Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: AAR-MEN-NIEN

Icon1 The Secret of Cakmak

In the heart of our empire, the lonely swashbuckler still looking for adventure...

...or dare I say the Ingenious Hidalgo Don Cakmak of L' Alexandria (I dare not say, hidalgos were not expected to pay taxes)

and let's not forget his faithful companion, Sancho the Pagan

An idealized contemporary sketch of Don Cakmak and Sancho Pagan after 20 years of utterly needless and wasteful campaigning but still in hilarious mood.

(possible caption: "I always wanted to be a stuntman in the Alexandrian circus")

(On the way to Caesarea)

Could you tell me, why are you considered to be a magician at all?
    Well, I have certain card tricks. And once I got a cactus to grow spontaneously. But obviously I won't give away my secrets in front of the readers... Oh yeah, and you know it, that I started as a snake-charmer on the streets of Alexandria...
    And I always wanted to be a stuntman in the Alexandrian circus... That's why we make a perfect duet. But could you please also tell me, what are we doing in the middle of a foreign empire thousands of miles away from home with absolutely no army at hand? Sorry, I've just lost my notes at the previous pub...
    Oh yes. But this is secret too. So readers please cover your ears.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    We are tracing back our Kurdish roots. Somewhat we lost down South. And we need to find your wife's family there.
    You remember the promise you made to me... Come back with them or don't come back at all...

Yes, I remember. Enough chitter-chatter. Let's hurry.

Oh no. Let's stop. And let's put down our swords, except for us.
    Lock and load.
    Cakmak, it's been ages...
    I know. I missed you too.
    Rumour has it I've got to ask you the secret password so you can pass through Caesarea in quest for your mindlessly wondrous wandering. Or dare I say your mindless path-finding AI (Annual Income - to us).
    Rumour has it this password is asked in forms of questions. So go ahead.
    Death cause of your parents?
    Well, they stood in my way...

Right answer. Now the second one:
    What is greater than God,
    More evil than the devil,
    The poor have it,
    The rich need it,
    And if you eat it, you'll die?
    Nothing.
    You are something! What do you think about the tolls, fees and taxes?
    Good for you as long as it is good for me.
    Well done. Now the last one: what's the password?
    Are you kidding me? I thought you'd give me a lead with these riddles.
    Oh no, that's definitely not the password. Sorry you can't go on.
    But please, your Sire. I need to find a way back home. To my home. To my roots.
    Sadik, don't tell' em the secret...
    What are you whispering? What secret? Guards!
    Ready for service!
    Okay, okay. I'll tell you my secret. I am tracing back my Kurdish roots. I promised my wife, I'll find her family, so she can get them back and we can rule according to the traditions. There's a prophecy...
    But where is your home? In Egypt or in Anatolia?
    Oh no. I always knew this moment would come. The question. But to hear it from a stranger?
    I can't find my way home...

I can't find my way home...

*plunking the lyre* Gentlemen, I'll give you the key: it's G major!
    *imitating a ballet-dancer, reciting* My heart is so broken! I need a cup of potato brandy!

Come down off your throne
    And leave your body alone
    Somebody must change

You are the reason
    I've been waiting so long
    Somebody holds the key

Well, I'm near the end and I just ain't got the time
    Well, I'm wasted and I can't find my way home

Come down on your own
    And leave your money at home
    Somebody must change

You are the reason
    I've been waiting all these years
    Somebody holds the key

I'm near the end, and I just ain't got the time
    Oh, and I'm wasted, and I can't find my way home

But I can't find my way home
    But he can't find his way home!
    But I can't find my way home
    But he can't find his way home!

So touching... still no pass.

Okay, so this is the part, where I donate a sizable sum to the Armenian orphans to cheer up your heart as well?
    What a fine gentleman you are!
    *coins jingling*
    You're free to go.
    So gracious, your excellency.

You two will keep an eye on this one. He might be conspiring with the Turks...
    Sir, yes, Sir!
    Sir, affirmative, Sir!
    Last edited by Aldgarkalaughskel; June 29, 2008 at 12:56 AM.

Icon1 Propaganda

There's a problem, Sire.
    Just give me those spy reports...

"Turkish troops are gathering on the eastern front..."

Damn, do we have any flingable army there?
    Not much, Sire, and I'm afraid we can't recruit more in short time.
    Who's in charge of the army?
    It's your faithful Son, Father.
    What the hell are you doing? Move your lazy saint arse and drum up even the last man who's got a p*nis. Form a militia army of peasants. Do anything you can do, the Turks are on our back!
    I wish I could. But with these high and new taxes our subjects are very unhappy. Mobs are regularly rioting on the streets. We need piety and patience in these times...
    Perfectly wrong. We need a strict hand to crush down upon our inner and outer enemies. Imprison those rebels!
    I wouldn't if i could, but I couldn't, as my armed men are pinning flowers in their helmets.
    What do you mean?
    He means they are craving for peace, Your Majesty. A country-wide revolting movement is beginning to unfold, including the nobility! They are protesting against high tax levels and against war.
    So far to my blitzkrieg plans... But we got enemies on our back, and we need to convince our people to defend the Kingdom! I'd need to talk to the man of God.
    At your service.
    Fill the hearts of our citizens with rage, revenge and willingness to fight against the Turkish scum. No mercy. No remorse. The inexpressible named one.
    That's just too much for me. We need some divine intervention here.
    Make it happen.
    (in the chapel) You've heard him.
    Yes. I will inspire someone in the court to write a nice little propaganda song.
    You'd better hurry or I will be very unjust to you on the Sunday service.
    AARGH! You can't hurry an artist!
    (5 minutes later) I need to write down this melody.
    Hmm. Let me check the grammar, you miserable barfly... Proof-read. Hand out a copy to every citizen in every town! Who will start the singing?
    Lemmestart, lemmestart, lemmestart. Pleeease.
    Go ahead.

Fight For Freedom
    Fight For Freedom

There's a Sound Heard Across the Land.
    It's Heard Across The Sea
    You'll Only Hear It If You Listen With Your Heart
    And One Day Hope To Be Free

To Hear The Sound Of Freedom Many Gave Their Lives
    They Fought For You
    And Me
    Those Memories Will Always Live Inside Us
    And now It's Our Time To Be Free

Where The Eagles Fly I Will Soon Be There
    If You Want To Come Along With Me My Friend
    Say The Words And You'll Be Free
    From The Mountains To The Sea
    We'll Fight For Freedom Again

So Ring Out Loud For All The World To Hear
    From the Sea To Shining Sea
    Let Freedom Ring
    And Every Man Be King
    To Live As One Through The Years

Arqa Arsen's Might, I Will Soon Be There

Now's The Time We All Must Stand Together
    So Raise Your Hands Show Them We Are Strong
    Side By Side The Fight Goes On Forever
    Marching To The Battle
    With This Song

*Doing the guitar solo with a smirk on his face*
    I can guarantee I am not responsible for this tickling. It was not part of the DIVINE PLAN!
    Of course! Have you heard of improvisation?

