Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Myrddraal's Mapping Essentials

Default Re: Myrddraal's Mapping Essentials

The max size of map_heights (and all similarly-sized files) is 1021x1021. Also, be careful for the landmass ratio bug (too big 'blocks' of water will cause a CTD), as it is more common on big maps.

Had a feeling, I was way over 1021x1021... I reduced it and it still Crashes, so I'll see what I can do about the water. I appreciate the help so far Aradan,

Squiggle's Avatar Primicerius

What program do I actually use to edit map_heights tga? And if im intending on just making a landbridge, how exactly is that done? I mean, most land bridges visually dont look connected, yet they are. Is that some kind of special tileset or?
    Man will never be free until the last King is strangled with the entrails of the last priest.
    ― Denis Diderot
    ~
    As for politics, I'm an Anarchist. I hate governments and rules and fetters. Can't stand caged animals. People must be free.
    ― Charlie Chaplin

Quote Originally Posted by Squiggle View Post
    What program do I actually use to edit map_heights tga?
    Any 2d editing program. PhotoShop, PaintShopPro, Gimp (free)...

And if im intending on just making a landbridge, how exactly is that done? I mean, most land bridges visually dont look connected, yet they are. Is that some kind of special tileset or?
    Two coastal land tiles in map_heights with both their coordinates odd-numbered need to differ by 2 in both those coordinates. And the tiles between them obviously to be sea.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12