Thread: Alliances

Default Alliances

It seems like in every campaign I play all the AI factions ally with each other... and I mean ALL of them. Rarely does an AI faction have less than four allies..... is this normal?

Socal_infidel's Avatar PDER Piper

Default Re: Alliances

Quote Originally Posted by nutranurse View Post
    It seems like in every campaign I play all the AI factions ally with each other... and I mean ALL of them. Rarely does an AI faction have less than four allies..... is this normal?
    This mod uses Lusted's latest CAI. In the beginning of the game, alliance blocs are formed between nations. As the game progresses war should break out and get everyone involved. Please give additional feedback if you get the chance.

And if anyone's adventurous enough, I'd like to know how Xeryx's CAI fares.

Cheers!

Gigantus's Avatar I am not special - I am a limited edition.
    Patrician took an arrow to the knee spy of the council

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Socal_infidel View Post
    This mod uses Lusted's latest CAI. In the beginning of the game, alliance blocs are formed between nations. As the game progresses war should break out and get everyone involved. Please give additional feedback if you get the chance.

Cheers!
    Looks interesting. Let's see if I can get it modded to fit PDER. Lots of faction standings and stuff like that.

Ludicus's Avatar Comes Limitis
    Citizen

.... As the game progresses war should break out and get everyone involved. Please give additional feedback if you get the chance
    Exactly, as the games progresses; it happens during my campaign.

yah the factions do go to war later, but dang i had like every faction from Spain to Russia as allies when i was sicily...

Watch some of me replays for RTW http://www.youtube.com/user/TeutonicJoe

Cheers!
    I'll try it but I need some help.

You may need to study the mod, or a faction to determine, what religions go to what factions.

It looks like your using default for the orthodox factions. In which case,

The aztecs, mongols, timurids need to be the default AI, with my mod

might be a problem. Should I edit the orthodox factions to orthodox_faction as it says or leave them and change the Mongols and Aztecs to default.

The only reason I ask this here instead is of in that mods forum is that the question is directly related this mods use of the ai_label.
    Last edited by EmperorCharles; February 22, 2008 at 07:50 PM.

Lucius Sextus Drusus, Patriciate.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EmperorCharles View Post

I'll try it but I need some help.

It looks like your using default for the orthodox factions. In which case,

might be a problem. Should I edit the orthodox factions to orthodox_faction as it says or leave them and change the Mongols and Aztecs to default.

The only reason I ask this here instead is of in that mods forum is that the question is directly related this mods use of the ai_label.
    This is what it says in the ReadME:

These are the XAI AI's you have to edit the existing ones to., (type exactly) catholic_faction, orthodox_faction, papal_faction, islam_faction and default.

I am busy trying to get it right, check some time later for a possible complete install.

I have tried both Lusted's and Xerxy's AI mods, and I have to say Lusted's seems a bit more intuitive. Xerxy's seemed more... retarded than vanilla and Lusted's.

The main problem with XAI, at least for me, usually surfaced in the AI having an extreme preference of ignoring rebel towns, and making little to no defensive maneuvers to keep their original territory. So AI on AI, they end up more or less just swapping each others land, and occasionally to the point garrison little to nothing in settlements, they revolt, and nothing ever takes the settlement again even their capitols... or many of the common 'first grab' settlements near AI start positions even 300+ turns which I usually get up to on my average campaign are assailed despite being a moat and bailey with three units in what most faction-owned territories are citadels and huge cities.

The last time I tried XAI was around four to five months ago in an SS campaign as I recall.

The ignoring of rebel towns to have attention on other things was mentioned in my last read of XAI but it seemed to go to the extreme. And of course, the complete dis-regard for their own lands was a pain... and, you might think 'all AI's are sort of like that' well this put a new meaning to it.

This was just my experience with it.
    Last edited by DarthK; February 23, 2008 at 02:20 AM. Reason: typo's and further thought

Blog Entries

I believe the AI from that time of SS has been redone. According to the readme it is now in version 2.20D and seems to have addressed the problems mentioned. Anyhow I am crossing my fingers and putting the adapted version up in the next post.