Where The Eagles Fly I Will Soon Be There

"Where the eagles fly, I will soon be there..."

Contemporary propaganda posters advertising the war with the victorious King

Last edited by Aldgarkalaughskel; July 01, 2008 at 05:09 AM.

Default Middle Left Right

Very well written.

Albert Magnus keeps the scientific world exited.

He and some of the aforementioned friars...in fancy red robes..

The former flower city finished the work on some mines in the near vincintiy....just in time for a turkish General to seize it.

: Thou infidels shall not longer steal the treasures of rightfully seldjukish lands!

Not everyone has heard the inspiring propaganda song. Time to deal with the deaf ones. Of course, it's been a while since the last engagement...

Haydar the Saint points out the obvious...

..and repeats his views of the rebels.

With quick riders, the goat-fondling ones are treated as ordered.

This Victory nets Rolf Carl just another job.

: What shall an old, poor man do? - Exactly! Fighting the enemies of our country!

The army training continues....

...to struggle.

The pope thought it might be good for the catholic nations to visit Vilnius with his wonderful sightseeing spots.

No luck with the hardened bread, eh?

Good preparation pays off, especially when some cocky byzantine generals think they can use the short breezer the Venetians gave them to attack the Kingdom of Armenia.

The son of Batara has some serious horrorstories to tell..

Nice childhood.

..and not only about himself.

Marianos Mavropos, on the other hand, has nothing to stop the deadly new cavalry tactic - the tandem horse!

That's the way heros are made...

..and thats the way they become recognized in the always hard up kingdom.

It doesn't hurt to still have a royal family member in the byzantine circle of power, either.

And therefore, they (sometimes) even get rewarded!

From the financial side, things are slowly but steadily improving. The taxes are still the major source of income, but the farming ain't far behind.

Motivated peasants are really good!
    German

The tragic figure, Amir Cakmak, meets an irish cutthroat..., err ..and Diplomat. Unfortunately, it is not known what they talked about.

Where is a spy when you need one ?

Inspired by the propaganda, the people (well, at least the people of Sis) do now look into the future (of inevitable seiges) with more hope and less fear.
    Let's see how that turns out...
    Meanwhile, the turkish mine-occupant Feyzullah Sivasi decides to siege Sis now. A serious Error. The turks must have missed the music..

: Bring 'em on! We fight for freedom! Give them a cheer, brave men!

Not far away...:
    : Attack the infidels...for whine and women!....err, i mean... for ALLAH!....Whats that noise over there?...Nevermind...bring on the siege engines!
    Last edited by LlamaD; July 01, 2008 at 01:50 PM.

[..] you seem to like fantasy then. Also you are not much TOLERANT to put that in middle words.
    Voted worst AAR Writer of TWC '08

Icon1 Dirty deeds

Quote Originally Posted by LlamaD View Post
    The tragic figure, Amir Cakmak, meets an irish cutthroat..., err ..and Diplomat. Unfortunately, it is not known what they talked about.

Where is a spy when you need one ?
    I'm here, mylord. But where are my agents?
    Sir, we lost sight of Cakmak, Sir!
    Sir, we had a problem with ze horses, Sir!
    Ahh, you fools. I told you to keep an eye on him!
    *steals into the room quietly* I did, Sire.
    You did? So what is it with him and this Irish busybody? Could you get any info?
    Why else would they call me the "Legendary"?
    It is me who asks here! Why else would I be honoured as "Spymaster"? Anyway, tell me what you've heard.
    *leans closer and whispers* Cakmak's doing bad things. Very bad things. He is making a deal with the pirates. Let me quote their discussion.
    You sure, nobody hears us?
    Sure as death.
    So can you get me the Egyptian crown?
    Well, first you have to prove, that you are really the faction heir as you stated.
    *shows royal banner*
    Nice one. Okay, so we can make the business. I will get you the crown, so you can be the leader of your nation.
    Do you have any reliable men to do the job?
    You are talking to an Irish, so this question is obviously ridiculous. First, we are the kings of smuggling. Second, we learned very much from the English piracy school. My assignee is a fine gentleman o' fortune. He is feared as the "Blackbeard of the Mediterranean".
    YARR!
    Sure, he is not the man of words, rather than deeds.
    Dirty deeds done dirt cheap?
    Dirty deeds done at a reasonable fee. In exchange for a future piracy monopoly in the Eastern pools of the Mediterranean, should you become the leader of Egypt.
    What? No, I'll keep a 40% cut on all smuggling/black business incomes.
    Shiver me timbers!
    Indeed he can talk. We'll give you 20 % and sign a non-plundering covenant in exchange for a non-harrassing policy on your side.
    Agreed. Just bring me the power.
    We'll meet on the coast 4 years from now.
    What? What the hell will you be doing for 4 years?
    You said you wanted to get your wife too, to make her safe. We'll need time to prepare the actions.
    Okay. I'll be waiting for you on the coast.
    Well, well, well. The King will be not happy to hear this. But we must not act yet. If we let this fool actually get the crown, we can finish him off easily thus weakening one of our neighbors. He is in our hands, as he didn't get a permit to leave the country. Bedros, can you make sure to tail his actions?
    I'll follow him as a shadow.
    Good. And Esayi, you will keep an eye on these redheads and notify us urgently if the crown-and-wife-carrying ship is set on sail.
    Done, Sire.
    Last edited by Aldgarkalaughskel; July 03, 2008 at 02:48 AM.

Default Hold it, hold it...HOLD IT!

The pope's call for voyages was widely heard.

The council of bakers refuses to take any responsibilty.

Due to incapabilities and the dire need for troops, throwing spears is out. The recruits have to stick to the spear. At least they get a shield and are now happy battlemeat spearmen. Time to move on and train some archers..on the fly, because they are needed, too.

Feyzullah Sivasi's Siege is by far the biggest and most dangerous the Kingdom ever had. Will our high spirit be enough to stop the cruel enemies?

Feyzullah Sivasi storms on..while on the other hand the forces are weak but slightly tightfisted..

The lovely City of Sis.

