Thread: Darkest Hour

Sigma's Avatar Ducenarius

Default Darkest Hour

So I haven't seen a thread for our latest HOI2 spinoff game, so I'll make one I suppose.

From the looks of things, this spin-off doesn't look like it will try anything too ambitious like AoD and Iron Cross did, instead it looks more like it is trying to complete the HOI expiriance by adding a scenario for WW1, and giving more attention to the cold war period of the game (I think they're making a scenario for 1945 actually). It will also be using the final 1.3 patch that was never released for Arma.

Also major mods such as Kaiserreich, TRP, and the Fallout Mod have announced that they will be converting over to DH. They are working with the Iron Cross team so that that game/expansion will work with DH as well.
    ---------

Well my opinion on this is a bit more positive then it was with the other two HOI2 spin-offs. Paradox disappointed me with AoD (never bought the game, listening to forum members clatter about how buggy it was and the apparent problems patch 1.05 brought kept me from buying it) and Iron Cross really didn't appeal to me from the start. Darkest Hour though looks like it could make up for that as it keeps the classic HOI2 feel by not trying to being too complex (I have nothign against Vicky, I loved that game ) while giving love to the more neglected areas such as WW1 and the Cold War.

Default Re: Darkest Hour

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    the Fallout Mod
    Wait, what? There's a fallout mod for HoI2? OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!

Sigma's Avatar Ducenarius

Quote Originally Posted by Eneru112 View Post
    Wait, what? There's a fallout mod for HoI2? OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD!
    Yes there is, and it is quite fun to play too.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-never-changes...

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Yes there is, and it is quite fun to play too.

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...-never-changes...
    They have been working on it for 3 years straight? Damn. I will get it when they will implement the events of FO3 and NV as I'm not really interested in the first 2 games.
    Last edited by Eneru112; December 14, 2010 at 01:50 PM.