate, I want to be the senior (assuming thats what you meant) consul! If you favor I (I think you meant to put "me" there), I will give you +rep! Is this good (?) for you? Then vote for me!

Thank you all.

-Winter
    Last edited by Winter; February 23, 2008 at 12:36 AM.

Kritias's Avatar Petite bourgeois

OOC: Bribery from the first elections? Ye Gods!

IC: Vote for Decimus Iunius Brutus -- a man of integrity and honor, now running as Senate Reporter with the sole intention to inform the common people of the Senatorial News! Can you trust anyone else to tell you the hard truth?! To inform you of the discussions in the senate behind the wooden gates of the Curia? To tell you why the taxes went up or why the army is marching again? Brutus, a man to trust for your information!

CANDIDACY SUPPORTED BY THE GUILD OF MILLERS; THE GUILD OF MILLERS USES ONLY THE FINEST BREAD -- TRUE ROMAN BREAD FOR TRUE ROMANS!
    Last edited by Kritias; February 23, 2008 at 05:59 AM.
    Under the valued patronage of Abdülmecid I

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier Dragnesi View Post
    In English please, no full Latin sentences in the Senate. And no offering to give rep.
    Ok. No problem. Just showing off . And "placetne tibi" is actually "Are you satisfied." But "Is this good for you" is fine

Winter's Avatar Civitate

Sorry, I'm only in Latin II

Now back on topic.

Vote for Quintus Victrix Equestris for tribune, he has helped rome militarly and will help rome internally too.

I am Quintus Victrix Equestris and i approve of this message.
    Last edited by The10thLegion von Döbeln; February 23, 2008 at 02:41 PM.

Kritias's Avatar Petite bourgeois

Censor and Princeps Senatus are appointed offices, X legion. If you want to be Censor, simply PM the Junior Consul your intention to be so, when a Junior Consul is elected.

BTW, we could use one more Tribune...
    Under the valued patronage of Abdülmecid I

ill run for tribune then.

Maxinius Scipio's Avatar Decanus

Plebeians, Patricians, Equites, Capite Censi: Listen to my humble words...

I am a young nobleman named Marcvs Valerivs Corvinvs. Why am I speaking to you on this fine day? It is because I am running for the office of Senior Consul, and I need your help. I may look too young to run for such an esteemed position, but I believe that I am skilled enough.

Take a close look at my name. Marcvs VALERIVS Corvinvs. My family is famous for listening, obeying, and loving the common people of Rome. My ancestor, Pvblivs Valerivs Publicola, was awarded the cognomen of Publicola because he was such a great friend of the people. Will you award me the same cognomen? That is, will you award me it when I perform great deeds as the Senior Consul of Rome? Remember though, I can only perform great deeds if you vote for me.

I may be a young nobleman, but I still know what is right for the Citizens of Rome. People of the Capite Censi; if you elect me as Senior Consul I will do my best to seize superfluous farmland from extremely rich men and hand it over to you. If necessary, I will even give some of my own land to you. Plebeians; you seek equality and the power that Patricians hold. Well, do not worry any longer, I will use every ounce of power I have to stop motions that will lower your power or increase Patrician power. Fellow Patricians, you seek high offices that will increase your influence and the respect people have for you. Vote for me, and I will vote for you and support you if you choose to run for a Senatorial office.

Vote Marcvs Valerivs Corvinvs for a better, safer, and stronger Rome!
    Gnaevs Theodosivs Festvs(49), Senator of Rome!
    Praefectus Praetorio Italiae
    Fallaces sunt rerum species. (Appearances are deceptive) - Seneca
    Titles Held: Senatore Romani, Eqves, Paters Familias, Praefectus
    Praetorio Italiae

Now for my proper speech:
    Fellow senators and people of Rome:
    You probably all know why I am making this speech. I, Quintus Marius Parthicus, have decided to run for the post of senior consul.
    I feel it is rightly just for me to take this post. My recent family has had a lot of experience and interest in the matters of Rome, especially in the military arena. My grandfather, Gaius Marius, transformed the Roman legions to become the most powerful fighting force in the known world, my father though he did commit suicide, was still a wonderful military leader against the dictator Cornelius Sulla, while I myself have subdued the Parthians to earn the name of Parthicus.
    And with wars against Carthage, the Gauls and the Free people all looking very inevitable, I believe a man with strong military might, a cunning mind and lots of experience should lead our people and forces to honour and glory, yet at the same time save ourselves from destruction in a three-pronged war. True, other senators vying for this position might have skills such as oration, organisation and law-making which are better than mine, but in the current situation of war, it is not those skills that are needed, but the power to drive away the many that will come against us, and protect the mighty city and nation of Rome, so that it will rise in the coming years with more power than ever before.
    So who is with me? Who will help me gain the consulship, and help lead Rome into years of glory? Vote for me, senators and plebians, and I assure you will not be dissatisfied! Help me, and I will help you! Support me, and I will support you!
    And together, we will make Rome MIGHTY!!

68 Powers's Avatar Campidoctor

Senators!, Freinds, Romans!

I speak to you about a dream, About a destiney that is Rome. She is to be the greatest city ever. She is to be the undisputed master over all and under the my steady hand you will get nothing less.
    I am old and Experianced, i have seen romes wars and fought her wars. i have debated with senators young and old and have seen nothing better than what i can offer. I have never steared rome wrong and now i ask for you all to let me stear you right!

My Politicle enemies are young and ill-experiance, They have never faced an enemy of rome. What does that show? They will run at the with flowers thinking its a sword, they will buckle under the foot of Carthage or Gaul! They cannot be given such a huge responsibilies when they are so fresh in the senate! Let the Wise and the Experianced lead rome to her destiney!
    Last edited by 68 Powers; February 23, 2008 at 06:10 PM.
    Peace on earth - Death to the Enemy!

Winter's Avatar Civitate

Default Re: Election I candidacy thread

LVCIVS-AVRELIVS-LEPIDVS

The Smart Choice. The Right Choice.
    THE ROMAN CHOICE

Vote Lucius Aurelius Lepidus for Tribune of the Plebs