Arqayazn Ghazig the Saint uses the high route to motivate the troops. Not that it would be needed, but he likes to hear himself talking.

The Archers in Training have to get every step explained...

...while a rare Moment of Analysis reveals the tactical situation.

But it's still better to start a battle of life and death with a little bit of emphasis...

Though his horse apparently does not believe him.

The Seldjuks attack the gates, climb the walls with siegetowers and ladders. Just a matter of time which point will fall first...

..and the gates are fallen!

The overconfident turkish General orders a frontal charge....

...and loses his noble life at the work of Peasants.

A big Achievement in the heat of the battle! The attackers moral is now slowly dropping with every slayed soldier...

..but they don't retreat yet. Every available soldier concentrates on the little bridgehead.. If they pull through, all is lost....

Even the bodyguards are ordered to look frightful and therefore hold up their lances...

... for quite some time...

...for some of them, too long.

Really impressive, those chivalric Knights of foreign countries...

But not without effect. The remaining invaders decide to leave in a hurry...

..terrified by something....

...something inexplicable.....for now...

However, at least one thing could be learned today.

Therefore, a day to remember....

...and cheer up at the tavern.

But when it comes to reaping the coins, it's more a day to forget.

Beatriz of Portugal finally bears a son, Geuregh.

Venice is back knocking at the gates of Constantinople.

Click to view content: 

Good Luck for the next 4 years!

There must be a lot of fish in the waters near Abydus....

..and the dealing with his nephew even changed Arqa Arsen the Mighty slightly.

: Yes, i do like you. No, i do not know where your horse is. No, they did not eat it. Yes, thats is one of it's bones. No, its not dead. Yes, it's sure at the Ponde Rosa right now. Good night, Goriun.

[..] you seem to like fantasy then. Also you are not much TOLERANT to put that in middle words.

Default Re: AAR-MEN-NIEN

This AAR has got to be the most original and well-written Total war journey to date! + rep for you sir!

Please check out my gallery

Icon1 Re: help is needed

: Aaaaarrrrrgggghhh....help!!
    : I could try to rip the heart out of his chest...a somewhat far friend of mine introduced me to this technique..

(...)

: No, i'll contract the A-team!
    Yes, the A-team!
    I wouldn't advise it.
    Why?
    Because:

The A-team works the PowerWizard, due to a raise in salary.

: Well, with that kind of name if would call myself PowerWizard, too. To Battal!
    : Haha. No you don't.

I'm still alive!
    Sorry all. I just couldn't be hard on this guy. He gave me damn good cigars.
    Last edited by Aldgarkalaughskel; July 06, 2008 at 01:37 PM.

Default If the A-team can't......others work!

Originally Posted by
    This MAAR has got to be the most copied and hell-biten Local Fairy tourney to state! + rap for you Liar!

Check, check ou-,.. check, check out .., check, check.. check out my gall -ary
    ch-check it out!

Click to view content: 

: Cicero? I can't write under these conditions! I need relief....and the A-team is on my black list now. Who else is there to help me get rid of these ghost-stalkers?
    : May i introduce an option?
    : *uff* Go ahead. Quickly!
    : Why not use an assassin to end the life of this particularly intruder?

: An assassin?
    : Yes, because...

: If it is written, i believe you. But who shall do it?
    : I will, crazy old man.
    : A little bit more respect please. Now go and let it look like it was an ordinary soldier! I don't want to much fuss.
    : Cut it. phonetic {Gat idd}

Later on, in his villa at Formia, Cicero is caught..

: There is nothing proper about what you are doing, soldier, but do try to kill me properly.
    : Whatever. Nice gall, old man. What's up with these freaking scientists? Archimed used a similar nonsense phrase. Ah, i guess i'm too long in this business.... *decapitates him*
    Last edited by LlamaD; July 06, 2008 at 02:17 PM.

Default Any minute now

While ze Germans have troubles with the sicilian mafia, Byzanz seeks and gets a piece of peace.

At the Arqa-Head-Quarter:

: Anything i need to know, Master of my Spies ?
    : No, nothing important right now..
    : Really? Then what is with the Imam at Sinope?
    : Jumped into the sea... suicider.
    : What is with Cakmak?
    : Err...nothing new ..he just wonders around mindlessly and is hold back by our authorities.
    : What is with Yasin Tatar?
    : Nothing new, too... he justs misses his first son...and eagerly waits for the second one to come of age...which should be any minute now.
    : What is it with this Vassal thing?
    : Turns out that the Byzls accepted to be the new little dogs of Venice. That way, they keep their city and we avoid hundreds of cardinals. Job's done, Mylord!
    : Thats good news....just inform me directly next time you succeed, mkay? And send someone to Hungary to reach diplomatic agreements... Not that these venetian moneybags get the idea of coming over to our lands....
    : Will be secured, wise Arqa.
    : And what is with this recent becoming of saints everyone?
    : Oh, that..well, if we want to drive other religions influences out, we need some ..all in all, it's a religious thing...
    : And why is our navy blocking the port of constantinople?
    Click to view content: 

: Oh, thats a religious thing too.. You know, this Admiral Esayi is a former Priest... (not to tell him anything about my contract with the nobles...)
    : And where is the architect i ordered?
    : Still none available... the council of builder...
    : *aaargh* Ok, stop it. I don't want to hear it with the councils anymore. Just inform me as soon as one is available!
    : As you wish, Mighty Arqa.

They seperate in barely observable distrust.

Later on, Arqa Arsen the Mighty has a word with Goriun Astagian:

: Nephew, you have to learn that it's better to be feared than loved.
    : Hmm.. ok Uncle Arsen.

At the barracks:

: Good Lord. The recruit numbers are growing instead of decreasing. Wants the Arqa be a new Alexander?
    : Naaah. Then he would need 100x times as much. Beside, most of them are crap. Just look at that young one.

German
    : Whatever, i'm running out of houses! And i sold all the tents i recieved. Hell, i don't know why the byzantine merchant needed 10000 tents, but he paid more coins for one than a house is worth *$$*
    : Let 'em sleep in shifts....it ain't that hard with thinking yourself, or what?
    : Ye ye...i'm fine. I just don't know what he wants with that many soldiers...
    : I guess they'll all die in battle as martyrs, just as he announced over twenty years ago.
    : Whatever... Hey you there, wanna-be-soldier, don't lay on the ground .... stand still! Listen up!..You're in the army now

In the Army now

A vacation in a foreign land

Uncle Arsen does the best he can

You're in the army now

Oh, oh, you're in the army now

Now you remember what the draftsman said
    Nothing to do all day but stay in bed
    You're in the army now

You be the hero of the neighborhood

Nobody knows that you left for good

You're in the army now

Smiling faces as you wait to land

But once you get there no one gives a damn
    You're in the army now

Shouted orders flying over your head
    Burning arrows flying over your head
    If you want to survive get out of bed
    You're in the army now

Shots ring out in the dad of night
    The sergeant calls

(stand up and fight)
    You're in the army now

You've got your orders better shoot on sight
    Your finger's on the trigger

But it don't seem right

You're in the army now
    You're in the army now

Night is falling and you just can't see

Is this illusion or reality

You're in the army now

You're in the army now

While the polygam Princess Dzaghig has a son with someone named Atamian, Goriun gets a fresh released half-brother.

The minute has arrived:

: Ah, finally i'm here. Dad?
    : Uh..hello son.
    : Why is there so much noise out there?
    : *looks out* Oh no, we are besieged by rebels!

At the same time, deep down in the dungeon.

: There's a lot of noise out there...do you believe the rumors that rebels came and lay siege?
    : Oh thank thee lord! Godot has finally come to rescue me! I said it all the time, my pal will box me out! Do you believe me now?!?
    : Well, sounds too good to be true...but i'll pray for it!

: Ich hol dich da raus

4.German song

Ich hol dich da raus

Ich bin für dich da und wenn hart folgt auf hart
    Ich werd tun was ich tun kann, bis ins Grab
    Durch die Hölle und wieder zurück
    Gemeinsam ans Ziel, auch wenn niemand uns hilft
    Gib nicht auf, Bruder ich bin da, wenn du mich brauchst
    Denk an mich, und im Dunkeln geht ein Licht auf
    Werd dir Flügel verleihen, wenn du an mich glaubst
    Alles aus, doch mein kleiner Schimmer blitzt auf
    Flieg mit mir, was du brauchst liegt in dir
    Du darfst nur dein Glauben an dich nie verlieren
    Kopf hoch, eines Tages Bruder, alles wird gut
    Ich bin der, der dich wieder aufbaut, falls du mich rufst
    Geb ich Kraft, und erleichtere dir deine Last
    Was du nicht alleine schaffst, schaffen wir zusammen
    Bleib tapfer, sprich ein Gebet
    Halt durch, verlier mich nicht, und du wirst sehn…

Ich hol dich da raus, ich glaub an dich, so wie du an mich glaubst
    Ich hol dich da raus, du kannst immer auf mich zählen
    Halte noch aus, ich weiß die Zeit hier scheint still zu stehn
    Doch schon bald werden wir in Richtung Freiheit gehn

Was auch kommt, glaub mir, was auch kommt
    Ich werd deine Stütze sein, wenn Last aufkommt
    Treib dich weiter, wenn du nicht mehr kannst, führ dich ans Licht
    Geb dir Mut wenn alles schmerzt, und für dich zerbricht
    Ich bin da in dunklen Tagen, um dir Trost zu schenken
    Bin der Ansporn um dich aus der Schlucht hoch zu kämpfen
    Ich bin mit dir, wenn du nicht verzagst, und nicht aufgibst
    Ich bin da, da bis der Traum aufgeht
    Halt dich an mir fest, ganz egal wo du bist, kämpf Bruder
    Dies ist Leben, es gibt nichts geschenkt
    Du musst tun, was zu tun ist, finde deinen Weg
    Geh tu schon sei mutig, Junge es geht
    Halt dir mich vor Augen
    Ich bin immer für dich da, und erleichtere dein Pfad auf dem Weg nach draußen
    Du kennst mich nicht, doch ich kenn dein Problem
    Ich bin Hoffnung mein Freund, bitte halt mich am Leben

Ich hol dich da raus, ich glaub an dich, so wie du an mich glaubst
    Ich hol dich da raus, du kannst immer auf mich zählen

Du wirst sehen, du kannst zählen auf mich....

Halte noch aus, ich weiß die Zeit hier scheint still zu stehn
    Doch schon bald werden wir in Richtung Freiheit gehen

Eins für immer..

Ein unsichtbares Band..
    Hält uns für immer fest zusammen
    Keine Schwerter, keine Flammen, können uns jemals entzweien
    Wir sind Brüder, und werden für immer Brüder sein
    Ich hol dich raus
    Ich hol dich da raus
    Halte noch aus

Du wirst sehn, du kannst zählen auf mich..

Ich hol dich raus
    Ich hol dich da raus
    Halte noch aus

Du wirst sehn, du kannst zählen auf mich..

Ich hol dich da raus, ich glaub an dich, so wie du an mich glaubst - du wirst sehn
    Ich hol dich da raus, du kannst immer auf mich zählen - du wirst sehn, du kannst zählen auf mich
    Halte noch aus, ich weiß die Zeit hier scheint still zu stehn - halt dein kopf hoch Bruder
    Doch schon bald werden wir in Richtung Freiheit gehen - Flieg mit mir

Back to the not-father and son:

: Hurry, we have to fight. Show that you are worth of your Father!
    : Alright then!...whoever he was....And one thing, old Sackface!
    : Hm?
    : Not you, i mean this old Tutor! Hey you, stick your books where the sun never shines! I'm riding to battle now! *haha*
    : *shakes head* There's nothing worthy in this one....

In the heat of battle, only the important things are carried.

The experienced old dog of war, Yasin Tatar knows how to win. First you cut off the head of the snake.

..and make sure his death is recognized by his troops.

Then you prepare to rout all of them....while you realize that your wife's son just died, too?

This waves a red flag for Yasin Tatar.

Grim and anger decide the rest of the battle.

The remaining spearmen are surrounded and slayed without mercy.

But Yasin cannot wait. The killing is to slow for him. He orders the remaining cavalry to charge into the half-dead spearmen.

This ends the bloody noon.

A tragic loss. If you don't ask his Tutor, of course.

In the evening, without much rest, the other rebel army, commanded by the unmusical Mehmet is attacked. Hatred and anger are damn fine motivators.

Though the nominal odds are not that good, Yasin Tatars bloddlust makes up for that. He doesn't even need to speak.

This time, the enemy general doesn't wait till the cavalry comes to his end. He engages into hand-to-hand combat. A somewhat noble way to die.

The light cavalry is thankful for that.

And just before midnight, the last rebels are routed or killed.

After today, Yasin's Talent for violence is widely known.

But, as often in life, after bad news there is always a terrible news next.
    Heghine Abelean did not waste a lot of time, grabbed herself a husband and will soon be starting to take over in the royal family.

And the terrible news:

And, as a little bonus, the confusing news. Sis is offered to build a Guild by the Knights of St.Johns for the minor swiss part of our population.

Though they won't tell in our language whats up with this house.

Well, according to rumors, the swiss know how to make money, so we'll try it out.

Can't hurt, can it?

Captain Izzeddin returned. With the weak troops at Sis, he could succeed where he failed before. Time to raise the hand again.

The unfinished Archers remember the theme about burning arrows and manage to surprise Captain Izzeddin.

Taking furthermore advantage of the fog, the rest of the seldjuk army gets hit out of nowhere.

Halt men! Here we are. As ordered. We wait here until Captain Izzeddin give signal to attack or move elsewhere. Breath easy!

Uh, the mosquitos are quite nasty today, eh? - Ye, Ye *ouch*

Ouch, my arse! Are you sure we have to wait here? - Don't worry. The signal will come any minute now.

To Hell! That aint no mosquitos! They are shooting arrows after us! We have to move into cover!! - No, not yet. We have no orders.

Ok men, you've convinced me. Let's quickly move behind a tree for cover....Men?

*aaaaah*

As the fog clears off, everything is done.

This training on-the-job really pays off for the Armenian Archers.

As a result, Captain Izzeddin gets no third chance and Cakmak's countrymen dislike us.

After so much trouble, the people in the tavern are almost freewheeling.

The single running Diplomat fullfills the orders he is given.

The run for good Hotels in Vilnius gets the Lithuanians in trouble.

: I doubt they got enough beds for everyone.
    : I doubt they even think about logistical tourist problems right now.

And last but not least, the smuggling pirates are stuck in traffic...looks like it might take a little bit longer than expected to bring the crown...perhaps others want this lucrative mission, too?

Arto's Avatar Praefectus
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Awesome!
    I can't wait for more!
    Knowledge is a deadly friend, if no one sets the rules. The fate of all mankind I see, is in the hands of fools - King Crimson's Epitaph.
    תחי מדינת ישראל

Default Can ye not read?

Originally Posted by Arto
    Awesome!
    I can't wait for more!

:*red headed* Breathing, D-E-E-E-E-E-P breathing.... *nostril swelling inflating*
    : That's the not quite right. Try to use less blood and more air..
    : *yaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy* Where's the Assassin?
    : *shakes head*
    : Unfortunately, he won't work on weekdays. Gives a bad complexion, he says.
    : Oh, yes? Well, i guess, that's what i should do to! I was just writing a new page in my manuscript as this ghost rushed in, mumbled something and disappered before you can say "Tax investigations, you're arrested!"......
    :*from the background* Nice sound by the way!
    : ... but i won't work under these ongoing distresses and annoying interuptions no more! Not until this ridiculous behaviour stops! See'yall at the weekend! *slams door to private rooms*
    : This had to happen. The standing of the stars ain't so good nowadays...
    : Now he really can wait for more....

Default Face the coin(cidence)

Two dissapointed souls deep down in the dungeon:

: So much for your pal....
    : He will come back and rescue me!
    : How? Is he the messias? He's dead!!
    : All i know is he will come back and rescue me. In the meantime, let's try to make the best out of it. Just like the two guys over there.
    German

In architectural news, two projects have been completed.

An excellent time to test the new roads with a wagon. If it weren't kaput.
    German

But not everyone likes this "Progress".

Abirad Abelean had all reason to marry Heghine.

While Esayi the One-eyed takes advantage of his position in the navy to make some more coins for the Church, the royal Asstourist Diplomat Dirayr asks about peace with the new Vassals of Venice.

It hardly looks like they try to come back to minor asia, but asking is one of the last cheap things...

The catholic Armies did not want to sleep in tents outside the city. So they forced their entrance.

This dramatic event led to the death of the Lithuanian King. Supposedly heart failure.

Spain and Portugal decided to wait with their declaration of war until the other factions are finished.

Do they fear the summer vacation traffic that much?

Of course, the training in the army ain't finished.
    German

Haydar the Saint faces a small expedition force sieging one of our northern stations.

Good to know that the economy adapts to the needs of war.

While the archers are quickly drowned...

...Captain Bayezid manages to survive until the late evening.

...and due to some coins, even longer!

But for the ever-growing financial needs, it is still necessary to rely on taxes.

Amir Cakmak returned to Caesarea. Has he gotten the secret Password or is he only filing for bancrupty?

Icon1 Sandcastles

If you don't want your title removed, brief me on Cakmak quickly.
    I will, but you won't believe me.
    What happened?
    Apparently he's gone mad. He is building sand-castles. Just take a look. He literally spammed the country with these.

:hmmm: Why would he do that?
    I managed to solve this mystery. He was tracing back his Kurdish roots in order to make the Ayyubid dynasty a more fashionable ethno-ware in the diplomatic market. Or perhaps it's a personal issue. I don't really know. But what I know is that he met with fellow Kurdishmen a few weeks ago...

Hello there, stranger! What kind of wind blows you here?
    I'm not a stranger, I'm your future king!
    Oh then talk to our superiors!
    Lead me to them.
    If you're our king as you say, show us your ugly face. We, the Kurdish people don't pack our heads in ridiculous stuff like you.
    I can't show my face. I must hide it from the spies of Armenia. They will recognize me, and I can't be officially here.
    Do you think they don't follow your every step? They are watching us right now. C'mon, let's have a few drinks...

(a few drinks later)

So you promise us to be soldiers in stone-castles upon your reign? But we're as good living in our tents, as pigs in a sty!
    Times are changing. You need to adopt to these modern, complex societies that have been developed since the fall of Rome... err.. Constantinople...err anyway... There must be a solution for you.
    Let's stick to Mother Nature.
    I have an idea. Let's teach them how to build sand-castles. It's easy and fun, and they will also be in a good mood to be your soldiers later.
    Brilliant idea! I'm tired of campaigning anyway.

(even a few more drinks later)

HURRAY! It's done.
    Guys, not bad, but do elaborate a little bit. You should build something like this:

That's a good challenge! We love it! Let us build a few more here and there...

So that's how it happened...
    It is really unbelievable. What shall we do?
    Let him play his foolish games... At least we can impose some new taxes on sandcastles...
    Now I understand why Jesus said: "Wise man built on Rock. Foolish man built on the sand."
    Last edited by Aldgarkalaughskel; July 18, 2008 at 09:54 AM.

Default Lair or Liar?

The Spymaster is left alone with sincere disbelieving. Is Bedros telling the truth? He recalls the moment Bedros was caught searching through the documents by himself. On the other hand, why would he dare to lie to his Master?
    : Hmmm.... Not that easy to stay the top end of a spy network..*sigh* I need more knowledge about it.....where.... AH YES! The wise man! I'm gonna sent someone and ask for his advice.

And so he did. But, with the bad luck that lies in the air of the Armenian Kingdom (caused by little participation not named Furin&Powerwizard), the sent man is more interested in getting answers to his own questions than learning about sandcastles.

In other news, the army training program has to deal with sometimes careless recruits.
    German

The reward for blockading the port of Constantinople comes in.

: Horses?!?! I wanted money!!!

But someone can surely use these new horses.
    : Give it to me! Oh, and bring some supplies too, or i can't guarantee for the life of these horses...

Five Years Campaigning at 18 ? That's called child labour!

After years and years of sieges, it is time to send the right message to the seldjuks. And who is chosen to do so?

He talks like he has more experience than Carl.

Words of prudence....

...will surely reach soldiers the beetle-headed knaves.

Will they?

The spears 'worthy of respect', are surprised by the fools on horses, too.

But their cockiness pays off as they skewer the opposing leader.

The frightened and leaderless Seldjuks fled faster than any armenian husband at the call of his wife.

Turns out to be a hero, too, this Abirad Abelean.

This becomes a bloody day afterwards.

And speaking of blood, the tax collectors are quite busy, too.
    German

After all that sandy stories, Amir Cakmak glares at the sea from the beach.

: The time is over...I hope they can count to four!..Oh, how i do miss my wife...

Im comin to the beach

Ive crossed the deserts for miles
    Swam water for time
    Searching places to find
    A piece of something to call mine (Im comin, Im comin)
    A piece of something to call mine (Im comin comin closer to you)

Ran along many moors
    Walked through many doors
    The place where I wanna be
    Is the place I can call mine (Im comin, Im comin)
    Is the place I can call mine (Im comin comin closer to you)

Im movin, Im comin
    Can you hear what I hear?
    Its calling you my dear out of reach
    (take me to my beach)
    I can hear it calling you
    Im comin not drowning, swimming closer to you

Never been here before
    Im intrigued, Im unsure
    Im searching for more
    Ive got something thats all mine (got something thats all mine)
    Ive got something thats all mine (got something thats all mine)

Take me somewhere I can breathe
    Ive got so much to see
    This is where I want to be
    In a place I can call mine (call mine)
    In a place I can call mine (call mine)

Im movin, Im comin
    Can you hear what I hear?
    Its calling you my dear out of reach
    (take me to my beach)
    I can hear it calling you
    Im comin not drowning, swimming closer to you

Movin, comin, can you hear what I hear? (hear it out of reach)
    I hear it calling you
    Swimming closer to you

Many faces I have seen
    Many places I have been
    Walked the deserts, swam the shores (coming closer to you)
    Many faces I have known
    Many ways in which Ive grown
    Movin closer on my own (coming closer to you)

Im movin, I feel it
    Im comin, not drowning
    Im movin, I feel it
    Im comin, not drowning

Last edited by LlamaD; July 20, 2008 at 07:58 AM.

Default The Saints

Arqa Arsen the Mighty has a short word with the Legend himself.
    : Did he bite the bait?
    : Yessssss, master.
    : Good, then proceed as planned.

Meanwhile, the Spymaster rearranged some things and looks now for rightfully his money.

The armytraining continues with an increased degree of difficulty.

With the future Kalif busy in foreign lands, the al-Ayyubiyyuns decide to go yummy on their liege. So much for Vassalage.

It doesn't help Amir Cakmak, that the Bosporus strait is closed after traffic jam.

Not Surprisingly, the Nobles end their summer break and offer new Candidates for Adoption.

: Dzaghig. That sounds awfully familiar...Thank you, but NO thank you!

A standing army ain't cheap, so the taxmen have to be a little creative...

German

Two disbelievers meet:

: Ah, the always well-informed Spymaster. I got a question, knowing man. How comes that this General Abirad is a Saint, too?
    : Oh, well, it appears to be group of valiant Generals in your family, patriarchic Arqa.
    A lot of people want to be in that number.. And Abirad made it...quasi overnight.
    This is how it exactly went through:

Click to view content: 

: Abirad learned about the two other saints and was in awe of the idea. So he contacted them and asked to help him join their club.

Oh, when the Saints go marchin' in

We are trav'ling in the footsteps
    Of those who've gone before

And we'll all be reunited,
    On a new and sunlit shore,

Oh, when the saints go marching in,
    Oh, when the saints go marching in
    Lord how I want to be in that number
    When the saints go marching in

And when the sun begins to shine
    And when the sun begins to shine

Lord, how I want to be in that number

When the sun begins to shine

Oh, when the trumpet sounds its call
    Oh, when the trumpet sounds its call

Lord, how I want to be in that number

When the trumpet sounds its call

: *straightfaced* Which they...did.

: Hooray! I'm in that number!

: *after a short pause* Well,..... i don't want to see them hanging around together. Send one of them....the masked pervert...whats his name...ah yes, send Haydar "the Saint" northwards, he shall capture the castle of Trebizond and drive the Seldjuks out of the region. Hurry!
    : As you emphatically insist, mighty Arqa.

Therefore, at the place of Yasin's Departure:

: Easy, one General and a bunch of peasants...wait, where do all this footmen come from?
    : I suppose they got a very spacy spacious brothel....

That's what happens when people refuse to volunteer....

Fehmi Ozdemiroglu sallies out of the protecting walls...

...and engages Haydar while being shot at.

However, he was quite surprised as his horse got thrown over with him still in the saddle!

What the......*aaaaargh*

Trampled to death....

..it doesn't need a lot of prayers to rout the unfinished footmen. And victory is the result!

Which in turn leads to improved relations with.....Denmark.

Without much complaining, the men celebrate these news at the tavern. Of course, without forgetting whats most important....
    German
    Long live the Danes!

Default Where do you lead me?

The captured castle was a saving harbour for the new Doke of Trapezountas, Haydar the Saint. The Seldjuks immediately showed up with a sizeable force and laid siege.

..while Esayi the One-eyed Smuggler becomes a Major Player in the Cypress market

Without waiting to get hungry, Haydar called for help and got it.

Those Saints work together, yes?
    : Ve vill krush zem all like bugs!
    : Oh, no...is the plague already at hand?

Haydar the Saint fakes an attack to distract the turkish attention....

Where's the error?

..and Abirad the other Saint arrives with armenian cavalry and some mercenary horsearchers.

The short moment of confusion among the enemy is used by Abirad to kill the Peasant Leader.

Now real chaos breaks out among the Seldjuks.

Where shall we go Sergeant? - Quiet! The enemy must be very near! Move on careful and quietly!

But Serge.... - Shut up! Do you want to make us heard?!

- Avoid any noise!

- And don't fall over the deads..

*flup*flup*

Huahuaaaaaahaaaaaaa - By Allah! Shut up or your tongue will be cut!

A few metres further...

- That's better...

*flup*flup*

Aaaaaah - Does this start again?!?...Shuddup! And whoever it is, stop saying 'flup', too!

*flup*flup*flup*

*chorus* Huaahahaahaaaa - What? Can't ya'll be quiet for five minutes??

Only the experienced Peasants realize the situation...

Hey you fools! Turn around...*gasp*.. They...are.. *wheeze* right behind *heaving* you!

..while the Armenian Archers send volley after volley downhill.

Haydar the Saint helps 'em to heaven.

Mustafa, i'm flying! Paradise, i come!....

Aaaaah, Mustafa, i'm falling back down to earth! - Don't worry Serkan, i'll catch you if you fall!

With the wise Peasants taken out, the remaining troops act accordingly.

Absurd! First we shall storm the castle, then not, then everyone runs like crazy back and forth... no discipline at all. But we will march as a unit. Nothing will disrupt us. To the ballistas! Mihat, count in! - Yes, Sir! Left-right, left-right....

*flup*flup*flup*

..left-right...left-right... don't fall back men!...left-right...

So, my nap is done...where is everyone? - Looks pretty messy, corporal!

*flup*

And why does it smell like fire? Wasn't it forbidden to make open fire before we're inside the walls?!?

*flup*flup*flup*

Hey, we're coming from a nap! You can't srsly want to sleep again right now!

*flup*

A Saintclear Outcome.

And with some coins generated this way, Captain Abdulkerim can lead the remaining troops safely back home. Backwards

A not-so-happy Arqa Arsen disagrees once more with his saintly son.

: Don't you think the kingdom needs more Governors to bring wealth and prosper to all of our citizen, Mighty Father?
    : No.....
    : But our country could blossom with more....
    : *harsh* NO! I don't need nobody!

No good

You're no good for me
    I don't need nobody
    Don't need no-one
    Thats no good for me

Come on, who can, who can, can hear the bass drum? (distorted)

You're no good for me
    I don't need nobody
    Don't need no-one
    Thats no good for me

Come on, who can, who can, can hear the bass drum?

You're no good for me
    I don't need nobody
    Don't need no-one
    Thats no good for me

Ghazig the Saint leaves, filled with indignation.
    Arqa Arsen the Mighty on the other hand already thinks about ways to get rid of the danger that lies in his Saints. He sent someone to the wise man to get advice how to solve his problem.
    However.....

..that did not work. But Carl had a good idea at hand.
    : If you ask me, then you should turn their attention to other things. Just promote one or two of them, that will cause envy and distrust among all of them. Believe me, i speak of experience.
    : Really? Hmmm....

Time for some new taxes....
    German

Either the work of the Saints or the council of Bakers, but the Pagans do not think highly of our kingdom anymore.

Closer (to the beach):

5.German Song

: I see..... Fliegende Pferde..

Fliegende Pferde

Wieder mal die Straße runter Koffer auf 'm Gaul und vollgeflankt
    wieder mal die Straße runter und doch nur an dich gedacht
    wieder mal 'ne Nacht im Strandkorb von den Wellen in den Schlaf gesungen
    wieder mal 'n neues Leben im Kopf und gewusst ich dreh eh wieder um

Fliegende Pferde landen am Strand
    sie kamen über's weite Meer keiner weiß woher
    fliegende Pferde laden dich ein auf ihrem Rücken mit der Welt eins zu sein

Wieder mal vorm inneren Auge deinen Namen gesehn und wieder aufgelegt
    wieder mal 'n Brief geschrieben ihn zerrissen und weggeschmissen
    wieder mal die Nase voll 'ne Nummer unter Null zu sein
    wieder mal richtig sauer sein weil ich's wieder mal hingeschmissen hab

Wieder mal den Wind von vorn keiner der mir Fragen stellt
    wieder mal allein mit mir auf 'm Haufen Scherben
    wieder mal die Straße runter auf 'm Gaul im Wald gepennt
    wieder mal zu viel gequalmt und gewusst ich dreh eh wieder um

Fliegende Pferde fliegende Pferde
    Click to view content: 

: Wake up, Amir, wake up!
    : What.....ah crap. Only a dream...*sigh*
    : I'm hungry and they are yet nowhere near... Let's go get some food!
    Last edited by LlamaD; July 28, 2008 at 04:23 PM.

"No need to not fear - the Underdog is here!"

Hmm, those turkish armies obviously need my services, maybe a good opportunity to get some free crackers. Well, let's approach them...tap...tap...*cough*...*cough*..."Hello!"

*his nose deep into some paperwork* Yes, what do you want?

Hello good man, I have witnessed you recent terrible defeats and i want to offer my services.

*still not looking* Office hours are from 09:00 to 12:00 am. on odd days except Tuesday, Thursday and of course the weekend, come back an other time.

But you need someone to tell the troops how to find the enemy on the battlefield, even in broad daylight, take me, i work for peanuts.

*shaking his head unwillingly, not looking* Look, do you even have the proper registration form for filing a job interview? *turning around shouting into the back of the room* Hey Mahmad, what's the correct form for "job interview and mule renting" again? Was it 1451B or A?

*grumpy* How the hell should I know, I am just guarding this place...

Now look my good man, can I speak to someone in charge? Your superior perhaps? I am really in a hurry here.

*Looking up for the first time* *angry* What.... *stopping* Holy %&/crackin Moses, a talkin hamster

Aehm, yes, obviously, so can I...

Mahmad come here, you gotta see this!

But...

Yeah what is it...

Look a talking hamster!

Didn't the boss threaten to fire you if he found you smoking pot here just one more time

No I am serious, it's talking, check it out!

*mumbles* Ah screw it, I am off...

See? See? I told you so!

I didn't hear nuthin
    Last edited by Furin; July 30, 2008 at 05:02 PM.

Under the benevolent guidance of jimkatalanos

Default Switching and itching

The relief of last years victory is celebrated enough to bring a new family member to Dzaghig.

Nice horns, Haydar, nice horns..

Although there's only one real reason to be at the tavern....

True, Gagik had Armenia has many friends, but still, the Kingdom is widely seen as deceitful...

Very aware of this situation and the one on the royal court, too, the Spymaster takes things in his own hands.
    : For one word, noble Arqayazn!
    : What is it, shady man?
    : I know you are not pleased the way the kingdom....evolves... May i offer my....help?
    : It is true...but why would i trust you?
    : Well, i can tell you...but not here. Come with me and you won't regret, saintly Arqayazn.

6:39 min later....

: *tortured smile* Ok, you got me there. But how to?
    : Well, for once, you could hand me down some small functions within the city of Sis...then i can build up the necessary supporting network..
    : No difficulty for me. And the nobles?
    : Will be pleased to lay the kingdom to your feet.
    : Fine, but my code of honour prevents me from using any kind of force in this case.. how do you end his reign?
    : Leave that to me...he's already getting old and older... only a matter of time. Just a little bit patience.
    : I guess its the only way. For a better kingdom of Armenia!
    : *sssshhht* Not so loud.....but yes, for it!

Now guess what happend in these 6:39 min...

With the unspoken written proposal to bring war, terror and agony to the seldjuk lands.. read: saints, rodents and armenian bureaucracy ....Abirad the Saint engages unfriendly applicants outside the latest authority buildings.
    No approvement for resetting nails.

Prepared in the night....

...ready to fight in the morning..

..incoming enemies shorten the way to ride....

...and test their steadiness....

...yet Nail Resat doesn't want to be poked ....

..although seperatedly fighting...

....is unhealthy. The enemy seems to know that, too.

Just before his troops come to his rescue, Nail Resigns from Life.

The swordmen are here, but with no more horsemen, they have a certain disadvantage.

In the end and with earth-devastating charges they bite the dust.

So again a day to remember.

Right after the battle, a wounded messenger arrives....

Click to view content: 

Great news indeed. Not so great for Nail Resats surviving men.

It's pretty hard to survive the economic hardships of the Kingdom, but with the right mindset...there's always a thing or two to trade.

Arqa Arsen the Mighty might not yet see everthing that happens in his country, but perhaps he can eliminate everthing? Only if needed, of course.

: I just hope you are trustworthy....
    : Oh, don't worry. Everyone in my family is!
    : Really? Well, prove it......hmm...kill ...Pilal.. err,..Billi! I doubt someone with such a crude name lives on earth..
    [....]
    : Done, Sir!

: I see..... that i need to work on my enunciation. I guess though, that's as close as it comes.

From the financial report, taxes are still the primarily cashcow source of income...

...in large part thanks to the fervent & innovative taxmen!

Look who just declined to invest into the cypress-business!

Awful Esayi, awful!

It looks like the Seldjuks don't like the armenian authority stations on their country.

But i read theirs are almost as effective as ours?

Another one who doesn't like the kingdom is back, staring at the sea....

Something is missing?

Icon1 Cakmak is crowned

Another one who doesn't like the kingdom is back, staring at the sea....

Something is missing?
    *staring oafishly at the sea towards Cyprus* So did the sandcastle fairy-tale work?
    I'm not sure. And I think they believe we believe, that we don't believe that they believe our story.
    Now that's a thinker.
    It makes me think, that they have a plan with us. But think about our future instead.
    Yes, where's my crown? Naill, you said it is going to take four years!
    We had some unexpected distractions. They're keeping the crown under seven seals.
    Maybe I could help...
    In exchange for what?
    A non-agressive pact between our empires, should you be the new Ayyubid ruler. But it has to be secret.
    Oh shoot, so now I have to be friendly to both the "official" and Armenian pirates. Anyway, seal the deal.
    *gives the secret of the seventh seal*

(a year later)

Look! A ship! A ship!

But it's a Magyar ship! Shouldn't it be an Irish one?
    Don't worry, I let them do the piracy work. As a near-landlocked country, Hungary is longing for some sea adventure...
    At least we're shore-locked. So did you do a thorough job?
    Definitely:

The King is dead! Long live the King!

Call me a caliph from now on.
    Did you just say calf?
    No. And as the new leader one of the world's major powers I insist that you respect me...
    World's major powers? Excuse me?

Last edited by Aldgarkalaughskel; July 31, 2008 at 11:31 AM.

Default Sweet children and violent pastoralists

It was hardly a secret that the children of Ghazig the Saint and Princess Beatriz of Portugal do qualify for a first class disgrace.
    But at least it wasn't known allover the Kingdom. Until they became old enough to participate on the big stage, today at noon.

Dzovinar the Snob.
    Ghevont the Bastard.
    Potentially Confused.
    Illegetime Son.
    Illegetime Daughter.
    Fecund.
    Fertile.
    Utter Snob.
    Portugese Relations.
    The list goes on and on.

Pretty much what you can expect from a Saint.
    : Pffft, quiet at the cheap seats! Bring me my Handmaiden!
    : Eh....those Banners ....are really......

*scratch*

So, there's something to talk at the annually familymeeting.

Regarding the daily routine of angry (foreign) citizen who are not happy with the authorities, Muammer Gokturk led a furious mob that was not pleased to learn they had to pay taxes for their cats, dogs, horses and calfs.

Abirad, now Strategos and thereby Protector of the Government, rushed in to dissolve the gathering. And there was no time to play with Captain Halim, so ...

...without further ado, Halim was run over...

...on the way to a quick victory.

Right on time to stop the mob from destroying the authority building.

Thanks for the faith.

Always aiming for the leader of the pack...

and engaging him with the heavy Armenian cavalry...

...overcoming his fearless resistance...

..until it stops.

Cheriot, cheering Chillers!

Except for one single guy.

Bought a used sword, hm?

The rest is fun.

Just not for the poor one who's getting pantjacked.

*aaaaaaah*

Anyways...only a well executed peasant is a good peasant.

The seldjuks agree. Obviously.

So this disput is cancelled. Everyone pay their taxes for their livestock!

The number of tough names in the Family just got bigger, as well as the Master's list and the Lord's list.

The Seldjuk Sultan has chosen not to invest in some of our assets. Well, then there's no reason for him to stay here. Abirad Strategos is underway to make that clear.

After explaining the rules...

and with a little sacrifice..

..and the proper lock-on-target...

...Tal at is downed..

...and so are his men...

...A big fat seldjuk ransom awaits.

HorseshoeSultan Tal at the Merciless is sent home backwards.

The men can surely enjoy such good news... up until very late at night.

: Yeah, yeah, nice...money...good....Fine! Now excuse me, i got some...business to do...*leaves with the Pagan Magician*
    Last edited by LlamaD; August 03, 2008 at 02:33 PM.